The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Decanting Juice

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by wrath186, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wrath186

wrath186 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    I have read several threads regarding steeping juice to properly mix the flavors. It occured to me that maybe decanting your juice into a glass bottle might help blend the flavors or even prevent flavors from being compromised by the plastic.

I know from experience that some bourbons open up and mellow out in flavor after they breath and are decanted into another vessel. So, I thought that maybe decanting juice in a similar way might help. It would only be pracitcal with larger bottles, but still I thought it might be a good idea.

Any thoughts?

2. garfield82

garfield82 Full Member

Apr 10, 2013
    KS
    Bump.

I'd also like to hear thoughts on this. I've considered looking for some small decanters to keep juices in, and that would look nice lined up in a mod holder.

As long as they're in glass bottles and sealed with a stopper I don't really see any issue. Some juices come with corks instead of screw caps or droppers, so I assume it would work just fine.

3. theinlawjosie

theinlawjosie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2013
    The Bluegrass State
    Yeah, I've thought about the flavors possibly being tainted by plastic bottles as well. I know a lot of people keep glass bottles to store their bigger bottles of liquid in, but I'm still ordering smaller bottles as I continue sampling various flavors from a multitude of vendors. I did order a 30ml bottle of Cinnamon Roll from MBV and have been wondering about it specifically. I know a lot of MBV's juices are said to be more severe on plastic than tank crackers from other vendors and I don't want my juice eating through the bottle if I decide to enjoy other flavors for an extended period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.