Decent Ohmeter for Sub-Ohming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
I have a multimeter, but it can be fiddly, so I'd rather have a 510 ohmeter. What Are some decent ones available with sub-ohm accuracy. I know there are some that run in the $300+ but I'm not looking to go that extravagant. asMODus, the compamy that makes the mod and rda I'm using sells one, but I know nothing of their quality.
Anyone have any recommendations for me, and maybe anyone else looking for one?

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
USA ohm meters, supposedly accurate to 0.016 ohms, which is... Quite impressive. Really not terribly expensive, but the functionality and quality is definitely there.

Here's mine with a 0.274 build on a stillare, I adore the little meter

2ee3d3c22adca7c622df5a1317f8b854.jpg

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
USA ohm meters, supposedly accurate to 0.016 ohms, which is... Quite impressive. Really not terribly expensive, but the functionality and quality is definitely there.

Here's mine with a 0.274 build on a stillare, I adore the little meter

2ee3d3c22adca7c622df5a1317f8b854.jpg

How do you know that is .274? To me that reads like 274

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
How do you know that is .274? To me that reads like 274

Yes, it throws away the decimal point when you're under 1 ohm. So a 2.76 ohm coil would display just like you'd write it, while the 0.276 displays as 276.

Here's the link to their website, but I can't find their explanation I thought they had. The only one that's weird though is when you're below an ohm, and that's all there is to it.

http://www.shop.usaohmmeters.com/

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I have an ohmmeter and voltmeter 2 in 1 by eleaf

It has a 510 adaptor why is that bad?

It's an extra connection that is otherwise not needed, adding areas that not only need to be cleaned but can also throw off the reading. Not to mention it's just something else to lose.

OP, I've been eying efest's new 3-in-1 to replace my ELeaf which can give wildly inaccurate readings if everything isn't tightened just right. I know everyone has their opinion about efest but personally I've never had a problem with them. I trust their batteries so I expect to be able to trust their meter; I only wish there was more info (or any info for that matter) out there on it.

Last edited:
The ohm meter I have is the slickest I've seen. Got it from my local vape shop, it's 510 and 808 connections. accurate down to the hundreth but only one I've even seen that has a mini USB port for charging the built in rechargeable battery. So you should try to google search for "USB ohm resistance meter" and see if you can find it.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
The ohm meter I have is the slickest I've seen. Got it from my local vape shop, it's 510 and 808 connections. accurate down to the hundreth but only one I've even seen that has a mini USB port for charging the built in rechargeable battery. So you should try to google search for "USB ohm resistance meter" and see if you can find it.
Fasttech has been selling those for a few months now.
$17.00 Atomizer Resistance Tester (Ohm Meter) - eGo/510/808D / built-in 350mAh rechargeable battery at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I have never once found a need for 808 connection personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread