Z atty pro sub ohm? Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soully

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Cerritos, CA
I've done some google searching but haven't had any luck in finding anything, so I'm wondering if it's even possible?

My P3 will be coming in soon enough and it can handle down to .5 Ohms, so I'm curious as to whether it's even possible to get a sub ohm on a two post device.

Several ideas have come to mind but I'm hoping for other people's input on this, and maybe even a tutorial if anyone has one, as my knowledge on sub ohm is very limited as I've never had one before.

If this isn't possible, then hopefully some recommendations on a good sub ohm device? I'd really prefer it to be a tank as I'm lazy and having 3-5 ml of liquid just sitting there instead of carrying around a bottle all day is my preferred setup.

Thanks in advance!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Yes, it's possible. However, just because your P3 will go down to 0.5Ω doesn't mean you should. The P3 can go to 20W and 6V if I'm not mistaken so your efforts worth be served better if you build higher.

If I were you, I would figure out the best build to max the power on your P3. By my calculations, this would be 1.8Ω.

Most sub-ohm tanks with the 0.5Ω coils recommend 25W I believe.

Reactions: Flyguide83

Soully

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Cerritos, CA
Yes, it's possible. However, just because your P3 will go down to 0.5Ω doesn't mean you should. The P3 can go to 20W and 6V if I'm not mistaken so your efforts worth be served better if you build higher.

If I were you, I would figure out the best build to max the power on your P3. By my calculations, this would be 1.8Ω.

Most sub-ohm tanks with the 0.5Ω coils recommend 25W I believe.

Appreciate the input! May I ask how you came to the 1.8 conclusion?

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Appreciate the input! May I ask how you came to the 1.8 conclusion?

So I just used the equation P=V^2/R. I plugged in 20W for P, and 6.0V for V and solved for R. You get 20W=6.0V^2/R ---> 20W=36/R ---> R=36/20=1.8Ω :)

I usually do this for all of my VV/VW devices as it allows you to use the full range of your device's capability.

Reactions: Flyguide83

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The zatty came out loong ago when 10 watts is king.
The tank can do it but take the ibsulator out and wrap a fatter wick first. That little toothpick sized hole/wick will never keep up with sub ohm very well.

Just occured to me, with that huge airhole a nice fat wick may make it a lung hitter from hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread