Decided to give a wire rope build a go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
So I never did like the idea of a wire rope build... Seemed silly or whatever, and I had enough 400 SS Mesh to last a few lifetimes...

And then I just stopped using gennies altogether for a while.

I decided to try a wire rope wick, and I must say it's pretty great. Did n organic cotton insulator between the wick and the coil. For the coil I did a .4 Ohm 24 AWG Nichrome build. Using 316 Stainless Steel 3/32" Wire Rope - Non Galvanized and oil free purchased here: Stainless Steel WIRE ROPE 316, 7x7, 3/32", Per Foot | S0705-0002 Also, no type of nylon fillers or plating on the wire rope, just pure stainless steel.

I did torch the wick just to be on the safe side, but all it really needs is a good washing and it would have likely been fine. Right from the package I could not smell any oils on the wire, and yes I even put a piece in my mouth to see if I could taste any metallic flavors, and it was clean from impurities. Kinda surprising really.

Anyway, enough about the rope...

This is wicking incredibly well, much better than the mesh wicks I have used in the past. The cotton insulator at the top of the wick is staying fully saturated, all the way to the last drop in the tank, no tipping necessary using a 50/50 juice.

The vape has been excellent. Very clean flavor, excellent vapor production, and great throat hit. I actually like it a bit better than my Marquis, which is about as good as I've personally tried for flavor rba's.

Here's a pic of the build:

F15E48E1-DD5A-444F-B5C9-95A408B8F37E_zpsoplmnxhq.jpg

Reactions: thetrucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread