Decreasing nicotine strength by adding more nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zain Ul Abididn Malik

Apr 10, 2016
Hey guys, I have a 100ml ejuice 6mg which I want to cut down to 3mg,

I read on another thread about a guy who wanted to increase his nicotine streght from 6mg to 16mg and the Nic he had was 100mg/ml

A fellow member " @dsy5 " commented this:

The tip on the 100mg strength is good — you want to minimize the flavor loss. Here is a formula to boost the strength:

Ve x ((Nd - Ne) / (Na - Nd)) | where Ve is existing volume, Nd is desired strength, Ne is existing strength, Na is the added strength

So, if you had 10ml of juice and it is 6mg; and you wanted to bump it up to 16 mg, using 100 mg nic:

10 ml x ((16mg - 6mg)/(100mg - 16mg))
10ml x (10mg/84mg)
10ml x (0.11904)
= 1.19 ml of 100mg nic

_-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Will the same formula help me in decreasing the strength as well?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Zain Ul Abididn Malik - Since this is in the DIY E-liquid forum, I'm assuming you have more of the flavorings you made the 100mL of the 6mg eliquid with. Is that correct?

If it is, I'd just use an eliquid calculator to make a 100mL batch of the same eliquid, but with NO nic in it. Then...mix the original 100mL eliquid at 6mg nic with the new 100mL eliquid at 0mg nic. That would result in 200mL of 3mg nic eliquid with no flavoring loss.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Since this is in the DIY E-liquid forum, I'm assuming you have more of the flavorings you made the 100mL of the 6mg eliquid with. Is that correct?

If it is, I'd just use an eliquid calculator to make a 50mL batch of the same eliquid, but with NO nic in it. Then...mix the original 100mL eliquid at 6mg nic with the new 50mL eliquid at 0mg nic. That would result in 150mL of 3mg nic eliquid with no flavoring loss.
I don't mean to be argumentative JC; but wouldn't 100mL @6mg + 50mL @ 0mg = 4.5mg total adjusted strength?
Wouldn't the OP need equal parts (100mL @6mg + 100mL @ 0mg) to halve the original strength?

Edit: sorry for the 0mg member link; I can't seem to remove it. Not intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@IDJoel - Yep! You're right, and so is TJVapes. I should've said 100mL of the same eliquid at 0mg nic. I'll go back and edit it to correct it.

Also, about removing the member link in the 0mg...if you'll put a space between the @ and the 0mg...it won't show as a link. Like this...@ 0mg. Turns out there IS a member with that User Name!

Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Also, about removing the member link in the 0mg...if you'll put a space between the @ and the 0mg...it won't show as a link. Like this...@ 0mg. Turns out there IS a member with that User Name!
Thank you for the tip; I hadn't thought of that. Simple enough! My turn to edit.:rolleyes::D

Edit: Success! Yay me!;)

Reactions: JCinFLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread