Dekang juice, good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
This is just my opinion, but I would not deliberately use anything that goes into my body/lungs that comes from China. Their standards/regulations in regards to food/products is nothing compared to standards/regulations in America.

China Dekang and Hangsen are the World biggest e-juice suppliers so they have a lot in stake. I strongly doubt they would sacrifice their huge business by making juices unsafe. It is a different story when it comes to a small vendor that mixes juices in a toilet bowl. If the sht hits the fan he just starts another business and looses nothing.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
China Dekang and Hangsen are the World biggest e-juice suppliers so they have a lot in stake. I strongly doubt they would sacrifice their huge business by making juices unsafe. It is a different story when it comes to a small vendor that mixes juices in a toilet bowl. If the sht hits the fan he just starts another business and looses nothing.

That's one possibility, but it can also go the other way. Dekang and Hangsen are big enough to risk the possibility of issues arising from cutting a few corners to save millions of dollars. The guy selling a few grand worth of ejuice, supporting his family in the process, has a lot to lose from getting a bad rep on one website such as this one.

Also, in practice, I tend to find that boutique or micro business tends to have the best products and services when it comes to specialty items. Most are proud of what they do and work very hard to build a following of loyal customers willing to pay more for their unique brand.

It's like the dude selling corn at the farmers market... Is his product less regulated? Yes. Would I buy it over some massive FDA regulated whatever grocery store? Heck yes!

bobbyh3342

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
new london ct
dekang has a lot of good juices, I have been able to find more flavors that I like from dekang than any other juice company, BUt that is just me everybody is different ,,, I will wave my dekang flag high !! and change my last name to dekang!! BUt......... the next person may not.... And that is A Ok. Not everybody likes pall mall non filters(me I love em)And It does suck but taste is subjective and the only way to find out what you like is to spend money ,,,,, yay ,,but we don't have any,,,,, I know it sucks, get out there try the classifieds, trade juice, and don't throw out juice you don't like(trade it!:) then you can find what you like and save money!!!!!

Last edited:

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
I got a few 30ml bottles for something like $4 each from fasttech a few weeks ago. DK TAB and Dunhill. They're okay. Like others have said, pretty harsh throat hit. I've never been a smoker so for me to even notice throat hit is a little odd. It's not total junk, and I actually like the DK TAB quite a bit. The Dunhill flavor is pretty meh but not offensive.

I also ordered some mystery Hangsen flavors. No idea what they are. The bottles themselves aren't labeled with a name that I can find, but the little boxes they came in have Chinese characters on them. I can tell you that one is almost clear, and smells kinda like dirty socks and isn't so good. The other one is darker and tastes quite good.

If anyone on here can translate I'll post pics of the Chinese characters. I don't know if it's traditional or simplified Chinese.

edit:
what the heck, here's the boxes:
9049107981_af61be501e_c.jpg
Those aren't real Dekang, real Dekang has YNDK on the cap and a label stating what it is, that's some kind of counterfeit stuff that I would pour down the sink. I've been using Dekang for 4 years and have never seen them put it in a box.

Shy One

May 31, 2012
LA, CA
Dekang was the first e-liquid I tried, aside from the disposable blu's I was vaping as I was trying to decide what non-disposable e-cig to purchase. I ended up buying a Kgo and Brent recommended the DK-TAB. Being a newbie I wanted a tobacco flavored juice - I couldn't imagine vaping fruit flavors, lol! (Wow how things have changed since then!)

So when my kit arrived and he helped me get my cartomzier filled and ready to go - I took my first hit and haven't had a cig since. That was well over a year ago.

Since then I have explored and vape other tobaccos as well. But I still use it from time to time, add a bit to my current cartomizer, as I am the type who mixes a lot.

I have found that I like it less and less - I think my palette is getting a bit more refined, or I am getting a better sense of what REALLY tastes good to ME. I seem to be getting pickier and pickier!

I have never tried any of the other flavors, though.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Those photos aren't supposed to be of any Dekang product. That's some Hangsen stuff. The Dekang stuff I got from the same place (fasttech) was NOT in any kind of box. Just the bottles, all swaddled in bubble wrap and two layers of zip-loc bags.

Those aren't real Dekang, real Dekang has YNDK on the cap and a label stating what it is, that's some kind of counterfeit stuff that I would pour down the sink. I've been using Dekang for 4 years and have never seen them put it in a box.

penrow

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
United States
I like dekang ry4 and I trust the company, but what I keep in mind is that since china "CLONES" everything else why not sell some counterfeit dekang, made in an unsafe lab. If they can clone an iphone I'm sure they could clone a dekang ejuice bottle , then put whatever into it. I still buy it ,but that is my fear

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I like dekang ry4 and I trust the company, but what I keep in mind is that since china "CLONES" everything else why not sell some counterfeit dekang, made in an unsafe lab. If they can clone an iphone I'm sure they could clone a dekang ejuice bottle , then put whatever into it. I still buy it ,but that is my fear

Simple - just like the manufacturers they have to think about FUTURE business. If FT indicates a Brand Name in is that Brand name.
i.e. eVod (clone) vs. KANGER Protank(Original)
Both Hangsen and Dekang take a Hard line against Counterfeiters.
I have seen 2 China suppliers already that were forced to stop All e-liquid sales due to selling counterfeits. Both now sell genuine OEM E-liquids.

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
I also ordered some mystery Hangsen flavors. No idea what they are.

9049107981_af61be501e_c.jpg

Both are Chinese cigarette brands. So they are e-liquids made to imitation the flavor of those cigarettes.

Back to the topic. I've tried most recommended U.S. vendors, but I vape mostly Dekang now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread