Democrats urge FDA to clear market of all flavored e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
Apparently it is only the Democrats this time:

"Dozens of Democratic lawmakers sent a letter to the head of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) urging the agency to take all flavored e-cigarettes off the market.

The 43 House Democrats sent the letter to Acting FDA Commissioner Janet Woodcock as the agency reviews premarket tobacco applications and flavored e-cigarettes.

“Flavored e-cigarettes are putting a new generation of kids at risk of nicotine addiction and the serious health harms that result from tobacco use,” states the letter drafted by Reps. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) and Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) and released Tuesday.

The lawmakers want the FDA to ban all flavored e-cigarettes upon further review and nix the exemption the FDA has for methanol and disposable e-cigarettes.

Along with a ban on flavored e-cigarettes, lawmakers want a ban on premarket tobacco applications and the marketing of e-cigarettes that target minors............."

Democrats urge FDA to clear market of all flavored e-cigarettes

Even though Michael blumberg is not mentioned - As usual I suspect his money is somehow involved - He could not come even close to winning the nomination for President - So he uses his money to buy the anti-vape and tobacco vote. Was a Republican, then an independent, now a Democrat - A political reptile no matter what ! {my opinion}

What is to stop them from outlawing vaping entirely and then declaring nicotine a narcotic, and outlawing possession?

Meantime thousands of people die every year from smoking and drug overdoses - But real problems is not what concerns the agenda
- Vaping is killing no one and is not particularly dangerous, so pick on vaping and let big pharma and the drug cartels do what they want.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
Ever wonder why not one politician has sent a letter to the head of the ATF demanding to know why they aren't investigating those who are selling e-cigarettes to minors?

Obviously, those who sell to those "UNDER 21" are breaking the law.

It's a puzzlement.
People who believe in conspiracy theories and know some philosophy would call this a use of the "Hegelian dialectic" - In which you create a problem that really does not exist and then offer a solution !!!
The teen vaping epidemic for example - Did they ever prove all those millions of teenagers were really getting addicted to vaping? No, they did not. They used so called evidence like an anonymous online surveys that no one knows who answered to and somebodies mother said her son suddenly became an addict.

The real problem is that someone invented a tobacco product that was relaitively safe and enjoyable and - 'they' {the tobacco nazis] can't live with that and will do anyhing and everything in their power to stomp it out !!!
And with michael blumbergs billions backing them all we can do is to try to educate the politicians to the truth - Which unfortunately I do not think they care about
- If you balance your tobacco habit, safer or not,
against blumberg's billions - They'll take the money!

• Agree
Reactions: thanswr1

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ever wonder why not one politician has sent a letter to the head of the ATF demanding to know why they aren't investigating those who are selling e-cigarettes to minors?

Obviously, those who sell to those "UNDER 21" are breaking the law.

It's a puzzlement.

Because anyone who has looked into the Youth "Vaping" Problem quickly sees that the Vast Majority of Minors are NOT buying e-Cigarettes from Retailers. They are buying them from "Social Sources".

And there is about Nothing that really can be Done to put a Stop to that.

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    What is to stop them from outlawing vaping entirely and then declaring nicotine a narcotic, and outlawing possession?

Then you would have to outlaw cigarettes, cigars, etc. That's not going to happen.

We all know why vaping has a target on its back. It cuts into BT profits, campaign war chests, etc.

BTW, most of my posts on these threads is me playing "devil's advocate". I'm very aware the government can take a "principled position" on boths sides of an issue.

Unfortunately, unlike gun owners and those who consume liquor, the vaping lobby isn't large enough to make enough of a stink to matter.

The die has been cast. I still believe this is only the beginning of the story and not the end.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    Then you would have to outlaw cigarettes, cigars, etc. That's not going to happen.

We all know why vaping has a target on its back. It cuts into BT profits, campaign war chests, etc.

BTW, most of my posts on these threads is me playing "devil's advocate". I'm very aware the government can take a "principled position" on boths sides of an issue.

Unfortunately, unlike gun owners and those who consume liquor, the vaping lobby isn't large enough to make enough of a stink to matter.

The die has been cast. I still believe this is only the beginning of the story and not the end.
    There are many over the counter non-prescription drugs you can buy that have ingredients that you can not legally buy - Pseudoephedrine for example, and they actually limit the amount of that you can buy as they use it to make speed type drugs; the chemical it is made of can only be purchased under license - it is controlled.
    You can bet that they will do this with nicotine.

Now in my opinion, in spite of what you and most others say - I do not believe big tobacco is the enemy; at least not the original enemy.

I'm vaping exclusively today because Reynolds, one of the major tobacco companies, highly promoted the Vuse line, and was one of the first companies to come out with an easy to use system with decent flavors.
    I still have some of their melon cartridges left, which I stocked up on when it became apparent they were outlawing all flavored cartridges - like they want to do now with all flavors.

It's all part of tobacco {nicotine} Prohibition - There is almost no tobacco product that is immune, except maybe medical products protected by big pharma.

If you want to blame BT, then blame them for being too good at their business of promoting tobacco products - Once they started to promote vaping and vaping really started to take off - It was doomed.
    The tobacco nazis could not sleep at night - Until they could figure out a way to attack it. - Finally, after not finding any provable and significant health hazard, they settled on addiction - Create a phony addiction epidemic - And if that doesn't work, and it wasn't, they could always pay some unscrupulous people to release contaminated products, even through the black market, that would make people sick, especially teenagers - and if people died from it, all the better.
    The fix was then in - Finally they got the publics attention - And the dirty job of destroying the vaping industry was begun in earnest .

No one, especially government, would do that you say?

The US government once poisoned alcohol to get people to stop drinking

"In 1926, the federal government increased the amount of methanol, a poisonous alcohol-based substance, required in industrial alcohols, which people at the time used to make bootleg liquor. Faced with the ongoing failure of Prohibition, the increase was intended to discourage people from drinking.

"It gives a greater warning to the drinker that he is getting hold of something that he should leave alone," a government chemist told the New York Times at the time.

But people didn't stop drinking. Thirsty for any booze they could get, many Americans risked drinking the super-poisoned alcohol — and thousands died as a result........."

The feds once poisoned alcohol to deter drinking

I strongly believe that there is a strong possibility that blumbergs tobacco nazi cartel was involved with the poisoned vapes that killed and injured all those people !!! They were desperate to prove vaping was not safe - And like 100 years earlier with the methanol added to alcohol, they released some poisoned vapes on the market to make their point. My opinion.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread