Five Democrat Senators urge FDA to ban flavored cigars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss

Oct 14, 2011
Killeen Tx
I am so confused. I thought that the Supreme Court said that they cannot regulate ecigarettes as tobacco replacement therapy or ban ecigarettes. Why is this coming up again?!?! I thought they would eventually be regulated as tobacco products (even though they clearly are not). I don't get why they keep trying to ban them. They should simply require people to show an ID that they are 18 years old before purchasing an ecig

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
You know, I'm not so sure it's the right approach to point fingers at Dems versus conservatives in terms of anti-e-cig legislation....since I am not affiliated with either party and think BOTH are bought and sold by corporate interests I have no personal interest here either way politically speaking . BUT if you'd like to take a look at this report it shows quite clearly that Republicans have been given hand-outs by Big Tobacco lobbyists in the past as much (if not much more so) than Democrats. Only the most recent poll shows a slight variance in Big Tabacco lobbyist $$ going to Dems instead of Republicans. But they're all the same in the end....as long as we remain a country run FOR the corporation instead of FOR THE PEOPLE, more of the same will happen. Since this is an e-cig forum, that's where the attention is going.. and rightly so. But these scumbags want to take away a Hell of a lot more than your right to smoke e-cigs.

Tobacco | OpenSecrets

And more:
http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/contrib.php?cycle=2012&ind=a02

* This links and info provided within are from an objective, FACT-based NON-PARTISAN site.

Last edited:

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
I'm bumping this thread up, as the only way the FDA can ban flavored cigars is if the agency first promulgates a "deeming" regulation to apply Chapter IX of the FSPTCA to cigars, and the FDA has already stated its intent to promulgate a "deeming" regulation for all currently unregulated tobacco products (which includes e-cgiarettes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread