Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
You can get a great vape with the derringer using a single coil at 1.4 ohms, 15 watts, PLENTY of vapor and LOTS of flavor. This dripper is so tiny it really doesn't need dual coils. I think R-trippers has a video on the single coil build.

Delrin tips seem to eliminate the heat just about completely.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I tried all sorts of tips on my .3 set up to try and cool it down. This one finally worked good. I can do long pulls on it and its still cool enough I can vape it dry. I think the ribs insulate my lips from the heat. Can be found at fasttech, sold as a two peice with a 2 puffs logo on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20150518_004719.jpg
    IMG_20150518_004719.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 53

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I'm using mine primarily on SMPL. About .6 ohm, dual 29 ga. It's kind of funny, cuz my son came over last week end and I was showing it to him (non-vaper/non-smoker) and he said "wow your lips must be getting fried with that thing". I thought about it and, nope, I feel zero heat to my mouth. Very, very little spitting, and when I do feel spitting, it's coming from the air holes, hitting my hand, not the drip tip. And I'm using the drip tip that came with it (the one with the lightning bolt on it) I did use it a few times on my vapor shark, but kept the watts around 17.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
You can get a great vape with the derringer using a single coil at 1.4 ohms, 15 watts, PLENTY of vapor and LOTS of flavor. This dripper is so tiny it really doesn't need dual coils. I think R-trippers has a video on the single coil build.

Delrin tips seem to eliminate the heat just about completely.

I run mine with a 1.5 to 1.8 ohm single coil at 8-10 watts. I kinda have to run a single coil because one of the screws won't hold. I also use a longer delrin tip. Only had it a couple of weeks and I actually like it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread