Desire Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
The battery door on my Rage is solid. No problems at all. I just got a Basium. It's alot smaller than I yhought it would be. I'm really digging it. It's a very simple mod. VV/VW only. I like that. I really loved my Drone until it died. I'm apprehensive about spending that kind of money to get another one if they come out again.

Yeah, I'll also be watching for the Drone pricing. Could well end up being the Rage.

Reactions: stols001

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
The original Drone was just over $150. I picked up my Rage for $66.

Yeah, at $150 the new Drone would have to tick every single box:

Non-proprietary bottle
Good quality supplied bottle (pref 2!)
dna chip (a cert I would think seeing as it will be called a Drone 250)
Dual battery (another cert), be a bonus if it could take dual 2x700s
1 watt increments
No metal tube
Squonk bottle tube on the bottle, not on the mod
No rattly doors / magnet panels

There's a couple of teaser posts from Brian of The Vapor Chronicles about a new squonk mod coming soon. Be interesting to see what that is.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
When is the new drone due out anyway ? I would like to see if they still have the same huge device or if they some how managed to shrink the footprint ??

Supposedly this or next month, their website is still largely down, aside from the Orion. When I messaged them today they said 'soon'. I'm guessing next month now.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Few comments here on door rattle. Not saying this is a problem with the Rage but a small piece or 2 of electrical tape on the inside of the battery compartment does wonders. Below pic of the Drag which had horrendous rattle just to give you a idea. She rattles no more and the door fits perfectly – nothing can be seen from the outside.

Drag.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I seen a reviewer that had a problem with door rattle on his, however mine couldn’t be tighter. It has zero movement in any direction.

Also to whom it may concern, fasttech has replacement bottles for the Rage in stock now. Mine just shipped today and they are going for around $10 if memory serves me.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I seen a reviewer that had a problem with door rattle on his, however mine couldn’t be tighter. It has zero movement in any direction.

Also to whom it may concern, fasttech has replacement bottles for the Rage in stock now. Mine just shipped today and they are going for around $10 if memory serves me.
Thanks for the info on the bottle. I agree that I have no door rattle on mine at all. My Rage with a Chief King RDA has become my everyday run around setup.

Reactions: madstabber

Max Power

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009

I got mine from LocalVapes, just wanted to add I got the dark grey, it looks really good but it is impossible to tell easily how much juice is left, I would probably order clear if I had to do it again, if I could find any clear that is. Well worth the money for an extra bottle. Thanks.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I got mine from LocalVapes, just wanted to add I got the dark grey, it looks really good but it is impossible to tell easily how much juice is left, I would probably order clear if I had to do it again, if I could find any clear that is. Well worth the money for an extra bottle. Thanks.
Fasttech only has the white bottles. $10 for 1 or $28 for three.
$10.23 Authentic Desire RAGE Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle - 7ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Is the white bottles and clear bottles one in the same or is there clear bottles also?

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks for the info on the bottle. I agree that I have no door rattle on mine at all. My Rage with a Chief King RDA has become my everyday run around setup.
Nice setup, do you use the Chief King with single or duel coils? How does it vape with just a single coil, if you’ve tried it?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Nice setup, do you use the Chief King with single or duel coils? How does it vape with just a single coil, if you’ve tried it?
I've never tried it with a single coil but I imagine it would work very good. You can center a single coil in the deck between the airflow. I have dual 3mm id rectangle core claptons in mine now and it is excellent.

• Informative

Max Power

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thanks to the contributors of this thread I finally convinced myself to pickup a Rage. Been on the fence with this product - I only use my squonker (Pulse 80) when I am out and about and given the size of the Rage in comparison I had my reservations. But found one on sale so that helped with the purchasing decision. Unfortunately, the store which I purchased it from is on the other side of the country and our postal service is threatening to strike any minute now. I am hoping I receive my order before then. Never had to rely on our postal service during a strike so not sure what to expect should that happen.

Hate ordering online. I am an instant gratification type person so when the funds exchange from my hands to the retailer, I want the product handed over immediately! Been anxiously mashing the refresh button on the tracking site in anticipation my shipment will warp across the country in mere seconds. Wishful thinking!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks to the contributors of this thread I finally convinced myself to pickup a Rage. Been on the fence with this product - I only use my squonker (Pulse 80) when I am out and about and given the size of the Rage in comparison I had my reservations. But found one on sale so that helped with the purchasing decision. Unfortunately, the store which I purchased it from is on the other side of the country and our postal service is threatening to strike any minute now. I am hoping I receive my order before then. Never had to rely on our postal service during a strike so not sure what to expect should that happen.

Hate ordering online. I am an instant gratification type person so when the funds exchange from my hands to the retailer, I want the product handed over immediately! Been anxiously mashing the refresh button on the tracking site in anticipation my shipment will warp across the country in mere seconds. Wishful thinking!
It’s a really nice mod. I wanted one for awhile but didn’t want to pay $100 most places we’re charging and because waiting weeks for one was out of the question I had to find a American vendor. Once I found an American vendor selling one for $65 out the door I ran out of excuses and I’m happy I did. It’s nice to have the extra life of a two cell squonker and it’s a really good looking mod. My favorite feature is the bottle though. Refills are a snap, I love the ease of just popping the bottle out, filling, and back in, no fuss. I’ve been trying the TC mode the last couple days and I’m happy with that also. I didn’t like the SS setting so I put in a 92 tcr and it’s been great. I’m using ss mesh so the ss setting may work better with a standard coil just FYI. Anyway I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. Good luck on getting it before the strike, waiting on vape mail is torture.

Last edited:

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas

possible strike? I find nothing about this.

EDIT : found it, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread