Desperately waiting for my Vamo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've not convinced my wife yet about vaping. She only smokes like 4 or 5 analogs per day, on the evening (I don't understand yet how she's able not to smoke the rest of the day). I have two main reasons for here to stop smoking. One, her health, and second, the smell. Now that I vape, I feel that I'm less tolerant with the smoke smell and the taste if I kiss her ;)

She tried a puff the first day I got my first ecig, but she didn't like it, and now she doesn't want to try any other eliquid. The good thing is that now, I can vape inside other people houses, but she can't. So maybe in the future she gets tired of not being able to smoke when visiting friends :)

I've got the same problem. My wife tried it once or twice and totally hated it. She wants no part of it. She really doesn't want to quit as I did and that's the main reason it won't happen. I think we all know, even though we're still getting our "NIC" fix, if we really didn't want to quit we'd still be on analogs. In addition to that she smokes menthol and I've yet to find a juice that even comes close to a Marlboro menthol and I've tried about 20 of them. She's also lazy with stuff like this. I can't see her being responsible enough to always have a charged battery never mind rebuild a coil. I wouldn't mind taking care of all of it if I can just get her to make the switch. Small price to pay in exchange for her health. Maybe some day. We'll see.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Is DHL really more expensive? I thought I paid an extra $3 for EMS. Hmmm. I gotta look at my bill.

My DHL shipping ran $14 and change. EMS was $16 and change. In their forum Health Cabin has posted that some time after the first of the year they will resume shipping by mail which is dirt cheap. I've not ordered by mail from Health Cabin but have ordered stuff from Hong Kong on eBay. It usually takes two and a half to four weeks to arrive. I don't know how long it would take from Health Cabin.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
My DHL shipping ran $14 and change. EMS was $16 and change. In their forum Health Cabin has posted that some time after the first of the year they will resume shipping by mail which is dirt cheap. I've not ordered by mail from Health Cabin but have ordered stuff from Hong Kong on eBay. It usually takes two and a half to four weeks to arrive. I don't know how long it would take from Health Cabin.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I buy stuff from a site called Priceangels.com. Dirt cheap iPhone, and iPod stuff. Chargers, cases, etc. they even have some ecig stuff up there. I got a 1100mah eGo clone batt for $8. Shipping is free for most of their stuff but it's regular china post mail. Usually takes every bit of a month to get to me. It's a good deal If ya don't mind waiting. I like the idea of Healthcabin offering regular china post. They have some really good prices I wouldn't mind waiting for.

howiesatwork

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
San Jose, CA
I ordered from them on 12/23 and received it on 12/26... DHL Express for my order was $19.30. Fast to here on the left coast, huh? It will be a little longer to the Midwest, I think.
Enjoy it when it gets to you.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I have been impressed with Health Cabin so far. Two Vamos in two different orders - both good. Both shipped by DHL - reached me in 3 days. The DHL is not more expensive for me than some US vendors shipping - and they take two weeks, or even three, to reach me. I bought a bunch of vivi nova extras from Health Cabin in their sale too.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I ordered from them on 12/23 and received it on 12/26... DHL Express for my order was $19.30. Fast to here on the left coast, huh? It will be a little longer to the Midwest, I think.
Enjoy it when it gets to you.

Wow. 3 days. That's not bad at all. I think you're right. Takes a bit longer to get to the "right coast". But that $16 shipping cost kinda cancels out the awesome prices they have. Works out well on some products like the VAMO. My order total came out to around $42 shipped. That's less than what a lot of vendors just sell the VAMO for without shipping. Guess it depends on your order.

whatsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
NC
I have to say that healthcabin got mine here to the east coast very fast. I ordered on Monday morning and had my Vamo Thursday by DHL. I ordered a lot of other stuff during the sale to offset the $19+ shipping.

Also a tip on the Vamo, make sure to set it to the n02 mode when you get it. It was giving me some harsh hits in the standard n01 mode. It's much more accurate and satisfying in the n02 mode.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Still tapping my toes, waiting for Vapor Break to ship my 2 Vamo's.. Strange, 1st place I made an order yesterday morning (out of 5 orders..) and the only one that hasn't shipped... grrr :/

I chose EMS so the wife and I could be using the Vamos before I head back down to my station... If it doesn't ship today, the wife is going to have to reship it to me.. and Vapor Break is seriously going to piss me off :/ (This is the part about China I hate.. LOL)

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Still tapping my toes, waiting for Vapor Break to ship my 2 Vamo's.. Strange, 1st place I made an order yesterday morning (out of 5 orders..) and the only one that hasn't shipped... grrr :/

I chose EMS so the wife and I could be using the Vamos before I head back down to my station... If it doesn't ship today, the wife is going to have to reship it to me.. and Vapor Break is seriously going to piss me off :/ (This is the part about China I hate.. LOL)

Let me know how this pans out for ya. Vaporbreak has some amazing prices but I haven't ordered from them because I have seen a lot of negative stuff about them here on ECF. I hope you have a good experience. I'm just a bit apprehensive.

Last edited:

whatsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
NC

Never ordered from Vapor Break before. Have you had good experience with them? Also I hope they aren't taking that same long break as healthcabin and that's why they haven't shipped your order. They are closed from like the 28th until Jan. 3. Hopefully if they are they shipped your order first.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Health Cabin shipped out what I ordered yesterday, but I didn't order the Vamo's there. Vapor Break hasn't done squat, and so my Vamo's haven't even been pulled from the shelf yet.. So, it looks like I've wasted my time with a high priced shipping option to get here before I leave Thursday. I know the Health Cabin order will be here Wednesday. Should have spent the extra $12 each.. hmm Na.. I'm just impatient I guess LOL

whatsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
NC
Well there is still a good chance you'll get it before you leave. I ordered mine early Monday morning(basically Sunday night) and it shipped late on Monday. I still got it on Thursday afternoon around 1pm. With your order already being placed it should ship first thing on their Monday which would be on our Sunday. Gotta love the global economy.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Health Cabin shipped out what I ordered yesterday, but I didn't order the Vamo's there. Vapor Break hasn't done squat, and so my Vamo's haven't even been pulled from the shelf yet.. So, it looks like I've wasted my time with a high priced shipping option to get here before I leave Thursday. I know the Health Cabin order will be here Wednesday. Should have spent the extra $12 each.. hmm Na.. I'm just impatient I guess LOL

Don't be so hard on yerself. Patience is not one of my strongpoints either.

Almarma

Dec 18, 2012
Norway
Hi! Thanks for the answers! I don't feel alone now ;). Well, still waiting for my VAMO from Health Cabin since 12/17!! You people in the USA are very lucky. Here, in Norway, EMS seems to be another slow one.

And as I'm waiting so long, I'm having time to worry about more things: I bought the VAMO without batteries, because I already own some Trustfire 18650 protected batteries. I'm pretty sure they won't work, so two days after buying the VAMO, I bought another two batteries from China too (Sanyo 2600mAh, protected, red color. I don't know if I'm allow to post here the link to the shop). They look as a good quality ones, and I asked somebody about them, and they were pretty sure they can put even 5A without problem. But after reading a lot about batteries and VAMOs, I'm very afraid that they won't work and I will need IMRs yes or yes. What do you think? I've been googling about Sanyo batteries and VAMOs without luck :(. I'm thinking about canceling that Sanyo's and buy some IMRs within Europe to have them on time with the VAMO.

Oh, and Happy New Year!!!

mseymour67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Columbus OH

I ordered my Vamo kit from Ocean Vapor...also from China. Mine shipped a couple days ago, a day after I ordered. I almost ordered from Vaporbreak...glad I didn't now. Sorry to hear about your troubles with them. Good luck.

Almarma

Dec 18, 2012
Norway
Customs, for some reason, held my shipment up (no juice in that order....) and then the holiday Stop held it up again. Gladly, it should be here in SA tonight and at my door tomorrow...

Mine is now here in Norway!! I have an app for the iPhone that tells me where are my shipments, and it was on customs the 31st, dispatched the same day to destination, but the destination (me!), is still waiting :(. AAAAAArrrrggggghhh!!! The more videos I see from people using mods, the most I know I need one, because my Ego battery produces much less vapor than those!!! I want fog in my living room!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread