Desperately waiting for my Vamo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The skins I ordered from Vapor Skinz made it in today.. makes the waiting even worse!! LOL Should have mine and the wife's VAMO's in tomorrow. I wanted to surprise her with it all dressed up when she gets off the plane tonight.. Oh well.. I don't have the anniversary ring for her in either..

Why doesn't mail work like in the cartoons?!?!?!?!? Order it, wait one minute, go out to the mailbox and pull it out!!?!!!!?!? ;)

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
ugh!!! No Break for me!! US Customs now has my VAMO's... 1st China Customs, now US...
I have the skinz.. I have new batteries on the new charger, I even have replacement end caps with the larger springs just in case...

Just not the VAMO's... ..... LOL oh well, they will sit on the kitchen table once they do arrive.. wife won't touch a thing till I can get back up here..

At least I have fresh juice waiting for me at my other place when I get there tonight.... :/

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
ugh!!! No Break for me!! US Customs now has my VAMO's... 1st China Customs, now US...
I have the skinz.. I have new batteries on the new charger, I even have replacement end caps with the larger springs just in case...

Just not the VAMO's... ..... LOL oh well, they will sit on the kitchen table once they do arrive.. wife won't touch a thing till I can get back up here..:/

That sucks. Like having a cigarette and no matches...or...or...a flashlight with no batteries...ohhh the humanity!!!!!!

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest

Don't give up hope. My VAMO from Health Cabin had to to get clearance in both China and the U.S. It still made to the middle of the midwest in three days from the time it was shipped.

However, in the future if you need something in a timely manner work with a U.S. seller who is known to ship quickly and get two day or overnight shipping.

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
However, in the future if you need something in a timely manner work with a U.S. seller who is known to ship quickly and get two day or overnight shipping.

Fortunately, most the stuff I order from China gets here before the US shippers stuff does... I have a ring ordered from New Orleans for the wife on a 2 day priority that is now on day 5 :/

If I wasn't having to be someplace else tomorrow (tonight), it wouldn't have mattered. It will get here..

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why do you all order from China,dont they have any places in US where you can pick them up?

China is cheaper most of the time even with shipping. A lot cheaper. Got my VAMO for $20 less than the cheapest US vendor was offering. Including shipping. I'm sure we'd all love to support the US vendors but their markup on these things are just outrageous.

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I would have spent $100 and a bit with taxes for 2 VAMO's locally. Ordering from China, I spent $125 for the same, plus, 4 DID's, 4 tank sleeves and 4 atomizers for dripping.. I would have spent about $175 or more for all that locally. That $50 I didn't spend paid for my gas to get back to work tonight, and to get back home next weekend.

Of course, I could just stop vaping... .. ..

Na..... ;)

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
i have ordered a few battery's from china i will never order from over there again it took over a month to get them i would rather pay more get my stuff faster and support the usa personally,

PepNYC if i was still living in North Carolina i would order from MyFredomSmokes and madvapes they are both right there in your state so you would get your items next day and both stores are pretty cheep.

Last edited:

Almarma

Dec 18, 2012
Norway
Well, finally my Vamo arrived right now!! Very happy with it, it works fine, even with the Trustfire 2500mAh protected batteries I have at home (I bought new ones, but they have not arrived yet). I've tried vaping up to 7.5W without problems.

But I have one thing I want to comment: the 510 thread is not perfectly straight. When I screw both the Vivi Nova and the Mini Vivi Nova, I can see how the space between the Vamo and the Vivis is bigger in one side than in the other. Is not a big issue, and both works fine. I wont return it to China as it will be very expensive, but I wonder if there is some way to fix it myself.

Double J

Nov 1, 2012
OH
I have the same issue. It's going back after they send me a new one. Clearomizer tanks rub so bad on the side of the cup opening that it is hard to begin threading and scrapes up the base of the clearo.

Link
Well, finally my Vamo arrived right now!! Very happy with it, it works fine, even with the Trustfire 2500mAh protected batteries I have at home (I bought new ones, but they have not arrived yet). I've tried vaping up to 7.5W without problems.

But I have one thing I want to comment: the 510 thread is not perfectly straight. When I screw both the Vivi Nova and the Mini Vivi Nova, I can see how the space between the Vamo and the Vivis is bigger in one side than in the other. Is not a big issue, and both works fine. I wont return it to China as it will be very expensive, but I wonder if there is some way to fix it myself.

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Almarma

Dec 18, 2012
Norway
Sorry to read that. Mine is not that bad. I can screw my Vivi till the end, and I checked the bottom of the Vivi and it's not scratched. With mine it's more an aesthetic thing:
Here, with some distance, you don't see it:
Foto del día 04-01-13 a la(s) 15.36 #2.jpg

Here, with a closer look, you see the space between the Vivi and the Vamo bigger in one side:
Foto del día 04-01-13 a la(s) 15.36.jpg

And I think I see because I know it, nobody else will see it unless I tell to them. But it's a bad feeling :(

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
That is a good deal. How much was it with tax (if any) and shipping? I got mine for $41.63 Including shipping. From China. Sometimes ya just can't beat their prices. Heck, most of the time.

Tax is 13%,so with tax it about 50 bucks,no need too ship,its a bricks and mortar shop about a 10 minute bike ride ,i get too see it before i plunk down the cash.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Sorry to read that. Mine is not that bad. I can screw my Vivi till the end, and I checked the bottom of the Vivi and it's not scratched. With mine it's more an aesthetic thing:
View attachment 166136

Here, with a closer look, you see the space between the Vivi and the Vamo bigger in one side:
View attachment 166137

And I think I see because I know it, nobody else will see it unless I tell to them. But it's a bad feeling :(

I think thats normal on most units,the threads are milled on a slight angle,it dont look bad at all.You sure its not the tank?

Last edited:

PepNYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Charlotte, NC
View attachment 166136

View attachment 166137

Mine is the same exact way. Leans just ever so slightly. Not enough for it to affect the performance in any way or anyone to notice but just enough to annoy me. :)

Almarma

Dec 18, 2012
Norway
I think thats normal on most units,the threads are milled on a slight angle,it dont look bad at all.You sure its not the tank?

I've both a Vivi Nova and a Mini Vivi, and exactly the same thing with both. As PepNYC says, is not enough to be a problem, just enough to annoy me :). I hope somebody will come with a way to fix it without breaking the thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread