Destroyed my pallet with halo juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananatole

Jul 23, 2014
PG, BC, Canada
I recently started vaping and bought a halo g6 kit with Tribeca ejuice. I got some mini tanks and really love the taste of Tribeca. It is sweet but also not overpowering.

since then I bought a mvp 2.0 and mini tank pros. And ordered juice from mbv and stinky canuck. The mbv juices were made on July 16 and I tried the thug juice and rootbeer yesterday. Rootbeer was good, kinda sweet but tasty, the thug juice was gross. Tastes like flowers. So they are in the box for steeping now, and I smelled the vanilla tabacco flavor and it smelled like flowers as well so I put that away.

Stinky canuck has been better. The banana mallow flavor was good but too sweet, the vanilla Cuban one is good but kinda tastes like raisins. I have a couple more to try but I think I just don't like sweet juices. But I love Tribeca..... So I do like them but I feel like Tribeca is on another level.

what do you guys think? Just shell out the 20 dollars a bottle for halo juices(I haven't tried any of the other tobacco flavours yet) or are all the premium juices just about as good as halos?

Despraci

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA
Going from halo to MBV maybe a challenge,but you have to let MBV juices steep for a while before usage. I believe Halo is pre-steeped. But you may want to get some samplers from other companies to see if there is something cheaper that you might like. ITC, Nicoticket, Etc might be a cheaper route if you find something you like. MBV can be decent if you let it steep, personally I use Mr Goodvape as my premium goto juice and D&D for my all day vape. I also like to try other companies just to have a variety, but I never place a large order till I know I like what they create.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Halo Tribeca is a tasty RY4 variation for many of us, so maybe you can keep it in your rotation as a treat. If you eventually get into DIY liquid, there are recipes here on ECF that come pretty close, but it's nice to have a well steeped bottle of Tribeca available. It gets better with time. Good luck finding that price/flavor balance!

swaycleveland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
middleburg hts. Ohio
Finding a bridgehead for your threads is useless. Just rip out the cotton in one of your cartos. also rip out that little tube. Then drip a couple of drops on the coil. Bam! Your are done. Mbv takes forever to get good. I went from hallo to mbv and then Ahlusion. You'll be happier if you make a beeline for Allison xpress and come back around to mbv. Just my.02

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
I don't understand your question.
You like the Halo Tribeca, which is my favorite juice (Just ordered 5 bottles of Tribeca), so why on earth are you thinking about selling it and switching to some other maker.

Sorry I don't get it. That's like saying I like coffee brand X a lot but I tired brand Y and didn't like it as much. So should I sell brand X and look for some other coffee brand.

HowlinMadMurphy

Jul 20, 2014
Detroit, MI
I don't understand your question.
You like the Halo Tribeca, which is my favorite juice (Just ordered 5 bottles of Tribeca), so why on earth are you thinking about selling it and switching to some other maker.

Sorry I don't get it. That's like saying I like coffee brand X a lot but I tired brand Y and didn't like it as much. So should I sell brand X and look for some other coffee brand.

Some people are about consistency and some people are about variety I guess. I am a variety kind of guy, I would rather try out some new stuff than just keep ordering the same thing over and over, and in my experience as long as I use good vendors and try out flavors that I know I don't have an aversion too I usually end up with good stuff and I always get excited to try a new flavor out lol. Also it sounds like this was one of his his first e-liquid purchases so I can't blame anyone for still looking around no matter how much they like it.

To the OP. The only juice I just could not vape and threw away was Halo Voodoo. I did try their Belgian cocoa and that was great. It seemed like quality stuff but I am in no rush to order from them again. If you are really liking their liquid and it will keep you off analogs I say vape away, but don't let it discourage you from looking around and trying out different vendors, there is a lot of good stuff out there.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Some people are about consistency and some people are about variety I guess. I am a variety kind of guy, I would rather try out some new stuff than just keep ordering the same thing over and over, and in my experience as long as I use good vendors and try out flavors that I know I don't have an aversion too I usually end up with good stuff and I always get excited to try a new flavor out lol. Also it sounds like this was one of his his first e-liquid purchases so I can't blame anyone for still looking around no matter how much they like it.

To the OP. The only juice I just could not vape and threw away was Halo Voodoo. I did try their Belgian cocoa and that was great. It seemed like quality stuff but I am in no rush to order from them again. If you are really liking their liquid and it will keep you off analogs I say vape away, but don't let it discourage you from looking around and trying out different vendors, there is a lot of good stuff out there.

Well you can have both. I have a tons of juice in many different flavors that I vape daily. But my main juice is Halo Tribeca.

Just because you try different juices doesn't mean you have to sell, and or stop using, the one you like best.

But you completely missed the meaning of my post.

HowlinMadMurphy

Jul 20, 2014
Detroit, MI
Well you can have both. I have a tons of juice in many different flavors that I vape daily. But my main juice is Halo Tribeca.

Just because you try different juices doesn't mean you have to sell, and or stop using, the one you like best.

But you completely missed the meaning of my post.

I am not sure where you got the idea that he wants to sell his liquid or give up Tribeca. He wants to know if its worth buying anything else because he likes it so much.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I started with Halo and still vape a lot of their juices till today. Halo is presteeped, they do recommend further steeping of 24-48 hours and BOOM...ready to go. Voodoo needs a bit longer and is one of my favorites. You will find as you try other juices, many of them need steeping WAY longer...some up to 3 months for full flavor potential.

Also many juices are "weak" in flavor and that's why I go back to Halo time and time again because most of their juices are not shrinking violets. Try other juices but just buy samples or you will end up spending a TON of money and have a bunch of juices you may not like. Plus your taste buds will change and possibly your nic level.

So Halo didn't ruin your taste buds, other juices are just weak in flavor compared to Tribeca.

If you like the flavor punch of Halo, other vendors with a stronger flavors are The Plume Room and GoodLife. But I bet you don't get rid of Tribeca, it's Halos #1 flavor!

bananatole

Jul 23, 2014
PG, BC, Canada
I am not sure where you got the idea that he wants to sell his liquid or give up Tribeca. He wants to know if its worth buying anything else because he likes it so much.

No way I'm selling my Tribeca. Lol I might buy a few more bottles. I was just wondering if their flavours are above most vendors or just above mount baker.

but I let my mount baker juices sit without the lids for a day and then shook the bottles 2ce a day for 4 days or so and now the floral taste is gone in the thug juice, not bad at all. The rootbeer is good as well. The vanilla tobacco still smells like flowers so that will steep for longer. Overall I went from unhappy with my mount baker purchases to happy with them. Thug juice and rootbeer are awesome.

i have some flavours from stinky canuck and they are pretty good to. The honey tobacco flavor is the really good, subtlety sweet but also full of flavor. When I want something sweet I use my mount baker flavours but I'm thinking Tribeca is my adv for now.

i am pretty interested in finding a natural tobacco vendor in Canada.

bananatole

Jul 23, 2014
PG, BC, Canada
Finding a bridgehead for your threads is useless. Just rip out the cotton in one of your cartos. also rip out that little tube. Then drip a couple of drops on the coil. Bam! Your are done. Mbv takes forever to get good. I went from hallo to mbv and then Ahlusion. You'll be happier if you make a beeline for Allison xpress and come back around to mbv. Just my.02

I didn't know this. So if I take one of my halo carts and pull everything out and drop into it that's safe? I would like to have a way to taste my flavours and see if yet are steeped enough before filling a tank on my mvp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread