Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
The Splinter Z is pretty great, works on any 510 box mod--even a mech, though it's not ideal for that.

The newer ones are regularly $170ish IIRC, but they do run sales fairly often it seems and they also have cheaper variants that are made in China (Splinter V2 for example) which are said to be almost as nice as the hand made ones.

Looks like they've got a sale right now: Store

You can pick up a V1 for $59 but do some research first as I'm not familiar with the differences. The V2 is currently $69 with the sale. That's a good deal for a great atty.

These are pure convection vapes that hold .1 grams roughly per load. I recommend using temp control, which allows for fool-proof even roasting 100% of the time, but wattage mode works fine as well with a slight learning curve.

I do prefer the dynavaps but they are mechanical vaporizers that require a torch or an induction heater. I use the Splinter Z regularly though and love it. Obviously I am a microdoser, so the .1 capacity may be off-putting to you, but it is quick/easy to reload. Hopefully some other suggestions will come along as I know there are more box mod compatible vapes out there, just not familiar with them.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Well, as I said, they're within your budget on sale right now. If you want cheaper than that for a good vape, good luck man. Edit: to be clear I'm referring to the V2, which, to my understanding, is the Splinter Z only mass-produced in China instead of being hand-made in the US. $69 for the V2.

Last edited:

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Well, as I said, they're within your budget on sale right now. If you want cheaper than that for a good vape, good luck man. Edit: to be clear I'm referring to the V2, which, to my understanding, is the Splinter Z only mass-produced in China instead of being hand-made in the US. $69 for the V2.
Gonna check out some reviews on it...the v1 and v2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Don't know it really counts as vaping but I got this off fasttech for cheap. It is for dry herb or wax product depending on which coil you get or use. Works with a standard vape mod.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/8002500

8002500-1-thumb.jpg

Dry herb coils
https://www.fasttech.com/products/5729501

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana

Starquake

Jul 28, 2011
UK
Those Mr Bald or Mr Blad things are OK for concentrates but not really for the herb in my opinion.

I agree re. the Splinters being a bargain at this weeks prices if you're in the US (the Zed is the big brother to the Splinter, V1s have mica inside, V2s have ceramic inside, and only the customs are US made now)
The Modpod Stempod SI and the Dreamwood Glow are 2 rebuildable options within your price range worth a look too.

For a little more :) The Mistvape Imp, StemPod and Lamart TetraX are also worth a looksie.

Or if you like a bit of DiY, making your own with lab glass or something like a whip adapter isn't too difficult. I've been getting a bit carried away and been putting SS coils and glass balls in just about anything I can to make vapes recently lol

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I’ve decided to try my hand at vaping Cannabis and am interested in suggestions for something that can be used with a regular box mod. I promised myself no new hobbies in 2020 so it has to be something under $100 lol. Thanks!
i personally havent used regular box mod atomizers, i rather conduction / convection herbal vaporizers, devices made just for that, i use /own 3 boundless tech devices, really like its performance and also the weed savings you get from them, for example the given performance per load, vaping session and final high, you can also get decent units under $100 tag

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread