Diary of a Mad Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacecity Mike

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
Day One: Found ECF

Days 2-4: Waiting for the delivery of my eCig starter kit (V9Turbo) Bought 3 packs of analogs while waiting.

Days 5-6: Struggles. Many issues, such as vapor production, throat hit, and general anxiety. Lost a fully charged batt and cart -- found later under the couch. Bought a pack of analogs.

Day 7: Researched mods. Box mods. Dripping. juice boxes. Went to Kroger and read the ingredients of food colorings and flavorings. Went back to ECF and learned about PG versus VG. Bought another pack of analogs. Researched mixing recipes on ECF. Read 1000 posts and replies on ECF. Became confused.

Day 8: Bought a pack of analogs. Worked on my new painting today and vaped. When I craved the Smoke, I vaped. I sucked on the cart until the atty overheated and then I sucked on it some more. I tried and tried to make a big cloud like you see in the YouTube vids. When it didn't happen, I bought a pack of analogs and fogged out the entire house. Even as I write this I have a burning analog in one hand and my PV in the other.

How can I be typing this, with both hands full, you ask? I set the PV down.

I am evil. My wife wants me back, but I don't care. My kids want me to live forever, like they think they will. That won't happen either.

I want to stop smelling like burnt, corporate, tobacco products.

Wondering if that will happen.

Maybe I should get a Screwdriver or a Prodigy. Maybe a juice Box. Who knows? The only limit is my bank account, right? Why not spend, spend, spend and try 'em all?

I'll tell you why. At the end of the day I just want to sit back, look at my work, and smoke hardcore. It only costs me $7-$10 a day to do that. Not $119 for the mod that is gonna give me MAD VAPE and TH, and deliver the NIC.

Day 366: Would sure like to be there. July 28, 2011.

ME <=== Noob who can't stop buying the Annies (analogs)

cataine

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
VA
It's a struggle ... at first, for some

I wanted it so bad I was able to quit with an m401 ( I wouldn't recommend them now that I have seen what other products are on the market...but they worked because I wanted to be a non-smoker SO bad)

There is trial and error - I can tell you my magic sweet spot that has made me LOVE vaping...where I have no frustrations and am completely satisfied...but chances are, it's not the same for you (could be...)

I'll be honest - I don't know what a v9turbo is comparable to (I spent about 30 seconds trying and gave up .. sorry) I don't know what kind of juice you're vaping or what level nic you're using..don't know if you are after that "tobacco taste" or if you want to adventure into the wonderful world of crazy flavors vaping opens up....

If clouds of vapor is what you are after...higher voltage gives that to you (Higher than the standard e-cig..not sure what the turbo is) - at least 10-20% VG in the juice helps. PG is gonna give you throat hit and better flavor. Just because a vendor says it's "High Nic" doesn't mean it is...some people have to reach out for a much higher mg than the 18 that some vendors consider high...

My significant other had to go to 36mg to curb the "I gotta have a cigarette feeling" but it worked.

I know it's all overwhelming but this place is a GREAT resource - check the classifieds for used mods, check classifieds or Pay it Forward for cheaper or free juice...
don't give up - and don't beat yourself up if you have a transition time while you find the sweet spot of vaping for YOU. Not everyone picks up a PV and never looks back 'from day one' :)

Good luck on your journey!

Last edited:

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
Great post, we have all been there.

I, along with everyone else that will reply here, will suggest you run, don't walk, to cginot, mapvapes or wherever, and order an eGo, carto's and some good juice. You'll spend less than $100.00 and be set for quitting.

There is a learning curve, it's not as easy as lighting up a .... and putting another nail in your coffin, but the reward is worth it. I'm analog free for 3 months now, spent a ton of money and enjoyed every second.

GB

cataine

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
VA
Maybe my friends who quit "cold" have it right; "Don;t be a pu$$y, Mike. Just quit."

But, I can't. I need Nic.

and I agree - I couldn't quit the nic...and for now - I'm not worried about it

I will tell you - I have two kids (8 and 10) and when my youngest looked at me and told me "mommy, I'm so proud of you that you don't smoke" it sure did make any struggles I had in the beginning completely worth it...

that and I don't stink anymore :p

Spacecity Mike

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
Well, I think I need a mod. I want Mad Vape, TH, the ability to drip, and I want more flavor flaves...

That being said, I need the CLOUD. I mean, when I smoke (vape) I wanna see BIG FOG. I want to see SMOKE!!!!

I quit smoking illegal smoke a while back and I have to tell you, I want my one remaining vice to be enjoyable.

Won't do it in front of the young-uns, but I have to love it!

There are so many juices that I just want to mix my own and save $$$. I'm not a chemist but I have a Mech Eng. degree, so I am sure I can figure this out.

It's the Mods that drive me crazy. So many variables... Volts versus Amps versus AmpHours versus Watts applied to the atty....

Could someone just post a chart or a graph?

OK. Gonna go smoke/vape

Thanks, EVERYONE, for being so cool. Of all of the forums I have joined, this is, hands-down, the absolute coolest.

MF

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Here is a nice list of the different mods:

Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

Wow, I say go for a 6v mod, some good liquid with pg/vg mix (I use more vg than pg cause I like vapor more than TH). I think we have to be ready to quit, that from watching the 18 people I helped get started vaping. Sadly many of them never gave up the smokes but they admit they don't want to stop smoking. I was lucky cause I really wanted to quit, was ready to quit and I now love vaping with tasty flavors.

I hope you find what works for you, best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Automaton

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 23, 2010
    US
    Hello, Mike.

If you want to vape, you will have to let go of the sight of death coming from your lips when you exhale. You won't get that with vaping, even if you blow the largest cloud of vapor on earth. Even if you get a 6v mod that kicks your throat into submission until you've got your white flag in the air. Even if you vape 50mg straight.

You won't see death when you exhale.

And you have to let go of the poetry of that.

Instead, what you might see, if you look, is the mist of something more innocent and pure. You might feel death leave your lungs vacant as you continue to stare at that mist. You might see freedom.

There's something tragic and beautiful about capturing death on the mortal coil. I know that's been the hardest thing for me to give up. I know there's something meaningful about tugging against the chains of being a slave to something. I struggle with that too.

But you don't vape to see death.

You vape to see life.

Love,
    Cassie

msroulette

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 26, 2010
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I have to agree with higher voltage and a good PV/VG mix liquid. I am now making my own juice at 75%PG and 25%VG and it is wonderful! I have a spreadsheet made that shows every bit of info I could find on unflavored nic juice, the flavor concentrates and the different flavors and suppliers I could find. I also included empty bottle suppliers and pricing and carto suppliers (I can't get atties to satisfy my obsession, so I am strictly a carto user). Google docs won't let me share it, but I am happy to email it if you send me a pm with an email address. Lots of good info. I didn't include any of the mods in my spreadsheet, I bought my first mod quite a while back, and it is perfect for me :D

Poppa D

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2010
    Minnesota, USA
    Sounds familiar. I ordered a copper, I watched it on you tube. And then thought the 510 is the one for me so I ordered 2, ha, and waited. The 510 came first. I had the same reaction as you. Then the copper came in and that hit the spot. 6 volts of hot steamy vape like tooting a water pipe. 7-9 last smoke for me, still a beach tho. Now its finding the flavor that flips my cookie dough. To cool to pass the smoke shop. Waiting for some cartomizers, I discovered they work well even with 6 volts. If smoke is your trigger go for a bigger battery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread