Did China just end vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
So many sources are reporting that China just outlawed the export of all e juice and hardware citing that it was dangerous to their tobacco industry. WTH!

It is being reported by every major news outlet at this time.

I'm not panicking yet as I believe the larger companies will simply leave the country to continue doing business but it might create a bubble in the chain of items being available.

It's just shocking.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Here’s what we know so far.
Wang Xia, the Director of Field Operations for the CCB in Shenzhen, has seized 700,000 e-cigarette products, including e-liquid and hardware, between March 29th and 30th, without prior notice to any affected company in the sting operation.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Let's put a realistic view on this.

Yes, China owns the tobacco industry lock stock and barrel there. But the amount of money coming in from e-cigarette sales to the country is huge as well. They're not going to just up and shut down an entire industry like that.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Let's put a realistic view on this.

Yes, China owns the tobacco industry lock stock and barrel there. But the amount of money coming in from e-cigarette sales to the country is huge as well. They're not going to just up and shut down an entire industry like that.
    ....especially since their economy is not in great shape now.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
    Admin
    Verified Member
    OK. For clarity, it's straight up equine faeces. Had this come out when it was intended (tomorrow, I presume), we'd all know what was up.

It's pretty amazing how much effort's gone into putting this together with all the fake news links, so I'm thinking that there's a commercial reason for it too.

Slightly surprised Spinfuel fell for it (unless, of course, they did it?).

Smucky

Jan 30, 2015
    It's an april fool.

Here's the aricle -
    E-cig exports banned in China

Two things. I'll draw your attention to a certain paragraph:

“The safety and procurement of our industry and employees is always our top concern,” said Xinsha Tobacco Authority Chief Officer Long Dong, in a statement. “For obvious reasons, it is not safe to use e-cigs or other “Vape” related products. We’re equally concerned about the safety risk of using devices that pose fire hazards into the confined spaces inside buses, trains and cars.”

And secondly, the picture at the top of the article is of British police on a motorway last year after some guy's mod got mistaken for a device to be used in a terrorist plot

A guy on a Facebook group I'm in has an online store and obviously gets imports from China. After seeing this article, he gave his contact a call. The Chinese guy's exact words were 'It's the first I've heard of it.'

Hope this helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread