• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Did Everyone Smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Just doing our job!:laugh:

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Mighty Name of Jesus humbly asking for a hedge of warrior angels around Kelly's home. It sounds like she is surrounded, but those entities are surrounded by You. Keep her instinct sharp, but let her know that You are there to protect her from all harm. She is Your child, Lord and You always take care of Your children. Calm those fears and be close. She will be fine, Lord as we all trust in Your Mighty Name. For it's in the Name of Jesus I pray, Amein.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Just doing our job!:laugh:

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Mighty Name of Jesus humbly asking for a hedge of warrior angels around Kelly's home. It sounds like she is surrounded, but those entities are surrounded by You. Keep her instinct sharp, but let her know that You are there to protect her from all harm. She is Your child, Lord and You always take care of Your children. Calm those fears and be close. She will be fine, Lord as we all trust in Your Mighty Name. For it's in the Name of Jesus I pray, Amein.

Yes Heavenly Father! I pray in agreement for your precious Servant Kelly, whose Heart is heavy for you and with you... Bless her Father, protect her & keep her surrounded in your perfect sovereign protection, perfect grace and touch her with your healing spirit and we will give you honor, praise and glory forever Father as thou art so worthy! In Jesus' precious name we pray. Amen & Amen!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Wow SC and E,
those were beautiful prayer and I thank you so much for them! You both are wonderful new friends and sisters in Christ. Along with Lisa and everyone else here on this forum. I am so grateful for having been brought here to join with all of you!

May God Bless and keep all of you, always.
Kelly
In God We Trust

We love you Sister Kelly!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Just wait until you get my bill!!!!:laugh:

You know Kelly, I've never been one for praying out loud, or through my fingers, but ever since I came here, I've felt the need to pray for needs, protection, love, and closeness for those who need prayer. I could be in mid sentence and break out in prayer. This is so not like me, but folks are hurting and it's up to the body of Christ to elevate and help those who are mourning, in pain, losing a job or other garbage that goes on in the world today. One of my favorite Scriptures is:

'Ye have not because ye ask not!' If it's important to you, it's important to God. Hallelujah to the King, the Lamb that was brutally slain for the sins of mankind. I bow to Your Greatness O Lord, O Holy One. Thank You for keeping me humble. In Jesus' Name, AMEIN! <------sort of like that!

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Kelly your 650mAh battery is concidered a mod (modification from the standard 180-280 batteries). I started with the V4L Kr808 and 4 batteries.

I soon bought a few kr808 to 510 adapters and got some standard attys so I can drip. I just recently got a (BB) Big Brother from Ken's box mods that is a variable votage (from 2.8 to 6.5 volts) with a 510 connector. I use the high drain batteries that allow a higher voltage vape without prematurely ruining batteries. If that is all I am using then I have to replace batteries once halfway through the day. (I got 2 sets of batts and they are dirt cheap)

The KR8 got me off of analogs from day one, and I was only hoping to cut back from my 1.5 pad habit. But I am loving my BB. The only mod I can see upgrading to is one that uses the 18650 batts in the same type of unit I have in the BB. The voltage selection will be the same but 3000mAh is better than 900mAh.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I don't know about ya'll, but I knew smoking was the only sin between God and myself that I never took care of. I felt bad about it, but not bad enough to quit. I never asked for forgiveness since I didn't intend to quit. What about everyone else here? How did you feel about it being between God and you? As our evangelist once said, "Smoking won't send you to hell, but you'll smell like you've been there." I wasn't a very good example to young people and God knows how badly my son rode me about quitting. And we all know what rebellious ninnies we can be when you're getting nagged. Even though I'm still on nicotine, I cut out the bad and offensive stuff. I was able to ask God for His forgiveness. That felt so good, ya'll. I was so out of control after Mom died of lung cancer. I was tied to cigarettes tighter than a wound up rubber band. I remember at one point in May when I told God that I knew I was out of control and I needed help. I had never done that before. Then some weeks later I saw a commercial for a free e-cig. I was amazed, so I asked my husband if he'd research it for me online since he's a master at that. I was expecting to get something in the mail. Nothing came. So 2 weeks later, I asked him about it. He honestly didn't think I was serious. He said he'd do it. Again, two weeks went by and nothing. So I approached him again and told him I'd do it. He was shocked. He did the research and I finally placed an order around the 20th of July. I was excited about it.

We read all the instructions and lit up, so to speak. I was completely off cigarettes within 2 days. It wasn't a complete walk in the park since then as I had residual movements that I didn't even know I had like reaching for my cigarettes and there were days I missed it terribly. I have not smoked 3,753 cigarettes. No one is more shocked than me. Thank You, My Savior and King, as it was only by Your Hand that I've come this far with encouragement from my husband and this wonderful board. AMEIN.

What is everybody's story. SG, since you're a pastor, I'm very interested in how you came to being here. And, all of you wonderful people too! I remember when I was still able to go to church and I'd sneak those few puffs in in between Wednesday night supper and Prayer Meeting. We'd go to Mom's car. I bet when we opened the doors that we looked like a Cheech and Chong movie, with smoke pouring out. Definitely not one of my brightest moments.:blush:

I know this is an older thread, but I just had to post a response! I've been struggling to give up analogs completely as well. After reading about everyone's struggles, I've realized I'm not the only one!!!! I've smoked for 32 years. I was a pack a day smoker until I started driving a semi with my husband. Within the first year of driving I was up to 2 packs a day. I drove 12 years with him before I had to quit in 2004 because of arthritis in my spine. After I quit driving, I caught myself smoking nearly 3 packs a day at times! I managed to get it back down to 2 packs, and stayed there until I discovered e-cigs earlier this year. I'm down to about 1/2 pack a day now, and have been for the last few months.
I've gone analog free for several days a number of times, but I'm getting frustrated at the lack of consistency with the e-cigs. I haven't found my "sweet spot" yet. I've realized my e-cigs are only as good as the atty/carto. I haven't found the right combination yet, but I'm still working on it! :)

I started with a Joye 510, then quickly went to the eGo. I have 3 of them: the standard 650 mAh, the XL 900 mAh, and the Mega XL 1100 mAh. (If you get them from Janty, or Cignot, you don't have to worry about the TW logo!!) I've tried the PTB mod, drip tips, Mega cartos, and LR attys. I recently ordered the High Performance/Low Resistance cartos, and the new ceramic E2 cartos. They are OK, but I have to fill them too often. I'm seriously considering an HV mod, but again, it is only as good as the atty/carto.
Maybe this is as good as it gets for me. But I truly hope for the day when we all can give up analogs for good!! AMEN!!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I started with a Joye 510, then quickly went to the eGo. I have 3 of them: the standard 650 mAh, the XL 900 mAh, and the Mega XL 1100 mAh. (If you get them from Janty, or Cignot, you don't have to worry about the TW logo!!) I've tried the PTB mod, drip tips, Mega cartos, and LR attys. I recently ordered the High Performance/Low Resistance cartos, and the new ceramic E2 cartos. They are OK, but I have to fill them too often. I'm seriously considering an HV mod, but again, it is only as good as the atty/carto.
Maybe this is as good as it gets for me. But I truly hope for the day when we all can give up analogs for good!! AMEN!

Wow T! Good for you baby girl! You've come a long way and I can't help but applaud your courage and the fact you haven't given up in spite of all the eCig obstacles! :thumbs:

I feel the same way sometimes..... 'Maybe this is as good as it gets'. I'll never smoke analogs again but I anxiously await the day when eCigs are so good quitting analogs for ALL becomes a reality!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I haven't smoked a cigarette since last July. When I finally moved to e-cigs only after 2 days, I haven't picked them back up again....ALL Praise Honor and Glory to Jesus! I have not consumed 6,761 analogs since. Was it easy? At times. Was it difficult? At times. Was it down right hard? At times. I've read some testimonies on the New Member Forum that said...."Oh, I got my kit and never looked back!" Not me. :( I had to keep re-committing myself to it over and over. I'd see someone smoking on tv and feel myself longing for the "good ol' days." There were many times I kept reaching for a pack that was no longer there......or get upset and reach for the pack that was no longer there. I missed my 'friend.' FRIEND???? This 'friend' was going to kill me! It's not that I could shoot it, or stab it.......then back to the e-cig. I finally got the combo right and that has helped. I knew that this was my only chance.....that if I didn't make it, I would follow in my mom's footsteps. The non-smoke smell in the house is really nice and I no longer smell like a cigarette. I can pick up that smell, now, and it doesn't smell very good. Unfortunately, my nic level is higher than I would really like it to be. But, that's my next step.:)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I haven't smoked a cigarette since last July. When I finally moved to e-cigs only after 2 days, I haven't picked them back up again....ALL Praise Honor and Glory to Jesus! I have not consumed 6,761 analogs since. Was it easy? At times. Was it difficult? At times. Was it down right hard? At times. I've read some testimonies on the New Member Forum that said...."Oh, I got my kit and never looked back!" Not me. :( I had to keep re-committing myself to it over and over. I'd see someone smoking on tv and feel myself longing for the "good ol' days." There were many times I kept reaching for a pack that was no longer there......or get upset and reach for the pack that was no longer there. I missed my 'friend.' FRIEND???? This 'friend' was going to kill me! It's not that I could shoot it, or stab it.......then back to the e-cig. I finally got the combo right and that has helped. I knew that this was my only chance.....that if I didn't make it, I would follow in my mom's footsteps. The non-smoke smell in the house is really nice and I no longer smell like a cigarette. I can pick up that smell, now, and it doesn't smell very good. Unfortunately, my nic level is higher than I would really like it to be. But, that's my next step.:)

Congratulations L on being one of the 'lucky' ones.... :thumbs:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Congratulations L on being one of the 'lucky' ones.... :thumbs:

My dear Sis/Cuz.....you didn't watch your mom die of lung cancer, last year, and I pray you never do. Luck didn't have anything to do with it, because that really did have an effect on me.....after I smoked myself crazy for 9 months after. I can remember saying, "Well, if this doesn't make you want to quit, nothing will." Be careful what you ask for because it'll sneak up on you if you didn't really mean it!:laugh: THANK YOU FOR THE KUDOS!!!!!

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Wow T! Good for you baby girl! You've come a long way and I can't help but applaud your courage and the fact you haven't given up in spite of all the eCig obstacles! :thumbs:

I feel the same way sometimes..... 'Maybe this is as good as it gets'. I'll never smoke analogs again but I anxiously await the day when eCigs are so good quitting analogs for ALL becomes a reality!

Thank you, Eve, for the encouragement!! I'm so thankful I found e-cigs! I used to say I wish there was a 12 step program called Smokers Anonymous!! Lol! I would have fit right in!!

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA

L, how familiar that sounds!! I've had to graduallly "unlearn" all my triggers that made me want to light up. By the Grace of God, I'm making progress!! I also read the stories in the Newbies forum, and I would get discouraged by not being able to just "never look back" !!

Both of my parents were smokers, and most of my family are as well. I grew up with it. But my Mom was a great inspiration to me. She had smoked for 40 years when the Lord took away her desire to smoke. She laid her cigs down, and never smoked again.

For me, I've had to take small steps in faith. I am so thankful my Heavenly Father is there to meet me at my faith!! I'm trusting in Him, and He is taking away my desire for cigarettes!! One step at a time!! Praise God!!!

Scott Tenorman

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Hi everyone, I thought I would share my story here. Be prepared for a long post :)

I started smoking when I was about 21 years old when I was going to college. It was a college town and the thing to do was sit on the porch and smoke cigars and one night I joined in. Only problem was that I inhaled the cigar and even though I was so buzzed I was sick, I still enjoyed it. So I kept doing the cigar thing and after a while it just became more convenient to smoke a cigarette instead of starting a cigar and then putting it out. It didn't take long after that before I was a full fledged smoker. I smoked for about 7 years after that, maxing out at 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day. My brother and I were both smokers and we had heard about ecigs so we bought some smokingeverywhere crap ecigs from a kiosk.

It didn't take long after that to find the forums and graduate to 901's, and eventually 510's for me, first stock, then mega, then mods. The smokingeverywhere ecigs didn't do anything for us, but I cut way back after I got the 901. After I found the 510 I was finally able to completely quit analogs and just do the ecig. It was quite a process though, I had to find the right juice and atty combo that gave me enough throat hit so I didn't want to smoke. After that I starting building mods to get an even stronger hit and haven't looked back. My brother not only quit analog cigs (after more than 10 years of smoking) but he quit the ecig as well after he weaned himself down to 0 nicotine. My dad also smoked for more than 35 years and he is cigarette free as well and using 11mg juice. That is a huge PTL for me because I really believe that the ecig will add years to his life, and if nothing else, give him a healthier life.

In reply to the OP, I can't see how smoking at all would be a sin except that it is damaging to our bodies, but so is overeating, drinking caffeine, eating preservatives, not keeping in good shape and so on and so forth. Certainly smoking isn't a hindrance to our relationships with God, unless God has specifically told you not to smoke. My point is that as believers, all of our sins are already forgiven. God's actions toward us aren't based on us, they're based on the fact that our old man has been replaced with the person of Jesus Christ and everything we have is based on that fact. Why in the world would we feel guilty for sins that have already been forgiven? As another poster said, as long as smoking/vaping doesn't become a god to you, then there isn't a problem.

I know some of you have had a hard time quitting, and Angelique is right, no one can make you quit unless you are ready or want to quit. That is true, but if anyone needs extra help or thinks they might benefit from the use of a mod of some sort, please let me know. I'm not trying to sell anything, I would be happy to donate what I can to help someone else quit cigarettes. I needed a ton of throat hit and vapor to help me quit and high voltage or even normal box mods can be a huge help with that. One small point for you ego/tornado users. Those devices only charge up to about 3.6 volts, whereas a mod battery generally charges to 4.2 volts, which is a massive difference when it comes to vapor and throat hit. Again, I am NOT trying to sell anyone anything, I would be happy to help in any way I can. Also, I have been vaping for about a year and a half and have learned a ton in the process so if anyone has any questions, please let me know and I will be glad to help.

Happy New Years everyone, have a safe and fun evening :)

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
L, how familiar that sounds!! I've had to graduallly "unlearn" all my triggers that made me want to light up. By the Grace of God, I'm making progress!! I also read the stories in the Newbies forum, and I would get discouraged by not being able to just "never look back" !!

Both of my parents were smokers, and most of my family are as well. I grew up with it. But my Mom was a great inspiration to me. She had smoked for 40 years when the Lord took away her desire to smoke. She laid her cigs down, and never smoked again.

For me, I've had to take small steps in faith. I am so thankful my Heavenly Father is there to meet me at my faith!! I'm trusting in Him, and He is taking away my desire for cigarettes!! One step at a time!! Praise God!!!

The triggers were kinda hard. Sometimes they are still difficult, but I don't dwell on it as much as I used to. My husband has been a help. He quit cold turkey.....hence my signature line. I couldn't have done it had it not been for a contraption like the e-cig. It's as simple as that.

Lady T, there is nothing wrong with small steps!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!! Every journey starts with small steps! And, to everyone else, ya'll are right where you are supposed to be! I look back now and cringe over the heavy smoke from a regular one. My lungs can't handle it. I was coughing myself to death. Now I only cough from sinus drainage, which is bad enough. Fibro and coughing don't go together. :(

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've observed that one of the biggest problems with changing a habit, whether it be smoking or some other addictive behavior, is whether or not we believe we can. I think eCigs have given thousands of people the little boost they needed to give them the hope and belief. "I can do this!". I've seen some of our women in recovery approach eCigs with different positions of belief. And the ones who give up analogs completly are the one's who believe they can. One of our ladies switched to eCigs for about 10 days... embraced the hope so strongly, that she quit eCigs too. It's been about a year and she's still off them all.

The other thing we've observed is the fear of the "pain". The "pain" being any anxiety or discomfort or withdrawl that one feels as a result. When a person who is addicted, fears that they can't handle or face the "pain" of quitting.. whatever that means to them... then they rarely succeed. Sometimes they quit for a few days... begin to believe and are able to keep going. Most addicts have conditioned themselves to be afraid of the pain.... eventually the anxiety grows to the point of being afraid of the fear of the pain. The enemy builds on our lives the same way God does... line upon line precept upon precept. Only with the enemy, it's lie upon lie.

Part of that fear is the belief of what "failure" means about them. I hear that in a lot of discussions. Failure means I'm bad or less-than others. I'm afraid to feel bad. I don't want to feel less-than. I can't face that.

Guilt should not be a part of it all. Self judgement is something we should learn to lay down. God does not judge us negatively. What is the benefit of us judging ourselves. What good is guilt. It only serves as a tool of motivation to do something...sometimes it works... but it is very costly. When we use guilt and don't succeed this time, then our only conclusion can be we didn't use enough guilt or we would have succeeded. So we heap more upon ourselves.

Let's all break that cycle of self-judgment and guilt this year.
I pray that 2011 is a fearless year and a guiltless year for us all. Imagine how great that could be.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
The triggers were kinda hard. Sometimes they are still difficult, but I don't dwell on it as much as I used to. My husband has been a help. He quit cold turkey.....hence my signature line. I couldn't have done it had it not been for a contraption like the e-cig. It's as simple as that.

Lady T, there is nothing wrong with small steps!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!! Every journey starts with small steps! And, to everyone else, ya'll are right where you are supposed to be! I look back now and cringe over the heavy smoke from a regular one. My lungs can't handle it. I was coughing myself to death. Now I only cough from sinus drainage, which is bad enough. Fibro and coughing don't go together. :(

L, thank you for the encouragement! I've found my "smoker's cough" has almost disappeared completely! I don't wake myself up at night wheezing, and coughing anymore!! Praise God!! You're right: Fibro and coughing don't go together at all!! What a Glorious day it will be when we have our glorified bodies!! AMEN!!

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I've observed that one of the biggest problems with changing a habit, whether it be smoking or some other addictive behavior, is whether or not we believe we can. I think eCigs have given thousands of people the little boost they needed to give them the hope and belief. "I can do this!". I've seen some of our women in recovery approach eCigs with different positions of belief. And the ones who give up analogs completly are the one's who believe they can. One of our ladies switched to eCigs for about 10 days... embraced the hope so strongly, that she quit eCigs too. It's been about a year and she's still off them all.

The other thing we've observed is the fear of the "pain". The "pain" being any anxiety or discomfort or withdrawl that one feels as a result. When a person who is addicted, fears that they can't handle or face the "pain" of quitting.. whatever that means to them... then they rarely succeed. Sometimes they quit for a few days... begin to believe and are able to keep going. Most addicts have conditioned themselves to be afraid of the pain.... eventually the anxiety grows to the point of being afraid of the fear of the pain. The enemy builds on our lives the same way God does... line upon line precept upon precept. Only with the enemy, it's lie upon lie.
Part of that fear is the belief of what "failure" means about them. I hear that in a lot of discussions. Failure means I'm bad or less-than others. I'm afraid to feel bad. I don't want to feel less-than. I can't face that.

Guilt should not be a part of it all. Self judgement is something we should learn to lay down. God does not judge us negatively. What is the benefit of us judging ourselves. What good is guilt. It only serves as a tool of motivation to do something...sometimes it works... but it is very costly. When we use guilt and don't succeed this time, then our only conclusion can be we didn't use enough guilt or we would have succeeded. So we heap more upon ourselves.

Let's all break that cycle of self-judgment and guilt this year.
I pray that 2011 is a fearless year and a guiltless year for us all. Imagine how great that could be.

For many years I believed that lie that I couldn't quit. I had given up after trying everything on the market without success. I thank God I discovered e-cigs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread