DID Genesis Atomisers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
That looks good Vaslovik, but i think at the cost of it, it would not be good to purchase that right now. Eileen is already giving me a hard time for spending so much on this, that she would have a fit if i spent another $180 on that so quickly after the DID. Her who must be obeyed has spoken!!:oops:

Well, I don't want to encourage domestic discord and I do understand budgetary constraints as I'm seeing them myself here. It might be that you can find one cheaper looking around online. I got my last Poldiac for $40, so they are out there, you just have to dig.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
got excited I thought vapor authority still has some poldiac...no luck it's out of stock....my DID is on the way and needs a proper mod

Awwww! I'm so sorry to hear that. I hear ya, I only use my DID's on Poldiacs, but then Poldiacs are the only mods I use. You might want to message jhhollier on here, I think he has one for sale, an Aname Sleek.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Thanks for the tip, talking to jhholier now. What's the difference between the poldiac and the aname?

There is no difference. The Aname Sleek is one of the Poldiac models. There are many of them. Rest assured that the Aname is a Poldiac. You only need be concerned that it's an authentic Poldiac and not a clone. Verify that before purchase. Aname Sleek front right. Other models are Uma Classic, Freddy Classic, Miriam WTH, and Hoey Sleek.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taff Evans

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
ty for the pic, you're very helpful, hopefully the seller accepts my offer...I picked another tip from your pic, the beadalon spool tamer

Yeah, I love those! You get a whole bag full of them, more than you will need, but hey, they are cheap and very nice to have. You don't get your kanthal going *SPROING!* all over the place.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
@yosikadiri, the serial number on the Sleeks is on the switch body opposite the button. You can turn the shirt on it around to see this. An authentic Poldiac will have this and you can verify it with MMV. Also, on the clones the pole screws are not reverse threaded as they are on the authentic, nor can you do sub-ohm with the clone.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Just finished a new build on my DID. The second attempt..the first wasn't too good.

Built a 2.5 mm wick from 500 mesh, 37 mm X 65mm as i wanted to try that out...the coil is a 0.66 build, and apart from a nasty dry hit early on, even after wetting the wick...tried it too quickly, didn't let the wick do its job.

I watches several videos on these rta's and they said to fill the wick hope completely, but Vaslovik said she uses a 2.5mm wick so there is a little space round it...and that made sense to me, as i never usually completely fill the wick hole when i use mesh. Built the coil at 2.5mm and inserted the wick. Not even a trace of dry hit now.

Certainly lets the air flow a whole lot better, and is running superbly now at 26.7 watts or 4.2 volts. This coil is absolutely stable as well, whereas the first try the ohms was wandering a little and not working too great! Working excellently on my Calvert 18350 mod also!

And another first! Mixed my first batch of juice 2 weeks or so ago, and using that. Very nice nutty tobacco flavor, at 70/30 and 6mg. not too strong and very happy with it. I think a tobacco flavor juice suits the DID. May make the next batch around the 60/40 ratio though, may help with wicking a tad.

Thanks Vaslovik for the tips, would have been a lot harder without your help. A happy old feller here now!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaslovik

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just finished a new build on my DID. The second attempt..the first wasn't too good.

Built a 2.5 mm wick from 500 mesh, 37 mm X 65mm as i wanted to try that out...the coil is a 0.66 build, and apart from a nasty dry hit early on, even after wetting the wick...tried it too quickly, didn't let the wick do its job.

I watches several videos on these rta's and they said to fill the wick hope completely, but Vaslovik said she uses a 2.5mm wick so there is a little space round it...and that made sense to me, as i never usually completely fill the wick hole when i use mesh. Built the coil at 2.5mm and inserted the wick. Not even a trace of dry hit now.

Certainly lets the air flow a whole lot better, and is running superbly now at 26.7 watts or 4.2 volts. This coil is absolutely stable as well, whereas the first try the ohms was wandering a little and not working too great! Working excellently on my 18350 mod also!

And another first! Mixed my first batch of juice 2 weeks or so ago, and using that. Very nice nutty tobacco flavor, at 70/30 and 6mg. not too strong and very happy with it. I think a tobacco flavor juice suits the DID. May make the next batch around the 60/40 ratio though, may help with wicking a tad.

Thanks Vaslovik for the tips, would have been a lot harder without your help. A happy old feller here now!

Cheers!

Alright Taff! Way to go! I just knew you would get it going right! And you are doing DIY too! I'm very happy for you and so glad to have been of help :)

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Been using the new DID today on my SMPL 18650 mod, even getting used to the tighter draw, and actually quite like it. Don't think I will open it up now.

x4YO7Z2.jpg

The DID is running superbly, until I got a real dry hit, and when i looked at it, I found the reason for the dry hit... the tank was empty!

It run like a champ until I vaped it dry...This 500 mesh works great! And no tilting all the time, its wicking really well.

Cant wait for the glass tanks to get here from the States so i can keep an eye on my juice, as i am still finding out how long the tankful lasts me on this. Not keen on metal tanks.

Mesh dry hits are not as tasty as my home brewed tobacco juice:censored:

Last edited:
Reactions: Innova

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I agree Vaslovik, It seems very modern, and reportedly is a bit of a cloud machine..Was just interested is seeing how people thought of it.

Thanks. Wont bother with that one then...:)

Well don't let my preferences dissuade you, it might be a great atty for some, it's just not my own cup of tea. You might really like it. If MMV makes it there's got to be something good about it. Bear in mind I'm one of the biggest genny freaks you will ever come across, and certainly the biggest DID freak. That doesn't mean other atty's aren't good hardware. I'm sure it would be a fine addition to your collection.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
I wasnt sure when i saw it on there to be honest, and that's why i asked here. It does look a bit fiddly and loads of parts in it.. no doubt its a good tank, but I have enough modern-ish tanks now,what with the Ubertoot, and Erlk and a few older ones like the Aspire etc. so am just going to swap my clone gennys, like the V2Mkii for authentic tanks while i still can, and just load up on spares for them.
Spent enough the last few months, so won't harm not to buy extra tanks for a while! Well that's the plan anyway!:rolleyes:
Unless of course i find something that's too good to pass by!:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread