here comes the chinese genesis invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... but really, which is better for the vaping community? A great device made basically out of unobtainium for a handful of lucky people who may/may not have paid through the nose for it, or a less shiny device that would help a great number more of people to just nudge them, pique their interest, give them a little "aw hell, it's 20 dollars, i'll try it anyway" push towards a better vape.

- Aoi

"Unobtainium" ... I love it! I'm going to steal it at use it to make a lower-quality sentence :)

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Actually, my dad (a WW2 vet) once told me that Japan renamed one of their industrial towns Usa because nobody would buy Japanese products. At least that's what Dad said.....

Lol! Gee! Usa, a Japanese world, (pronounced completely differently to the abbreviation used for the United States) has been there since the 8th century and the Usa Shintu shrine was built somewhere around that time. America was still a wild wilderness with free native Indians etc.......
Wasn't America formed (or conquered or whatever)... more than 1100 years LATER?

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
Lol! Gee! Usa, a Japanese world, (pronounced completely differently to the abbreviation used for the United States) has been there since the 8th century and the Usa Shintu shrine was built somewhere around that time. America was still a wild wilderness with free native Indians etc.......

that doesn't mean they don't intentionally manufacture there to put made in usa on it

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Wow! That's very interesting .. maybe my Dad heard a bad rumor or something ????

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Wow! That's very interesting .. maybe my Dad heard a bad rumor or something ????

Well since you were such a gentleman... :p.... OK, the Japanese did export goods using the made in Usa label after the war to try to circumvent the strict exporting sanctions against Japan and Japanese manufactured goods. And yes that rumor was common at that time about Japan actually naming a city for that purpose. So what your dad heard at the time was a common myth, believed by many Americans.
However, what I said earlier is true. Usa is a VERY, very old city.

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az
Yep, and two years from now, folks will be arguing about whether the original maker of the Chobra was Saliebo, Happy, or Riva or whomever. The v3's will be on clearance to make way for the V4's and some old schoolers will be showing off pics of their outdated $150 originals (Which will still be working, but who cares? In two years none of this stuff will still be relevant). This is all changing SO fast. If inventors of new mods were smart, they'd make 10,000 of them before introducing them, then capture all the sales they can before their ideas get knocked off. Show me an 8 week wait list, and I'll show you a cargo ship that'll be here in 4.
Truer words were never spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread