• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

did genesis clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlacie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
-
For the price, you can't go wrong with the DUD or Griffin (Chinese Mini DID Clone). You can use it to try out Genesis style atties. Experiment and practice on SS mesh wicks before investing on more expensive Genesis mods. If you can't build a good SS mesh wick and coil on the clone, I would sincerely doubt that spending more money can compensate for you.

Last edited:

markmarkmrk

Jul 26, 2012
Muntinlupa
For the price, you can't go wrong with the DUD or Griffin (Chinese Mini DID Clone). You can use it to try out Genesis style atties. Experiment and practice on SS mesh wicks before investing on more expensive Genesis mods. If you can't build a good SS mesh wick and coil on the clone, I would sincerely doubt that spending more money can compensate for you.

Agreed. In my own opinion, it basically works the same. Both the knock-off and the original DID. The ONLY difference is the materials used. Yeah, I think those are the only difference with the two.

muffluvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I had a bunch of Clones, seven to be exact. Used them to test the perfect coil-wick combo for me. Aside from the materials used (specifically on the CHIDS) and the build-quality, I find no difference compared to the expensive Genesis RBAs I currently or used to own (ZAP, Cobra and Steam Machine Gini). It's all up to how meticulously you prep the RBA before using it. How you prepared the wick, wrapped the coil, took care of the hot spots and manage the juice flow on the wick.

What i did saw was the clone's central posts are fidgety this is where you have to be careful but I had the same experience with the Gini and read people had the same problems with expensive RBAs with the same center pole/post config.

So it's just a matter of being persistent and I believe once you mastered it and saved enough cash then you can graduate to the expensive ones.

To answer your other question about better clones look for AGA, AGA-T and CHOBRA. Bigger Tanks, better build quality and materials.

Good Luck on your quest kababayan.

Last edited:

muffluvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread