The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

did genesis clone

Discussion in 'Philippines Forum' started by eemyaj96, Nov 11, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. eemyaj96

eemyaj96 Full Member

Nov 3, 2012
    here
    may pinagkaiba ba yng clone n galing china sa original sa quality at appearance?mgsisi ba ko kpag bmili k ng clone lng at may mas maganda b n atomizer kesa d2

2. Shofixti

Shofixti Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Pearl of the Orient
    I have a clone that I can't seem to make work. I'd go with the original.

3. trademark

trademark Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2011
    Hippie van
    avoid textspeak please and this forum should be in english

4. johnlacie

johnlacie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2011
    -
    For the price, you can't go wrong with the DUD or Griffin (Chinese Mini DID Clone). You can use it to try out Genesis style atties. Experiment and practice on SS mesh wicks before investing on more expensive Genesis mods. If you can't build a good SS mesh wick and coil on the clone, I would sincerely doubt that spending more money can compensate for you.

5. markmarkmrk

markmarkmrk Full Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Muntinlupa
    Agreed. In my own opinion, it basically works the same. Both the knock-off and the original DID. The ONLY difference is the materials used. Yeah, I think those are the only difference with the two.

6. Jourelem

Jourelem Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    mira loma, CA.
    The clone is just fine. Getting the original did won't make you roll mesh and coil any better. Get the clone first and see if its a rebuildable that suits you, if you like it then get the more high end genesis Attys if you want.

7. muffluvin

muffluvin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I had a bunch of Clones, seven to be exact. Used them to test the perfect coil-wick combo for me. Aside from the materials used (specifically on the CHIDS) and the build-quality, I find no difference compared to the expensive Genesis RBAs I currently or used to own (ZAP, Cobra and Steam Machine Gini). It's all up to how meticulously you prep the RBA before using it. How you prepared the wick, wrapped the coil, took care of the hot spots and manage the juice flow on the wick.

What i did saw was the clone's central posts are fidgety this is where you have to be careful but I had the same experience with the Gini and read people had the same problems with expensive RBAs with the same center pole/post config.

So it's just a matter of being persistent and I believe once you mastered it and saved enough cash then you can graduate to the expensive ones.

To answer your other question about better clones look for AGA, AGA-T and CHOBRA. Bigger Tanks, better build quality and materials.

Good Luck on your quest kababayan.

8. Njt07

Njt07 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2011
    Ft Hood TX
    You understood that? Seriously is that english?

9. Shofixti

Sep 25, 2012
    Pearl of the Orient
    I'm having trouble with the wicking of the did clone. I have to tip it just to keep the mesh wet. Any suggestions?

10. muffluvin

muffluvin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    you do need try to tip to keep it wet with Genie ATTY in fact I vape with the PV at an angle to keep it wet. have you seen this - Z-ATTY-PRO Rebuildable Atomizers For ProVari - YouTube

11. Shofixti

Sep 25, 2012
    Pearl of the Orient
    Finally got my did to work to my satisfaction. Removed one screw for the juice and vaped it horizontally. Thanks for the tips.

Really gets the flavor out of fruit eliquids.

12. meloyo

meloyo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Philippines
    I got one of these on a whim -- a mini Did clone -- only to realize that the set up was complicated. Now that I have it though, I'd like to give it a try. The first thing I have to do is get a small torch.

13. Shofixti

Sep 25, 2012
    Pearl of the Orient
  14. meloyo

meloyo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Philippines
    haha I don't use a gas stove. I have one of those magnetic cookers. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.