did i just blowout my batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
ok so just built a new coil on head(have been doing this for a while) checked it on an ohms meter, said it was good. put it on my battery and got one blink. I new it was about time to recharge, so put on fresh battery and again got one blink...now neither battery works. did I just blowout 2 fairly new batteries? :(

t3 head, ego batteries

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
With the joye ego sometimes I've had the case where (usually three blinks on short protection) you can do the 5 click trick on/off and all is well OR put it back on the charger for a minute - however, I wouldn't use that particular coil again IF it's knocking the batts out. Use another regular atty/clearo to check. Maybe there's a wire out of place on the rebuild that is short circuiting... And if no go, since you just got the batts, contact vendor for a return soon.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
With the joye ego sometimes I've had the case where (usually three blinks on short protection) you can do the 5 click trick on/off and all is well OR put it back on the charger for a minute - however, I wouldn't use that particular coil again IF it's knocking the batts out. Use another regular atty/clearo to check. Maybe there's a wire out of place on the rebuild that is short circuiting... And if no go, since you just got the batts, contact vendor for a return soon.

I have the one that I knew was almost out of charge on charger, the other one wont do anything(nothing happens when pushing button, even the 5 click trick) and yes ripped the coil out and tossed it. they are over the 30 days vendor return.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have the one that I knew was almost out of charge on charger, the other one wont do anything(nothing happens when pushing button, even the 5 click trick) and yes ripped the coil out and tossed it. they are over the 30 days vendor return.

If they're Joyetech - they offer a 6 month warranty but you'll have to pay shipping to china - usually the vendor has the info for doing that but you may want to contact joyetech directly. Do the 5 click as rapidly as possible just to check again... or if you have a multimeter you could check that way as well.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Yet another reason for BYOB. ("buy your own batteries" get a mod and ditch the sealed/fixed battery type devices). They've become so cheap it's a no-brainer.

what is a good inexpensive mod? what do I need to get with it? anything ego sized? ive been using only egos since I started vapeing a year and a half ago and have really liked them

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    what is a good inexpensive mod? what do I need to get with it? anything ego sized? ive been using only egos since I started vapeing a year and a half ago and have really liked them

If you really like the egos, like I do, maybe try the Joye Upgrade series. They have a resettable short circuit protection that might've worked well in this case.

They are also switchable between 3.4 and 3.7 volts to vape cooler or hotter when wanted.

Also remember not to overtighten your clearos- even a good one will make the battery short out if tightened down too hard.

I use Passthroughs and get them at Cignot .com.

Egos work very, very well if you get good quality ones and treat them well.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Groovy. Like happy endings! Great job dwallen!.

Personally, I didn't know the non-Joye egos were capable of doing that.

Still, you have an ongoing problem yet with your clearo.?

they are real joyetech and tossed the coil, still don't get what happened, ive rebuild over 50 coils and never had problem. but doing the happy dance thanks to dwallen

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I tried it and they work, so far so good! thx so much :toast: :headbang: :rickroll:

Just a quick note. Like I said earlier, doing the 5 click on/off can work or just putting them back on the charger for a minute or so... but it is likely that you've blown the short protection on that battery. It will work until there's another short. The charge protection if blown kills the battery. The short protection will 'wound' the battery one time then kill it a second time. At least that has been my experience with two eGo's now that were shorted out by vision stardusts......

ingerri

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Just a quick note. Like I said earlier, doing the 5 click on/off can work or just putting them back on the charger for a minute or so... but it is likely that you've blown the short protection on that battery. It will work until there's another short. The charge protection if blown kills the battery. The short protection will 'wound' the battery one time then kill it a second time. At least that has been my experience with two eGo's now that were shorted out by vision stardusts......

thx kent, I will post update. hopefully not...I don't go back to work till mid august LOL

NikolasL

Jun 21, 2013
    Dubai
    Hi guys, I had the same problem, but since I live in Dubai and e cigs are banned here, I had to get quite creative to fix that problem. Until my friend from the States will come and bring me my vapeonly vpower vPower Kit I have to help myself like this. I also have a usb car charger, so that i can vape while driving.
    photo.jpg
    I know it is not the prettiest solution, but I have barely any tools here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread