Did I ruin my VTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikPandora

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Platte NE, USA
Well, about two nights ago, I embarked on a bit of an adventure involving my Itaste VTR. I removed the vinyl skin I had on it, which in turn pulled off most of the white paint from the green surface. Well, the green paint started coming off too, and I eventually ended up just taking all of the green paint off of it and sanding it down with some fine grit paper in an attempt to make it look presentable again. Well, after quite a few hours of scraping and sanding I eventually came to this.
IMG_0641.jpg IMG_0642.jpg IMG_0643.jpg IMG_0644.jpg

I know I posted a thread about this last night, but I've done a lot of wondering about it since then. I can't decide if I like it or not. :/ What do y'all think?​

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
I'm not sure what grade of sand paper you used but it looks a bit harsh to me. Say if you used 200 grit there go up to 400 grit, then 600 grit and so on until you reach 1200 grit. after you use 1200 grit get a bowl of water and wet your sand paper and then wet sand the device. You'll end up with a "mirror like" finish. You have to do this progressively though; you can't just go from 200 to 600 or something like that.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
Personally, I'd suggest going to a Tandy Leather (or whatever equivalent exists in your home state) and picking a few nice pieces out of their scrap bin for a few bucks. Then you can have a leatherbound Ecig box mod of prettiness, you could tool it to fit whatever look you like, stain it your favorite color, and overall it'd probably be pretty sick and completely custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread