Did you throw out all of your analogs when you started vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I smoked rollies but switched to vaping a bit over two months ago. I still have half a pouch of tobacco in my desk drawer. I haven't had any desire to roll a ciggie since I started vaping, but I can't quite bring myself to throw out that tobacco. It's a security thing - I could have a cigarette if I really needed one - so I think having the tobacco there actually helps me to *not* smoke.

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
I'm in a similar position, I still have a couple packs left in my carton. I am not Chinese but I was raised to value money/stuff & certainly never waste anything. I'm also on a low fixed income so I've become quite intense about saving money, never wasting anything & making the most out of everything & every last penny (can you tell I hate that they got rid of the penny).

I also pretty much abruptly stopped smoking when I started vaping (not just for the reasons you mentioned). I thought about throwing them but I could not bring myself to throw something away I spent good money on.

I also considered giving them to smokers I know who are in need & I may still end up doing that at some point in the future. It just didn't seem the tight thing for the moment. Technically I'm still in the quitting phase & I've decided that if for whatever reason I need a smoke, I don't want it to be the end of the world but I also don't want to have to go out & buy a new pack.

In the past when trying to quit, I stressed myself out so much & was so hard on myself if I slipped up that that stress often drove me to smoke. Then once I had bought the pack & had a few, I was so discouraged by own self disrespect & disdain that I couldn't find the strength to try again.

This time I swore it would be different. If I felt I needed one then I have myself permission to have one, if I ended up slipping up that was ok. I just needed to keep trying & eventually I'ld win. As it stands I'm not smoking because I like my e-cig & juices. I don't feel an urge to smoke most of the time now thanks to my EGo-C but if I do then I'll have one.

In short, I'm not throwing out or giving away my smokes just yet. Maybe in a few months when I know I'm completely over smoking analogs I'll give them away but until then they are staying right where they are.

Good luck mate, hope you find what works for you.

Adam

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I got my first kit in September 2012. Smoked and vaped for about a month. I had almost a full carton when I started vaping. When I switched over to vaping completely, I still had 7 packs in that carton. Normally I went through a carton a week. My last cig was the night of October 4th. My first full day cig free was October 5, 2012.

In February 2013, we made the move from Philly to Florida. I was determined that those cigs would not be making the move with me. Mr. Robin and I had a ceremony of throwing them in the garbage. I must admit to a tiny twinge of panic but realized in a split second that I hadn't needed them in 4 months.

My original goal was to finish that carton and not buy another cig. ;)

Feisty

Aug 23, 2013
Illinois
I still have a pack and a half sitting in the kitchen drawer. I'm one of the lucky ones who was able to give up analogs when I first started E-cigs. I have no idea why they are still in there, I have no desire to even look at one. Maybe it's a security thing or maybe I'm just waiting for the right moment to give them to someone or throw them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread