This Blu has to go, ordered a 510 but dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarscreamF15

Jun 24, 2010
USA
Well Ive tried and tried with this Blu and its just not working. I can take a hit and get good vape and good TH but then go back a minute later and nothing. I have to let the thing sit for 15-20 minutes before I can get a decent hit off of it. The battery and cart is fine, I dont get it. And Ive also noticed that now when I use it even after just one hit Im getting pains in my stomach (as in pains running through where the food goes /stomach hurt/ description) and I end up just feeling horrible (though the headaches for the juice finally stopped if thats any consolation...). The carts still taste just horrible and for me there seems to be no getting used to it. As for which flavor Im using? It doesnt matter, its all the same level of nasty and they pretty much taste the same save the menthol. After my one go with that I wont touch them again (and Ive smoked more then my share of menthol analogs in the past so its not that hehe).

That being said, I ordered a 510. I also ordered some volcano carts and attys for this blu but I think that was a waste of money cause I really am just not happy with this Blu. I hope the volcano carts and attys work on the 510? I am also rather concerned that the 510 and Volcano carts are going to cause the same physical (stomach) problems I seem to be having with the Blu arts. Any thoughts? So far my venture into eCigs have been a $100 or so waste of money I really cant afford on this...

Lucavex

Jun 13, 2010
Hereford, TX
I have heard mixed reviews of the Blu PVs.

I own a 510 myself and couldn't be happier. One thing you might try when you get your 510 is to make sure to blow the primer fluid out of the atty before you start vaping. It's got a nasty taste, but it's not harmful in any way. If you're still getting the stomach pains with the 510, I'd venture to say something in the e-liquid is reacting badly with you. If you've been smoking primarily PG then try switching to VG liquid and see if that helps. Or, vice-versa. I haven't heard of someone reacting badly to liquid before, but you could be the first! If that's not it, and the stomach pains persist with the different base, it could be something in the flavoring that's causing the issue.

StarscreamF15

Jun 24, 2010
USA
I initially was turned away from the 510 cause it was a manual battery. The Blu being an automatic and all the stuff you got with the kit is what made me buy it instead. But I really hate the lack of vape with this Blu (and such inconsistent TH. I can hit it and get such a TH Im coughing and then 2 minutes later hit it and get nothing...) and from what Ive read here, a manual battery will give you all the vape you want and then some hehe.

I still have time to send it back and get a full refund and hopefully I will have my 510 tomorrow and then I can see how it goes. The Volcano carts and attys were send off like 2 days after I ordered them (that annoyed me) and the 510 was sent off like 2 hours after I ordered it. hehe so judging by that I will have the 510 in long enough to see if those carts make me sick as well. If they do I will return the Volcano package unopened and hopefully get a refund.

I am so hoping its just the carts with the Blu and not a reaction Id have with all the carts out there. I have thought of switching from PG to VG but for some reason Im having a hard time finding VG preloaded carts and VG juice to fill my own. I really didnt want to be bothered with filling my own carts but if I cant tolerate the PG guess I wont have much choice...

Lucavex

Jun 13, 2010
Hereford, TX
At first I thought filling my own carts would be hassle too, but I found it's really no more work than fishing a smoke out of your pack, digging through your pocket for a lighter, and sparking up. I top up my cartridges after 3 cigarettes worth of vaping or so, and it really only takes a few seconds to do. On top of that, it saves you a lot of money. prefilled carts are convenient, but more expensive. Just my humble opinion, though. I see and hear people on this forum who would never fill their own carts and swear by prefilled.

StarscreamF15

Jun 24, 2010
USA
Yea you got a point there. Perhaps I will check into filling my own carts. Maybe Im an odd one but Im really not into the flavors and that seems to be all you see in prefilled. I want just a nice tobacco flavored cart and be done with it. Guess that means I fill my own. Right now though Im just hoping Im not having a reaction to the PG base period. But with my luck... *sigh*

StarscreamF15

Jun 24, 2010
USA
Does VG based ejuice taste better? I mean gah, this PG stuff just tastes horrible. Words cant describe the 'chocolate' flavored carts my Blu came with for example. As Ive said, Im not that interested in flavored carts to begin with but its what my blu came with. After trying these its really shied me away from flavored carts.. bluh...

And where are there some sites that sell VG based liquid and/or preloaded VG carts?

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Tobacco is the easiest flavor to find in prefilled carts and cartos.'

I find all PG dries me out too much. You have to drink a lot when you vape but I can't begin to drink enough. All VG gives me a stomachache. But I do very well with a combo.

There are lots of vendors who sell PG-free liquid. I started keeping a list when I thought I'd want to go VG-only. It's posted in two of the "Social Group Forums."
VG USERS ONLY - E-Cigarette Forum
ECF Library Annex - E-Cigarette Forum

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
While I agree that trying VG based liquid is a very good idea if you are having a reaction to PG, you might want to consider what strength eliquid you are using, and try one a little lighter. For example, if you are vaping 24mg, you might want to try 18mg. Perhaps you are reacting to the strength of the nicotine?

Personally, I was having reactions to PG, tried VG and found it less flavorful, went back to PG, and from there on had no problems with the PG at all. YMMV.

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Hey Starscream!

You're doing the right thing by venting on us...vent your frustrations but DO NOT stop vaping. Just stay the course, keep vaping, and it'll all come together for you.

The one best advice is what Poeia said: "You have to drink a lot when you vape." because vaping dries your throat...might even help w/ your GI pain.

Everyone is different, and what works for one may be absolutely wrong for another. I vape 2-3 ml of 25mg nic per day w/o any problems. Until I found my variables, I had a hard time w/ 12 mg nic and gagged on 18. There is no universal formula!!

It's going to take some trial-and-error, maybe a lot. But stay with it because the rewards are there! Absolutely!!

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
EcoPure is a brand of VG liquid.

Yup, 100% vg.

Hey Pasty, I'm an all vg vapor too, by choice not necessity...I'm ok with milder flavor, it's the smooth inhale and massive vapor cloud on exhale that I like. Cignot's basic and EcoPure are great...try the Ahneeda and Big Chill...very clean and refreshing.

StarscreamF15

Jun 24, 2010
USA
Thanks for the comments!!!

I got the 510 in today and the Volcano carts and attys... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put a Volcano atty and cart into the Blu and OMG... I was in love!!!!! LOL!! HUGE difference in TH, Vape and most importantly, the taste!!! I love the Volcano Tobacco carts (I got them in high and I think that was a bit much. Im getting a slight nic headache cause I cant stop playing with the Bly and the 510 right now hehe)

Then I put the 510 together and used one of the tobacco carts it came with. The battery was low but I was impressed!!! Love it too and like the taste of the carts it came with as well. Close to the Volcano carts but a bit smoother. Now my 510 kit was nothing fancy, two attys, two batteries, one USB charger, 5 prefilled carts with caps and 5ml of high USA mix juice. A teeny little manual and that was it hehe but the price was great so its cool and its a Joyetech so I suppose thats all that matters.

Anyway, I love the 510 and glad I got it. And I actually love the Blu now. The suggestion of going over to Volcano carts and attys was dead on!!! Its obvious why the Volcano attys work so well. I noticed the silver V coil on the volcano attys are bigger then the ones for the Blu so more heat.

Im charging one of the batteries for the 510 now and cant wait to try it with a full battery.

Oh the rest of the carts from the Blu are in a baggie now tossed to the side. It seems I now have carts to be able to fill with the USA juice for the Blu. Should I just take the foam out and let it dry or can I wash them or what?

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Blu carts make my stomach hurt also I changed to volcano and then just started buying juice. No tummy problems after that I think it is something in the Johnson creek/ Blu version of the juice. I tried the Vg juice and it made me sick also so PG is for me. Blue works really good as soon as you get rid of the Blu juice in those carts and use a volcano atty then you will get some vapor. All is not lost just start replacing Blu parts over time with Volcano parts and tada one day you will have a Volcano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread