The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Difference in flavor between 10mg & 20mg juice?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Berryc, Nov 16, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Hi All,
    I have juice from 2 different companies, but the same flavor - hazelnut.

One is 10mg/ml of nicotine and the other is 20mg/ml.

Now, I know that every supplier has their own 'recipe', but that 20mg/ml juice tastes pretty harsh to me. Is that normal? Are the higher mg/ml mixtures generating a different taste?

Thanks!
    CB

2. Senraku

Senraku Full Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Omaha
    I have noticed the same thing. The higher nicotine content does make a juice harsher, in my experience

3. nova_did_it

nova_did_it Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Glendale, AZ, USA
    I find that higher nic gives a harsher throat hit, which is part of the reason why smokers just making the switch to vaping start with 18mg or 24mg. Nicotine has a tendency to have a more peppery taste which I think contributes to the harsher hit. The lower the nic, the smoother the flavor will be with a lesser throat hit.

4. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi B,
    Welcome,

Also consider that each vendor's recipe may include vastly different ingredients to achieve the same "flavour".
    Nicotine base not withstanding.

Have fun
    I

5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    :thumb: This.

My favorite online e-liquid vendor (Dripeez) offers flavor boosts for higher nic levels specifically to counter the influence that the higher nic has on the juice's flavor. When I was ordering some no-nic flavored e-liquid for my daughter, the mixologist made the comment that she wouldn't need to add any flavor boosts when she mixed her e-liquids.

6. lvm111

lvm111 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    Hey Bad, first I've heard of them. Notice they mostly offer fruit flavors, no cake etc. Could you please give me some advice about using flavor percentages? I've never ordered a custum blend like this site offers, and don't know where to start. I'm sure there's a trick to blending three flavors for instance. thanks buddy.

best regards, larry mac

7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Best advice would be to contact the vendor. When ordering the custom no-nic flavors for my daughter I spoke with her on the phone and after listening to what I wanted she made recommendations on whether flavor boosts were needed.

At the bottom of each page for the different flavors, there is a "how to" to help you decide for yourself whether to add flavor boosts or not, depending upon the nic percentage.

I highly recommend Dripeez. Best flavor reproduction of any vendor I've tried. The fruit flavors taste like the real fruits, nothing artificial or "chemical". My favorite is the Golden Apple; I use it alone or I add some of her Cinnamon or Rum with it for some variety. I also like the Coffee.

8. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Thanks for all the replies and the Dripeez recommendation!

9. Deval TheAuthor Lee

Deval TheAuthor Lee Full Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Texas
    I've noticed that as well, but I also used to use a variable voltage battery, too. I started at 6, and now I'm hanging somewhere around 12-18, depending on the kind of flavor I want.

10. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    the higher nic level could lead to more throat hit as well to keep in mind the pg/vg levels of both juices...higher pg can lend to harsher throat hits. And of course no two juices are the same, even sometimes from the same vendor....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.