Difference in flavor between 10mg & 20mg juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
I find that higher nic gives a harsher throat hit, which is part of the reason why smokers just making the switch to vaping start with 18mg or 24mg. Nicotine has a tendency to have a more peppery taste which I think contributes to the harsher hit. The lower the nic, the smoother the flavor will be with a lesser throat hit.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I find that higher nic gives a harsher throat hit, which is part of the reason why smokers just making the switch to vaping start with 18mg or 24mg. Nicotine has a tendency to have a more peppery taste which I think contributes to the harsher hit. The lower the nic, the smoother the flavor will be with a lesser throat hit.

:thumb: This.

My favorite online e-liquid vendor (Dripeez) offers flavor boosts for higher nic levels specifically to counter the influence that the higher nic has on the juice's flavor. When I was ordering some no-nic flavored e-liquid for my daughter, the mixologist made the comment that she wouldn't need to add any flavor boosts when she mixed her e-liquids.

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Hey Bad, first I've heard of them. Notice they mostly offer fruit flavors, no cake etc. Could you please give me some advice about using flavor percentages? I've never ordered a custum blend like this site offers, and don't know where to start. I'm sure there's a trick to blending three flavors for instance. thanks buddy.

best regards, larry mac

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Best advice would be to contact the vendor. When ordering the custom no-nic flavors for my daughter I spoke with her on the phone and after listening to what I wanted she made recommendations on whether flavor boosts were needed.

At the bottom of each page for the different flavors, there is a "how to" to help you decide for yourself whether to add flavor boosts or not, depending upon the nic percentage.

I highly recommend Dripeez. Best flavor reproduction of any vendor I've tried. The fruit flavors taste like the real fruits, nothing artificial or "chemical". My favorite is the Golden Apple; I use it alone or I add some of her Cinnamon or Rum with it for some variety. I also like the Coffee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread