Different syringes for mixing each flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
Should I be using different needles/syringes for mixing a batch?

I'm currently injecting & pumping out hot water between flavors & nic to rinse out the syringe, and use a different & larger one for my PG. I realize its not 'pure' of course and may contain trace amounts of water, but do I need to purchase a bunch of syringes?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I just rinse with water and keep a few spares on had in assorted sizes. I usually use 1ml, 3ml and 10 ml for measurment accuracy. I use a 30ml with this thing call "the plunger" on the end for cleaning clearos then dump them in the UC for 3 minutes.

Plunger Fitting (Patent Pending) - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
I have lots of ONE mil syringes for flavorings, I draw up hot water a few times (6-7) and dispense it in the sink. Then I draw up distilled water and leave it in the syringe till its used next time. I take the blunt tip needle off and throw that in a Rubbermaid container FULL of distilled water and leave it overnight. Put lid on container.

10 + 20 mil syringes? Use these for JUST pg, vg and nic. Draw up hot water a few times (3-4) and dispense in sink. Draw up distilled water and leave it in syringe till its next use (dispense that day). Take blunt tip off, an overnight stay at the Rubbermaid hotel is in order.

Its good to have ten one mil syringes in your rotation if u make a lot of eliquids, and lots of blunt tip needles.

10 + 20's? Nice to have 5-6 around...

I buy new ones every 2 months and toss the old ones...blunt tips I just keep. Boil them once in awhile.

SantanzChild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have lots of ONE mil syringes for flavorings, I draw up hot water a few times (6-7) and dispense it in the sink. Then I draw up distilled water and leave it in the syringe till its used next time. I take the blunt tip needle off and throw that in a Rubbermaid container FULL of distilled water and leave it overnight. Put lid on container.

10 + 20 mil syringes? Use these for JUST pg, vg and nic. Draw up hot water a few times (3-4) and dispense in sink. Draw up distilled water and leave it in syringe till its next use (dispense that day). Take blunt tip off, an overnight stay at the Rubbermaid hotel is in order.

Its good to have ten one mil syringes in your rotation if u make a lot of eliquids, and lots of blunt tip needles.

I buy new ones every 2 months and toss the old ones...blunt tips I just keep. Boil them once in awhile.

This is exactly how I do it. I cant tell you how many syringes that should of been perfectly good I have had to throw away before I just started storing them full of water.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Good advice Red, never thought of leaving them soak. I have a few each of 1,5,and 10, and order replacements each time I buy nic due to numbers disappearing. Tried the pipettes, not a fan, seems they're harder to flush out, and prone to many more air bubbles.

I used to have to replace the syringes alot due to the numbers disappearing until I heard you can put a piece of scotch tape over them. Since I have done that, I haven't had to replace the syringe and the numbers stay perfect on the syringe! :)

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
I used to have to replace the syringes alot due to the numbers disappearing until I heard you can put a piece of scotch tape over them. Since I have done that, I haven't had to replace the syringe and the numbers stay perfect on the syringe! :)

Heard that too, need to try it with the new syringe replacements I'm waiting on, along with some fresh nic & flavors :)

psycheval

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Forget

All of you are slowly coming out of the woodwork to me now. I knew I wasn't the only one that was .... about how I do just about all of this. I got some of you found already and more and more are slippin' up and lettin' it out.

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
I boil my bottles in distilled water before mixing
I was wondering about that too. I rinse and shake under hot tap water a few times .... Anything with menthol seems to take more rinsings to get out. Half my bottles, larger ones, are glass, but I do have a whole bunch of 5 and 10ml plastic I also use for trial tests ... Not sure they'd hold up to boiling water.

SantanzChild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I boil my bottles in distilled water before mixing, then just use that for flushing the syringes after each flavor. They never touch tap water, so would it still be a good idea to store them long term full of distilled water?

Its really not that big of a deal syringes are cheap. I am just even cheaper on some things and dont like replacing them any more often then I have to. As long as your sure that you got everything out of them before you put them up it should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread