Different Tobacco Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't much care for tobacco flavors, myself. I have tasted enough tobacco to last the rest of my life. There are flavors that are considered "more" like tobacco or "less." I'd have to say, if I was required to vape a tobacco flavor, I would choose an NET, (naturally extracted tobacco) I find they have the "best" flavor comparatively. It is still nothing like smoking whatsoever.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: NatashaTMT

PeterVaper

May 3, 2018
I don't much care for tobacco flavors, myself. I have tasted enough tobacco to last the rest of my life. There are flavors that are considered "more" like tobacco or "less." I'd have to say, if I was required to vape a tobacco flavor, I would choose an NET, (naturally extracted tobacco) I find they have the "best" flavor comparatively. It is still nothing like smoking whatsoever.

Anna
Which type of flavors are your style Anna?

meph1

Apr 26, 2018
Yes! I Mostly use R4Y or if i can get my hands on a good R2Y2 then i favore that more (more creamy, can feel more caramel as well), but cubano, velvet, virgina red... all kinds and sorts with different strengths, i can feel them very much. Never gonna give the same flavor as an analogue, but honestly, i want that tastes as far from me as much i can.

Try Atmos flavors , they have a lot of good quality tobacco flavors.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like Purilum and Hangsen tobacco flavors. Purilum Sweet Tobacco is a winner for me. Hangsen Red USA Mix is also a good flavor. If you want that tobacco exhale sensation try adding .5% Flavourart Black Fire to any tobacco flavor. You can also add a few drops of Black Fire to vendor mixes for a "real cig" taste.

Black Fire Tobacco by FlavourArt

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have any preferred tobacco vapes, I was a 3 ppd smoker for several decades. I seriously have tasted enough tobacco for the rest of my life.

If I HAD to choose a tobacco flavor, it would probably be sweet purilum tobacco, because it gets such rave reviews and seems to be one you can add other flavors to, that or an NET (I kind of think I'd enjoy learning how to make them).

With that said, I kind of had to point out what my HUSBAND was enjoying, which was Heather's Heavenly vapes NET. Even he has moved on to some other flavors by now.

I just don't see the point of vaping something that vaguely reminded me about smoking, but didn't actually cause enjoyment. I did vape my husband's NETs on occasion, if deflooding his tank or something. I can't say they tasted BAD but they were 50/50 PG/VG, so for me, any taste sensation was sort of distracted by the sensation of tiny pins and needles in my throat (I am PG sensitive). Other than that, they were kind of okay, at least compared to some of the tobacco flavorings I vaped like 7 years ago when tobacco flavoring was more ubiquitous.

But, I'm probably the "last' person you'd want to ask about their personal experiences with a "good" tobacco flavor.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I don't have any preferred tobacco vapes, I was a 3 ppd smoker for several decades. I seriously have tasted enough tobacco for the rest of my life.

If I HAD to choose a tobacco flavor, it would probably be sweet purilum tobacco, because it gets such rave reviews and seems to be one you can add other flavors to, that or an NET (I kind of think I'd enjoy learning how to make them).

With that said, I kind of had to point out what my HUSBAND was enjoying, which was Heather's Heavenly vapes NET. Even he has moved on to some other flavors by now.

I just don't see the point of vaping something that vaguely reminded me about smoking, but didn't actually cause enjoyment. I did vape my husband's NETs on occasion, if deflooding his tank or something. I can't say they tasted BAD but they were 50/50 PG/VG, so for me, any taste sensation was sort of distracted by the sensation of tiny pins and needles in my throat (I am PG sensitive). Other than that, they were kind of okay, at least compared to some of the tobacco flavorings I vaped like 7 years ago when tobacco flavoring was more ubiquitous.

But, I'm probably the "last' person you'd want to ask about their personal experiences with a "good" tobacco flavor.

Anna
This is informative and I might be wrong but I believe the poster is interested in what is your preferred type of vape considering tobaccos aren’t your choice;)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I DIY, my favored vapes are desserts, fruits, and alcohols. I love most purilum flavors I've tried, and I like Nic River and OSDIY and Flavor shack as vendors. In particular, mangos, FA forestberry is a great mixed fruit, some One shots I've loved include Bananas Foster (I have two of them, I combined them, and added a bit more stuff) the English (purilum I think) flavors, many of them I am a fan of, in particular English trifle. I will usually amend my one shots a bit.

But, I recently bought menthol (I HATED mints at first) some Cactus, and some more floral flavors, DIY is really expanding my horizons, as I'd say I'd probably HATE menthol at more than 0.1-1% max, but I am learning almost anything can be good in the right proportions and flavor combos. I'm even liking lemon and lime (although orange is a flavor I can't deal with ever, that and "Joy" which is I believe a proprietary Nic River flavoring, and it tastes like whatever the opposite of "Joy" is. It's like this clove, tarry mess. Folks who are having success with it are using it at like 0.5 percent to add "something" but it's not "Joy" in my opinion, LOL.

Almost anything can be good in the right proportions and the right mix, I am finding. So, the more I DIY, the more I tend to "like." I just had to put a halt on any more flavors because there is no way on earth I am going to get through what I have, and what I have is sort of variant enough that I imagine I'll be mixing it in different ways, at different proportions, and whatnot.

Go to flavors for sweetening include marshmallow, cotton candy and meringue. You can't use too much because they are ethyl maltol flavors that can mute other flavors, but they're great in the right strength for richness and mouthfeel. Purilem has a toasted marshmallow that I find pretty epic. I do use Supersweet (TA, I think it is) for straight up sweetening, but I like sucralose, I trust ir and my body's reaction to it. Some folks use stevia, but I can't seem to get away from the bitter note in stevia, although I can see where "bitter" might be fun.

My latest flavor I cannot wait to attack is going to be a Margareta flavor. LOL. I haven't tasted tequila in a long time, so I'm hoping I can make something that tastes good to me. That's going to involve some lime and salt, but I'm not sure yet what else is going to make it "good". I will be finding out.

Really, the more I mix, the more I come to understand that often, it's not the flavoring that is, or isn't good. I have come more to see that it's what and how I mix it.

I could probably make a "good" sweet tobacco by purilum, it's just not on my list to buy any more flavors at the moment, and any time I enter a flavoring site, I don't leave with ONE flavor, so I'm on hiatus for now. Etc.

Ana

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I wont repeat my thoughts on tobacco flavors as i have previously expounded in other threads. I dont exactly care for them but i did diy a peaches and cream tobacco that was pretty damn decent, just not really my thing. I gave 30ml to a friend at work and she loved it. Everybody loves something, this is for sure. Go forth, and explore.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread