Digicharger D4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtual Life

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
Miami, FL, USA
Is any one had deterioration problems with the D4?

I got it on ebay (yeah I know) in August 2016 and I am pretty sure I got a genuine one because it has worked great, until now. About the same time (October) I got 24 of the Sony VTC5's and again no problems, quite happy, until now.

I use Cleito fat boy (4 different mods) and .04 coils at about 35w and happy, until now.

I always rotate the batteries so they all have the same usage. A few weeks ago I noticed that I needed to get another battery before the tank ran out and it used to be tank went too low first. So I guessed that the batteries were dying and got 24 of the Samsung 20a 2500mah because I thought this was too early for the Sony's to die. But I am still needing another battery before tank needs to refill. This was quite a surprise but in hind sight I should have checked what was coming off the charger. All of my mods say 3.95 to 4.1 volts fresh off the charger. Well, a few days since I have so many batteries.

It must be the D4. Wishing I had not assumed before getting more batteries but there it is. Looking at the EfestLUC V4, think it is worth trying, any other ideas?

Reactions: stols001

Alereon

Mar 10, 2018
The D4 (and other Nitecore chargers I think) don't fully charge cells to 4.20v in order to extend their lifespan, but they should charge to above 4.1v. Because of both this and the slow charge speed (4x375mA) I upgraded to the Efest LUCV4 and I am very happy with it, all my mods read full battery charge when I insert the cells. I also love having the option of 4x1000mA charging if I forget to charge my batteries overnight. Also, the Efest charger gets MUCH less warm when charging, because the AC adapter is separate from the charger, rather than inside like on the Nitecore.

There were some complaints that earlier models of the LUCV4 overcharged cells, but this has been fixed for a few years so as long as you don't buy one that is used or has been sitting on a store shelf for a long time you should be safe. Do note that the Efest chargers don't support charging NiMH cells (rechargeable AA/AAA) if you also use those.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
35W vaping will yield shorter vape time than my 10W MTL coils at .5 to .8 ohms. I get all day vaping, frequently into the next morning from a single Samsung 30Q, Sony VTC6, or LG HG2. Those are 3000mah batts. Vaping wattage is similar to incandescent light bulbs. A 100W bulb draws higher current than a 60W.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know if it's the charger, or your expectations, as I don't vape that kind of wattages. However, a backup charger is not a bad idea. I have had 0 problems with my nitecore intellecharger (2 bay) although I do vape at puny, puny wattages. I can't really comment since this is my first charger and will remain so (although I have a very cheap, backup charger for if I ever need to replace it) but I've been very happy with it and my cells are holding up just fine, about what I would expect.

I am going to assume you have authentic batteries though and you could certainly try another charger to see if you get better results. Best of luck,

Anna

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Not come across any problems with my D4 chargers, I have two of them. Been using them both for 3 years now. I like the display on them giving you uptodate info on the status of the charging batteries.
    I would recommend these chargers but have to be honest, I have no experience on other chargers.

• Useful
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread