Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
They closed the other thread, so...
Digiflavor mesh pro

The mods I used may have changed from day to day back when I got them, but my 5 Digiflavor Mesh Pro rda's remain in use as still being some of my favorite RDA's. It's all about the build to tame them, but done right they are the ticket for my long DL hit style of vaping. I've used them on both mech and regulated squonk mods with stellar results. I run very low builds in all of mine, so they do use some joose. But the trade off is massive flavor rich vapor (my DIY joose is cheap to make).

These are the latest mods I've been using two of them on the last few weeks. Makes for a nice compact combo, albeit a fairly heavy one you wouldn't carry in a shirt pocket. I like the Squeeze 2's so much that they replaced some of my other regulated squonk mods.

S2DMPx2.jpg

I also have 3 Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's (bought them first). They work fine too but lack a drip well worth mentioning so are more finicky to use on squonk mods. So I ran mine on TC mods and dripped them. But, ever since I cut way back on the gear on-line in my daily rotations I have no longer used them or the mods.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I just got my Digiflavor Mesh Pro today and so far so good. I got the Profile on my squeeze 2 and the DMP on my rage squonker. I like the Profile more just based on the tighter airflow. They both give great flavor but with the DMP I have to close all but two holes which are half closed to get a restricted hit. Really happy with it so far and I just love how easy it is to build with mesh. I hate trying to thread my rayon through coils with my bad eyesight and it seems I have trouble keeping a steady hand when trying to do it so mesh has been really nice.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I just got my Digiflavor Mesh Pro today and so far so good. I got the Profile on my squeeze 2 and the DMP on my rage squonker. I like the Profile more just based on the tighter airflow. They both give great flavor but with the DMP I have to close all but two holes which are half closed to get a restricted hit. Really happy with it so far and I just love how easy it is to build with mesh. I hate trying to thread my rayon through coils with my bad eyesight and it seems I have trouble keeping a steady hand when trying to do it so mesh has been really nice.

You're seeing what I suggested elsewhere about the huge difference in the AFC's between the DMP and Profile when it comes down to a restricted draw. So I'm glad that it's working out for you OK so far. The more you use the DMP and get use to it hopefully you'll find your sweet spot with it like I have with my DMP's.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
You're seeing what I suggested elsewhere about the huge difference in the AFC's between the DMP and Profile when it comes down to a restricted draw. So I'm glad that it's working out for you OK so far. The more you use the DMP and get use to it hopefully you'll find your sweet spot with it like I have with my DMP's.
This is useful info and interesting. i've got a DMP in my drawer and haven't used it yet because my cascade tank is so good i've been to lazy to wick it up. I bought it before the profile came out after much research. I am getting a lot of info which says it won't hold up wickwize so would be grateful if you could give me your thoughts and perhaps describe your wicking process. I know this is a relatively old thread but hoping you are still having good experiences with it.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I clamp one side of the mesh, then twist up my rayon, tuck it in, then clamp the other side. You need it tight in there to maintain contact with the mesh at all times. That’s the most important thing, wet wick in constant contact with the mesh. @Spydro has been using this rda much longer than me so let’s see what he has to share with you.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
This is useful info and interesting. i've got a DMP in my drawer and haven't used it yet because my cascade tank is so good i've been to lazy to wick it up. I bought it before the profile came out after much research. I am getting a lot of info which says it won't hold up wickwize so would be grateful if you could give me your thoughts and perhaps describe your wicking process. I know this is a relatively old thread but hoping you are still having good experiences with it.

I am running 5 of them 24/7... that ought to be a clue to how good my experiences are with them all the time.

DMP's threads are old because folks don't learn how to build them... so most of them are probably collecting dust in a drawer. The key to taming these fire breathing dragons is the wicking. Do it right and they purr like a kitty cat, do it wrong and you will probably open the gates of hell. IOW, a dry hit on a mesh build will ruin your whole day WAY more than dry hits on normal coils used in most builds.

For starters....

Digiflavor mesh pro

Mesh attys and tanks

I've posted how to build them and discussed it with others a few times on ECF. So a search for Spydro and Mesh Pro RDA or DMP's ought to bring more of them up.

I'll be around if you need more info.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Sorry or the short answer above... but now that the wee hours of the night are here I have more time to reply to you @charlie1465.

I learned early on in vaping how to recognize the pre warnings of a probable dry hit, and they apply to the mesh RDA's as well.

A key point with mesh RDA's is to make sure that all of the mesh above the clamps is in firm contact with the compressed wicking material with no gaps or spaces between them anywhere. Ideally you want to keep the wick saturated with joose. However, the chunk of pulled and rolled cotton I use in the DMP's is massive and can hold a lot of joose. So even with DL hits I can get a lot of pulls before I need to saturate the wick again to avoid a dry hit. Another tidbit with these mesh RDA's... if you use liquids that commonly gunk coils, they can eventually cause scattered hot spots on the mesh that will promote spit back.

Hope this clarifies some, gives you enough to dive into your DMP and see for yourself why I like mine so much.

• Useful
Reactions: madstabber

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Sorry or the short answer above... but now that the wee hours of the night are here I have more time to reply to you @charlie1465.

I learned early on in vaping how to recognize the pre warnings of a probable dry hit, and they apply to the mesh RDA's as well.

A key point with mesh RDA's is to make sure that all of the mesh above the clamps is in firm contact with the compressed wicking material with no gaps or spaces between them anywhere. Ideally you want to keep the wick saturated with joose. However, the chunk of pulled and rolled cotton I use in the DMP's is massive and can hold a lot of joose. So even with DL hits I can get a lot of pulls before I need to saturate the wick again to avoid a dry hit. Another tidbit with these mesh RDA's... if you use liquids that commonly gunk coils, they can eventually cause scattered hot spots on the mesh that will promote spit back.

Hope this clarifies some, gives you enough to dive into your DMP and see for yourself why I like mine so much.
Yes Spydro very helpful thanks. I DIY so don't vape many coil gunking mixes. So it seems like you wick with the method that I have seen on utube. It's funny actually how whenever there is a new RDA out you can find every different opinion you could think of. My initial research gave me the go ahead and I guess i'm only asking these questions because i haven't tried wicking it yet....I'm a member of several different forums and am being warned off big time on elr.....it's all subjective I guess and some people don't try hard enough to make things work before they give up.

Definitely going to dive in...waiting for my first squonk mod :)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Yes Spydro very helpful thanks. I DIY so don't vape many coil gunking mixes. So it seems like you wick with the method that I have seen on utube. It's funny actually how whenever there is a new RDA out you can find every different opinion you could think of. My initial research gave me the go ahead and I guess i'm only asking these questions because i haven't tried wicking it yet....I'm a member of several different forums and am being warned off big time on elr.....it's all subjective I guess and some people don't try hard enough to make things work before they give up.

Definitely going to dive in...waiting for my first squonk mod :)
Good choice, I’m a big fan of mesh rdas on my squonkers. It’s all I use, mesh pro on my squeeze 2 and profile on my rage. When properly set up they give great flavor and vapor. They get a bad rap from some folks that just don’t get them setup right. I think many just have so many Atties that if it don’t work on the first try they figure why bother because they have so many choices. It’s worth getting it right and many don’t know what they’re missing. Good luck to you

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Wish I had bought more of them before they sold out.

Earlier picture of my 5 DMP's from last Dec/Jan.
DMPx5.jpg

More recent pictures of the DMP's...

This one with the blue DMP on a matching Dovpo Topside.
pl8s.jpg

A second Gunmetal Topside for the gunmetal DMP to back up the blue.
TS8Toucans.jpg

I have not got around to taking a picture yet with a third Topside (Silver) wearing the Silver DMP included with the other two. Also a nice match. Pic of all three is on the list though when I get to it.
topside silver.gif

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The DMP's (my favorite mesh RDA's) are very hard to find now. So I trusted FT China and ordered 3 DMP 'Style' from them that they confirmed to me did come with a squonk pin. A month later I find out (when I finally started to get them in hand) that was not true, they come with nothing at all except an extra drip tip.

So I have 6 authentic DMP's and...
3 clone drippers now.

dmp-hc.jpg

I'll call that enough of them (and FT).

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
On using the DMP with nextMesh ohm out about 0.11 fine at 65 watts, Then had a go in mech mod on Vgod pro which showed 145watts, Right lets have ago, Don,t try this at home, My god the mother of all dry hits:censored:talk about ruin your day.

No doubt a dry hit on mesh RDA's can ruin your day. That's about 100% mesh contact with the wicking and keeping it wet, an easy fix. YMMV, but a 0.11 build @145 watts on a Vgod Pro would be hitting the battery at 36-37 amps. With no 18650's honestly rated that high that should be more of a concern than dry hits IMO.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@SCOTT-3 It's nice to see someone else who likes the DMP's as much as I do. It's too bad that so many folks gave up on them. Another one you might want to check out is the Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's. They too are excellent and as easy as it gets to set up right. I have 6 of them so far... 4 of them on regulated squonk mods, one on a dual parallel batt mech squonk mod and I put one of the last ones bought on a Reo P67 mech squonker. I like that combo so much that I might buy 4 more for my other 4 Reo P67's.

wp150.jpg

67profilemesh.jpg

P67x5-6s.jpg

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
At the moment will stick with the DMPs as the juice well size, had no leaking in pocket even air fully open, My main juice diy tobacco giving me full on flavour nice, Have noticed on sweet fruit flavours the sweetness is just to much from the mesh, but overs may like that type of sweetness, All in all a great RDA, With your posting made me decide on going mesh.:thumbs:

Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
At the moment will stick with the DMPs as the juice well size, had no leaking in pocket even air fully open, My main juice diy tobacco giving me full on flavour nice, Have noticed on sweet fruit flavours the sweetness is just to much from the mesh, but overs may like that type of sweetness, All in all a great RDA, With your posting made me decide on going mesh.:thumbs:
I agree with spydro that the Profile rda is worth a try. I use both the DMP and the Profile. Both great but I like the Profile a bit more. Basically I like a tighter draw which the Profile is better for with the DMP having a more open airflow. Both are great rda’s though, my favorites, 1A and 1B.

Reactions: SCOTT-3

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Curious to know the watts you're using on DMP, I'm at 1inch of ni80 mesh ohms out at 0.13 at this low I'm getting a good 4 second inhal at 45watts, which does seem low watts for the build but works well.
Have you got a source for more Digi Mesh Pro's..I understood they were not making them anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread