Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Anyone looking for a trouble free, easy to operate MTL (only) rta, you have to try the New "VandyVape Berserker". I bottom fill mine and have No Problems at all (not a drop wasted), and a big Plus, the flavor is so close to the Siren V1 that I'd call it a draw (IMHO). I'm not getting rid of any of my Siren V1's as I simply Love using them now, but, if you want the same experience without all the fixes, get a Berserker (If your a MTL only vaper). This is just an FYI.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Anyone looking for a trouble free, easy to operate MTL (only) rta, you have to try the New "VandyVape Berserker". I bottom fill mine and have No Problems at all (not a drop wasted), and a big Plus, the flavor is so close to the Siren V1 that I'd call it a draw (IMHO). I'm not getting rid of any of my Siren V1's as I simply Love using them now, but, if you want the same experience without all the fixes, get a Berserker (If your a MTL only vaper). This is just an FYI.
One big downside for me is that it is a 24 mm atty. :(

Droz

Feb 18, 2017
I also got a Berserker. Seems to leak when I do the top fill, even if I try the fancy "upside down to screw on" method.

I'm managing to get some dry hits on it with my 2.5mm coil. I think my wicking wasn't on point with it.

Most reviewers I've looked at have thrown in a 3mm coil in there, might give that a go and tweak my wicking.

I really like the capacity and the tightness of the draw. Haven't got the flavour right yet, but I am enjoying it anyway.

Would like to pick people's brains about coil placement for the VV B, but might do that in its own thread.

Regarding the Siren, I'm surprised everyone here is not choking out their Sirens with 3.5 or 4mm coils - I've got a 2.5 in there and aren't getting any leaks.

Both of my 25mm Sirens got real gunky real fast with my juice - the wicks went quite black in only a day, but it _may_ have something to do with using more nicotine than usual.

Will probably get the Siren II, but the fact that the 22mm tank is only 2ml makes me sad. I just want something that fits on my Pico and holds more juice... Maybe a Kayfun Prime? Might end up buying the VooPoo Drag to put all these new 24mm and 23mm tanks on...

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Well I got my siren GTA V1 today. I was going to a short review on it in a separate thread but I guess I can give my opinion here. I am just worried it will get lost in a 200 page thread. I cannot believe the page counts on some of these threads, some of them are in the thousands! I have never seen that on a forum before. I am probably not going to say anything someone else hasn't said, but I am not going to read 190 pages of posts to find out lol.

So what do I think of the Digiflavor Siren GTA MTL version 1? To put it simply I am not impressed. Some of these videos I watched made it sound like the next best thing in vaping, and even called it a kayfun killer. Really, what am I missing here?

I have messed with a lot of tanks and atty's over the years. This is the first one I have had to fiddle this much with to get a decent build. I find it a bit of a chore to get a good build in it. My first build I did exactly like Phil did his in his review video. Wow, what a gurgley, flooding, leaking mess it was. I don't just mean it weeped a bit, I am talking about 5 minutes into vaping it half the darn tank leaked out the air hole all over my hand and mod. I can't tell you how many years it has been since that has happened to me. Sometime I get a build that I don't get the wick just right and it leaks a little. Most times I can tip it up and blow out the excess liquid and it works ok. Second build it would leak when I filled it. I didn't fill it completely up because I didn't want a repeat of the first build and have juice everywhere. Third build I fixed the leaking, but then it wouldn't wick well enough and it was drying out. My fourth try seems to be working ok, still gurgles a bit but it doesn't leak and it goes away. It seems very sensitive about the amount of cotton you use when you wick it.

I am using a 28 gauge kanthal coil at 1.5 ohms wrapped around a 3mm bit at 12-14 watts with standard rolled cotton as wicking material. Pretty much the same thing I use in every other build I do. I normally use a 2mm bit though because of the small build decks on most of my tanks.

And too me, this is not a true mouth to lung tank. Even on the lowest setting with the diffuser nipple installed it is still way to open for me to consider it a true mouth to lung tank. And while the air flow adjustment ring has stops, they really don't have enough friction to actually work. I don't mind the airy draw so much, most of my current tanks are about the same. I just expected it to be tighter since it is marketed as a MTL tank. The amount of vapor it produces is a bit more than I want from a mouth to lung tank as well. Some might love that, but I don't like waiting for the fog to clear so I can see my tv again lol.

The flavor is good, but nothing stellar in my opinion. I have other tanks that are just as good or better to be honest.

Do I think it is a crappy tank? No not at all. If you get the wick right it is a very good vape. I don't think it is that much better than my Kanger subtank mini though, and that is much easier to get a good build on. I just had such high expectations for this tank, and it really didn't meet them for me. I do like the build deck on this tank though.

A kayfun killer? Not even close in my eyes. Maybe an inexpensive alternative to the kayfun 5, but I have an old kayfun/russian clone that I paid 20 bucks for years ago that is a better MTL tank. For me anyway.

Hopefully they fixed most of these issues with the Siren V2 design, I guess that is the one I should have ordered. I am sure I will get the wicking down in a few days and I will be happy with it. I think I am definitely going to try the beserker in the near future.

• Informative
Reactions: 52anddone

Bonev

Nov 4, 2017
img_9008-jpg.698175
This is my best thinks still learn alot i am new in vaping from 2 months only still look for smoking only not like before i smoke 20 years usually strong cigarettes and 20-40 per day cut him drasticly.aswell now wait my new IQOS because wish tryed when have hunger for cigarette think be good alternative.
My point cut totally cigarettes soon.

Really Black Note e liquids are so good only so expensive are in UK.
And found this Drakes is similar to him and like.
With rebuildable i am new and have some leaking issues maybe because O-rings and because learn now.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I am probably not going to say anything someone else hasn't said, but I am not going to read 190 pages of posts to find out lol.

Try reading from page #106 on, a lot of your questions and concernes are answered back there. These long threads contain a wealth of knowledge that is meant to document everything everyone has learned about the equipment we all use. Good Luck.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Bonev, Glad to have you in the thread. For the Siren, try a 3.5mm or 4mm I.D., 28g Kanthal coil that is spaced, and cut a strip of that cotton pad that is about 9mm to 11mm's wide (depending on the size coil you end up using) for a wick, and run the tails all the way to the bottom of the inside of the tank, then cut them off. I know that the coil might sound large but, in order to get enough wicking material in those big wicking slots to keep it from leaking, you will need a large coil. Hope this helps you some.

Last edited:

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
While now that I have had the siren for while and had some time to play with it I know a little more about it. I wish this knowledge could change my opinion on it, but unfortunately it can't. As a matter of fact I wish I could swear on this forum just so I could express exactly how I feel about it lol.

Wicking is a still a challenge with it, never had a tank this touchy with wicking. If you don't get it just right it either gurgles and/or leaks, or it doesn't wick well enough to keep up at meager 15 watts. It was also having issues with temp control and not holding my resistance steady enough. So I decided to dissemble the entire tanks and clean everything really well. In doing so the top o-ring destroyed itself while taking the glass out. No biggy, it comes with extra o-ring. Unfortunately regardless of which o-ring I tried I could not get the glass to seat and snap into place on the top portion of the tank. As in it won't stay in place anymore if you tank the tank apart to access the deck. Which means I have to empty the tank to work on it.

The last build I did on it I nailed it. Flavor was good, wicking was good and no leaks or flooding. 10 minutes into vaping it I hear this POP sound. I turn on the light and look at it and the freakin' glass cracked! Thank god I didn't fill the tank all the way up just in case it leaked. It does come with extra glass, but I just don't know if I want to bother messing with it anymore. Six years worth of vaping, never cracked a tank before. Even after dropping some of them on a cement floor.

What a dissapointment. Glad it isn't my only tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread