Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Paul.......... I know, and 'hear' ya loud and clear, and I'm relating, big time. I have a total love-GRR thing going on with the Siren.

Sorry for your frustrations with it.

bummer_zpsc32a8ec6.JPG

Last edited:

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Eh, maybe it was just my time. For as long as I have been doing this I consider myself lucky I have had pretty good luck with most of my tanks. I was bound to get one I didn't like sooner or later. The last tank I had that I didn't feel was usable was my old Pro Tank. It was always flooding on me and driving me nuts. Never had a problem with any of my aspire drop in coil tanks. Other than I don't like buying coils lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Katdarling

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Some atomizers just don't work well with some people, like dogs, some will bite ya, and some will lick ya. It's a crap shoot. I did have to work on my Siren to get it to perform though, and I'm happy that I did, I use mine each and every day.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Some atomizers just don't work well with some people, like dogs, some will bite ya, and some will lick ya. It's a crap shoot. I did have to work on my Siren to get it to perform though, and I'm happy that I did, I use mine each and every day.
    I use one as a beater tank for work and after the o-ring fix and a 3 mil coil diameter (wish it was 2.5) Iv'e had zero leaks or seepage for over a month with 8 to 10 mil usage per day at work. :thumb::w00t::)

Katdarling

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Some tanks just do, Paul. I guess it's all dependent on how much we want to play around with them.

I agree with both of you. Been using mine for 9 months and they are solid other than a bit of seepage at the base occasionally.

Yes ian, occasionally. Even with all the list of fixes I have done to mine, I still get the occasional seep, but, that is cured with a quick wipe of a damp cloth around the base.

5-2 will be happy to know this. I'm on Fill #16 now. I've not yet done even a 3mm coil much less a 3 and 1/2 or a 4mm. This one is cottone wicked.

It's been a happy camper thru most every tankful, but does weep/leak a bit right after filling it. I, with paper towel in hand over the air holes, am a bit careful for the first 1/2 tankful. Then, suddenly, it's right as rain, and bone dry again.

Go figure!

Odd little bird, this one. :rolleyes:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California

Lol! I’m SO glad that my Siren likes me! We get along great![emoji4]

jefsview

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    I still have 3 that behave okay, with the occasional user-error poor wick placement that causes drainage. These 3 are in weekly rotation. I just love the throat hit. I do have a few V2's on the way, and I'm hoping I can go back to using my everyday rayon for wicking with them since these seem to have better, beefier seals on them than the V1's.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I have bought the Berserker and found it to vape right along side of my Siren V1, the flavor is just about the same with my Menthol/Mint mix, and that's saying a Whole Lot as far as I'm concerned. The Siren V1's flavor is sooo good that it is the standard I compare all other RTA's by.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Fill number 18 1/2 today on Mr. Siren. I attempted the Kayfun top fill method again. It had performed beautifully on the last fill.

This one? Ummm, not so much. :facepalm:

But a wet paper towel later, he's now spouting vapor happily! Yaay.

kydo99

ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2017
    UK
    well, after switching to a 3.5mm coil in my Siren v1 over the past month or so,
    i just recently got around to putting some juice through it that does`nt need dry burns as often as my mostly used NET juices,
    i don`t want to get ahead of myself but as i type i`m half way through my 3rd straight tank full and no seeping at all.
    with the 3mm coil i`ve never got through more than 2 tanks before seepage appeared.
    so unless i`ve got lucky it`s looking like me and/or my particular tank was probably just in need of a 3.5mm coil all along.
    if it was`nt for 52anddone posting about experimenting with 3.5mm and 4mm coils i would probably still be using a 3mm coil and still finding the v1 Siren a slightly annoying tank.....
    thanks for posting 52 :thumb:
    why i, or as far as i know anyone else did`nt try with a bigger coil than 3mm before i don`t know.

fingers crossed the 3.5mm coil remains to be the fix.....for me at least anyway.

the only thing now is i feel the need to wring the juice out of my old wick so it does`nt seem like i`m waisting a ml of juice every re-wick.....never done that before :lol:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    well, after switching to a 3.5mm coil in my Siren v1 over the past month or so,
    i just recently got around to putting some juice through it that does`nt need dry burns as often as my mostly used NET juices,
    i don`t want to get ahead of myself but as i type i`m half way through my 3rd straight tank full and no seeping at all.
    with the 3mm coil i`ve never got through more than 2 tanks before seepage appeared.
    so unless i`ve got lucky it`s looking like me and/or my particular tank was probably just in need of a 3.5mm coil all along.
    if it was`nt for 52anddone posting about experimenting with 3.5mm and 4mm coils i would probably still be using a 3mm coil and still finding the v1 Siren a slightly annoying tank.....
    thanks for posting 52 :thumb:
    why i, or as far as i know anyone else did`nt try with a bigger coil than 3mm before i don`t know.

fingers crossed the 3.5mm coil remains to be the fix.....for me at least anyway.

the only thing now is i feel the need to wring the juice out of my old wick so it does`nt seem like i`m waisting a ml of juice every re-wick.....never done that before :lol:

Thanks. I just re-wicked my two 3.0s for the first time in a few months, and they both failed. Not leakage (yet), but flavor (it's happened before). I think I may throw some 3.5's on instead, to avoid having to stuff the extras in there. Sometimes I don't get those 2nd pieces fully soaked, and need to re-do the wicks.

Worth a shot!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread