Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Agreed. Two of mine haven't been out of rotation since they day they arrived.

The wonders & marvels of vape continues.... :vapor:

Mine have come out of rotation before, but always seem to come back into rotation though, I like other tanks, but there is something about the siren where the flavor is better, hard to explain, wouldn't say more flavor, just brings the flavor out better, if understand what I mean o_O

Also now I have stopped them from seeping, they tend to stay in rotation now too :)

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'm so happy with the O-ring fix because I now can take my Sirens out and about without worry of leaking and or seepage. One of my Sirens now is my work tank and although it's not intentional it gets pretty beat up and works flawlessly.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I just had to stop and say "Hey" to all the Digi Vapers out there. I can't let this thread just die you know. I am still using my Siren 22mm every day.

Me too, 52! I love this thread. I've got three 22 mm Sirens and one Hussar in use right now. I've almost always got two, three or four Sirens going at the same time. It's an amazing tank with great flavor and a super easy build deck. Never a dry wick with the Siren which has been in constant use since November, 2016.

I am so happy @jseah, the OP, started this thread back in October. I've always wished the OP had posted again to let us know if he or she ever got a Siren for him or herself. Regardless, I'm grateful to the OP. I am very satisfied with my choice of the Siren as my main vapocalypse tank. I'm sure I'll buy some of the Siren V2s, but, even if they never are released, I am very satisfied with my current stash of Sirens. I'll probably experiment with other attys a bit just for fun, and I'll definitely keep stocking up on Eggrolls, for those times I do not want to build, but my Sirens are the best!

I've found the Kabuki is best for my Halo Prime 15 juice, but it's awesome in the Siren too!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    me 3... and now efun top has them ... for $21.. I am forced to buy 2 more... just in case :) ok maybe I can say I need black for the Jac... there.. thats all I needed.. an excuse !

Oh yes! You've got to have another Siren or two for your Jac! And since you're getting more Sirens for your Jac, my Sirens are jelly and now I need a Jac for them!! It's a heck of a deal, this vaping!

Great price on the Sirens! Thanks for sharing.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I'm so happy with the O-ring fix because I now can take my Sirens out and about without worry of leaking and or seepage. One of my Sirens now is my work tank and although it's not intentional it gets pretty beat up and works flawlessly.

Yes! You all participated in the seepage fix and made many Siren fans very happy! It was a great team effort, that never would have happened if Fad hadn't sacrificed one of his Sirens for the cause and gotten the ball rolling!

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    Me too, 52! I love this thread. I've got three 22 mm Sirens and one Hussar in use right now. I've almost always got two, three or four Sirens going at the same time. It's an amazing tank with great flavor and a super easy build deck. Never a dry wick with the Siren which has been in constant use since November, 2016.

I am so happy @jseah, the OP, started this thread back in October. I've always wished the OP had posted again to let us know if he or she ever got a Siren for him or herself. Regardless, I'm grateful to the OP. I am very satisfied with my choice of the Siren as my main vapocalypse tank. I'm sure I'll buy some of the Siren V2s, but, even if they never are released, I am very satisfied with my current stash of Sirens. I'll probably experiment with other attys a bit just for fun, and I'll definitely keep stocking up on Eggrolls, for those times I do not want to build, but my Sirens are the best!

I've found the Kabuki is best for my Halo Prime 15 juice, but it's awesome in the Siren too!
    I did get one.....but stopped using it. I'm more of a DTL vaper, so the Siren was a bit too restrictive for me. I also tried the Fuji, but I had leaking problems from it. Right now my go to tank is the Freemax Starre Pure. Top fill, top air, no leaking problems at all. I've got 10 of them. I've pretty much retired all of my other tanks.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I did get one.....but stopped using it. I'm more of a DTL vaper, so the Siren was a bit too restrictive for me. I also tried the Fuji, but I had leaking problems from it. Right now my go to tank is the Freemax Starre Pure. Top fill, top air, no leaking problems at all. I've got 10 of them. I've pretty much retired all of my other tanks.

I've been wanting to thank you for this thread for the longest time. I'm glad you're happy with the Freemax Starr Pure. I've heard good things about it, but I'm a MTLer, so it wouldn't work for me. One thing that might help with your Fuji is to tighten up the pin just a bit. Several people here had seepage with their Sirens and they were able to fix it by tightening the pin and adding an o-ring to the bottom of the airflow tube under the coil. I don't know if the leaking with the Fuji is due to the same issues, but, if you ever wanted to try it again, it might be worth a shot.

Thanks again for this thread. You've given me, and a lot of others, months of great vaping!

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Yes, thank you very much @jseah for starting this thread. Just to recap how I have been running mine (25mm & 22mm):

I did the o-ring fix for the air tube, I have always used a 3mm coil with a KGD uncombed wick. A few months back I switched from 50/50 to a 80/20 PG dominate DIY mix and can report absolutely no leaking, seeping, drips or drops, just some condensate collecting around the air flow ring after a few tank fulls. I just wipe the air flow ring off with a damp, old wash cloth and I'm good to go for a few more tank fulls. I can get about 21 tank fulls thru my 22mm Siren before I detect a slight change in flavor, at which time I take it apart, dry burn my 6 wrap/3mm/dual Twisted 30g. Kanthal A-1, 1.18Ω coil, rinse the entire Siren under tap water to clean, dry it thoroughly, re-wick with KGD (not combed out at all), put it back together, fill it, and I'm good for another 21 tank fulls of my Menthol/Mint/Koolada DIY mix. I run my Siren 22 on top of my HΩ Tech G2 @ 10 watts, 93C° (that's 199.4 °F) in TC mode, and have the smallest air hole half closed. I figure I get about 70 to 80ml's thru it before flavor changes on my 22mm, and around 90ml average thru my 25mm Siren with the same build, and power requirements. Once, I got over 100ml's thru my 25mm Siren before I had to break it down for a clean and re-wick. I must have had it wicked near perfect on that occasion though, as I haven't been able to get past 90ml's since. Still, for a KGD wick, I think that's pretty good.

That's how I run mine and it working Great.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Hi guys, i just got my siren 25 yesterday and it leaks a bit near the airflow ring, i read from page 60 to page 80 and the only fix i found was the little oring under the deck, is that the fix or is there another fix to stop the small leak? thank you :)

There's another fix that involves tightening the pin beneath the coil. I haven't done it myself, but many here have with great results. Maybe you should try doing a search in this thread for posts by Fad, 52anddone and Big Bob. You might also try doing a thread search for the word tightening too.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Okay cake is done, my wife makes me a awesome homemade chocolate caramel cookie cake every year, wish I could clone it into a ejuice :lol:

Anyway, siren positive pin tighten, hard to get pics of the pin, but done the best I can, so 1st unscrew the 510 pin and take out the pin and insulator, don't really need to take out the insulator, but think makes a little easier and less likely to lose if take out yourself than falling out.

zMHnTsd.jpg

Once you've taken the 510 pin out, you will see the gold/brass the 510 screws into in, that is also a screw, which holds the positive block, you can't get a screwdriver onto it properly, but if look around the edge will see a cut out you can get a screwdriver onto, I did not take out my builds when doing this, but did have my finger over the top of the positive block till I had it properly tightened up.

Hopefully can see from this picture, but did a red arrow, so can see what I mean about the cut out to get a screw driver onto.

iazo9Jn.jpg

Hope that helps you out @Katdarling :)

Hi Nailz,

Just responding to this excellent post for the benefit of DurduSM, a newcomer to this thread, wanting good info on the pin fix.

JW

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Hi guys, i just got my siren 25 yesterday and it leaks a bit near the airflow ring, i read from page 60 to page 80 and the only fix i found was the little oring under the deck, is that the fix or is there another fix to stop the small leak? thank you :)

Check out my post #3435 above. I quoted a post from Nailz, that give a great explanation of the pin fix with visuals. Good luck to you. I found it when I did a search for the word tighten in this thread.

DurduSM

Aug 9, 2017
    I DID it I DID it :D i took a seal from a old joytech cubis coil , cut about half the thickness and it fitted perfectly on the tube, IT DOES NOT LEAK hurraaaaaaaaaaay :D . thank you Fad, 52anddone , Big Bob and JustWondering1.

p.s. last time i filled the tank i didn't close the airflow and didn't do the upside down trick and it did not seep it's all dry.

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I DID it I DID it :D i took a seal from a old joytech cubis coil , cut about half the thickness and it fitted perfectly on the tube, IT DOES NOT LEAK hurraaaaaaaaaaay :D . thank you Fad, 52anddone , Big Bob and JustWondering1.

p.s. last time i filled the tank i didn't close the airflow and didn't do the upside down trick and it did not seep it's all dry.

You're going to make a lot of people happy with your discovery of the Cubis coil seal! How did you manage to cut the thickness in half? :thumbs:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Hi Nailz,

Just responding to this excellent post for the benefit of DurduSM, a newcomer to this thread, wanting good info on the pin fix.

JW

As you brought that back up, last week I was doing some new coils, and actually found a screwdriver piece that works perfect for tightening that screw up, awesome little set, paid less than $10 for it and got so much use out of it for my ecig hobby :)

4n5Jx7g.jpg

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    As you brought that back up, last week I was doing some new coils, and actually found a screwdriver piece that works perfect for tightening that screw up, awesome little set, paid less than $10 for it and got so much use out of it for my ecig hobby :)

4n5Jx7g.jpg

Awesome! Thanks Nailz! Do you remember where you got it and its name or a link?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread