Siren 2

c2ed7ea56e551e66c2e7b3b13bd250d1.jpg

8d8247a372638021e575086cdc9f2f87.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cfknight12

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Oh hell yeah, looks sexy! Wonder if they'll have added a smaller airflow hole or an actual airflow restrictor (instead of diffuser) to get true MTL Vapes, as many have asked for. Really like how they've added a logo and more color choices, but not so sure about the cigarette-like drip tip. I'm sure many MTL vapers will like that style though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Yeah, the gunmetal looks like it might be kind of a cool, different look, but I'm not thrilled with the gold trim look of these overall. Hopefully, these will let you use another 510 drip tip like the V1 did. Other 510 drip tips actually fit very well on my V1 Siren. I hope they drop the gold trim in production, but we will see.

I only just recently figured out how to get my 22mm SS Siren V1 to not leak on me every time I refill it (by seriously tightening up all loose threading and using a 3.5mm coil with lots of wick). I hope the V2 will work a little better out of the box, but I suspect it will still need a big coil using lots of wick. Not perfect for TC MTL use.

I actually like the Siren's diffuser for MTL use, as I feel it helps provide better (but still concentrated) airflow over more of the coil, reducing hot spots. Using that diffuser I get pretty good (though not perfect) results when chain MTL vaping. Dry hits are not usually an issue, but I also prefer a slightly airier MTL draw then some other folks do.

The V1 Siren's vapor is not as dense and flavorful as I prefer though, but it has a nice juice capacity (once refill leak issues were resolved). What is the juice capacity of the V2? Is it a 22mm tank? I only ask because nothing larger than 22mm will fit on my iStick Pico 75s.

I wish the bell cap on the V2 tapered more at the top, instead of just being squared off like it is on the V1. I think a tapered top would help provide better flavor and greater vapor density, but I suppose it could also lead to a hotter running vape.

cfknight12

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
That's true... I'm not a big fan of copper/bronze/gold, and those accents do kind of throw the looks off for me too. It does look more ergonomic than the original though, with the tapered top piece. Ultimately I care more about function than form so I'd give the atty a chance, but I'm still hoping they change those before the production version releases.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Looking at the Digiflavor website, which does not show the Siren V2 yet, I get the impression they are big into meeting the EU's TP-whatever regulations regarding tanks that are limited to a max 2ml juice capacity. Assuming the Siren V2 is a 22mm tank, from the pics it looks like the juice capacity will be less than that of the V1. That's a bummer, but good (I guess) for our friends living and vaping in Europe. Not so good for those of us living elsewhere. I'll just have to wait and see how well this tank is reviewed once it is available. For now I'm not all that excited about. Maybe I should get some more 22mm Siren V1 RTAs now, while they are still available?

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Uhm not sure what they was thinking, but yea not a fan of the gold rings at all, and why such a long drip tip? Don't normally stick with stock drip tips, so not such a big deal.

Want to see some pics of the build deck, but more excited for the vandy vape berserker over this one, which is a let down, as a big fan of the Siren V1.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    A lot of us were hoping for 2ml. It kind ot makes sense for a MTL device...

Why does it make sense? I MTL vape, and I wouldn't go out with a 2mil tank, as know I would have to take a bottle of juice to refill, 2 mil would no way last me for a work day.

If want to make it EU compliant, then make 2 versions, one for the ones who have to have 2mils, and one for the others that don't.

Not really a fan of this style, but if it is only 2 mils, I will not bother trying it for sure.

soulseek

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    Why does it make sense? I MTL vape, and I wouldn't go out with a 2mil tank, as know I would have to take a bottle of juice to refill, 2 mil would no way last me for a work day.

If want to make it EU compliant, then make 2 versions, one for the ones who have to have 2mils, and one for the others that don't.

Not really a fan of this style, but if it is only 2 mils, I will not bother trying it for sure.

2ml means shorter chimney which means better flavour, particularly with MTL.
    Furthermore, longer chimneys mean you need to increase watts or temperature to get a comparable vape to shorter ones, which means further exposure to possible toxins.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Furthermore, longer chimneys mean you need to increase watts or temperature to get a comparable vape to shorter ones, which means further exposure to possible toxins.

That argument doesn't really work on the digiflavor siren, as the build deck is already half way up the tank, so pretty much the same as a small tank already, probably why the Siren V1 been my favorite MTL flavor tank for so long ;) And sure I am getting less toxins than the cigs I use to smoke :)

cfknight12

Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2017
    Kayfun is arguably the king of MTL RTAs and does not have a shorter chimney or a small capacity...

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Also never heard anyone say they had to raise wattage because a tank is half inch longer than another tank, I vape the same wattage on all tanks, from the doggy style (short tank) to the hussar full size (long tank).

Anyway, we will see on the new siren, sure a lot more info in the next few days :)

soulseek

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    Kayfun is arguably the king of MTL RTAs and does not have a shorter chimney or a small capacity...

That is your own opinion. Personally something like the Nectar by Amerpoint has much better flavour and that has almost no chimney. Why do you think RDAs have better flavour ? I’ve had this exact conversation multiple times; these are very simple concepts of physics, not that hard to grasp.

Reactions: 52anddone
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread