Status
Not open for further replies.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
PG does not agree with me so I use almost completely VG. I cut my base VG 20% with distilled water to make it more manageable. If I use VG based nicotine and cut it the same way does the nicotine content dilute the same percentage? For instance if I start with 48mg and cut it 20% do I wind up with a bottle of 38.4mg? I was thinking of just ordering 100mg in PG since I would only be using a tiny bit but you would have to be very accurate with your measurements to do it that way.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yes it does by the amount of DW you put in. Use the e-juice me up calculator it has a field for water and will figure it in for you.

If your going to go with a high VG mix get your NIC in VG or you will not be able to reach your 80% or higher VG target strength. You also did not mention what final mix down mg target strength you were aiming for. Regardless of if you were using VG or PG NIC if your base is going to be 80VG/20PG you will still need to add DW to make it wick properly because of the thickness of VG..

eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thanks. I was thinking it would dilute the same as VG base. Just wanted to make sure I was calculating my nic correctly. I do either 6 or 3mg so I never order higher than 48. Its just easier to deal with.

48mg will work just fine just order it in VG and you'll have no problem reaching the higher VG goals. Just remember to compensate for the added DW and flavorings in your calculations. Use the recommended calculator and it will make that simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread