Diluting VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThugginMcMuffin

Sep 15, 2015
So i was wondering what the best ratio for mixing distilled water and VG is. I dont plan on adding nic or flavoring, as Vg has a sweet taste anyways.

Say if i had 500ml of VG would adding 10% do the trick?
I also should have asked this before, but do i even NEED to dilute the VG at all?
Dont know if this info helps, but im running my builds around ·3 ohms.

Thanks for the help :D

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
It's different for individual vaping devices. The idea of thinning VG is to get it to wick properly for your device without flooding. So start with 5 - 7% and work up or down until your device wicks properly without flooding. Keep in mind the amount of PG flavor on it's own added to a mix will thin your VG base so that also needs to be taken into account. So best advice is don't thin your large bottle of VG, thin the ejuice mixture itself. The reason is adding 20% PG flavoring to a mix will require less thinning then let say 3% flavor.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
You sound like you're using an rda, so in theory you don't really need to thin the vg, but however, some dw still can help with deep dripwell rda's i'm guessing...

Just remember that dw thins about 4 times as much as pg, in a ballpark figure, so e.g. adding 10% dw would yield about a 60/40 vg/pg mix viscosity-wise.

I also like you, don't use flavors and also right now am using a 0.3 build like you, in my velocity clone :) I'm new to rda's, and this is my first, but for me, using 10% dw works very well in this atty. I haven't tried yet how undilluted vg is like, but i'm thinking that for rda's with such deep drip-wells like the velocity, then the added dw probably is helping it to keep up from the well, to the cotton, to the coil...

ThugginMcMuffin

Sep 15, 2015
You sound like you're using an rda, so in theory you don't really need to thin the vg, but however, some dw still can help with deep dripwell rda's i'm guessing...

Just remember that dw thins about 4 times as much as pg, in a ballpark figure, so e.g. adding 10% dw would yield about a 60/40 vg/pg mix viscosity-wise.

I also like you, don't use flavors and also right now am using a 0.3 build like you, in my velocity clone :) I'm new to rda's, and this is my first, but for me, using 10% dw works very well in this atty. I haven't tried yet how undilluted vg is like, but i'm thinking that for rda's with such deep drip-wells like the velocity, then the added dw probably is helping it to keep up from the well, to the cotton, to the coil...

yeah im using a Tugboat V1 RDA right now. I think im going to try just straight VG and see if it works lol. if not, oh well I got plenty of coil and cotton :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread