Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just use water, but it already comes with water, so it will get really thin.
The more water, the less smoke.
You can cut with 10% water, some have gone as high as 20% with little effect.
Cutting with VG or PG will make the mix sweeter, but wont loose any smoke output.
You can always mix both water and VG in 5% parts.
Things really depend on what your trying to do,
cut the nicotine levels, cut the flavor, or the harshness, or trying to extend the batch.

justrubl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2008
Houston, Texas, United States
i have some of the fierce risky juice and menthol form puresmoker and it is just too strong.....i am also trying to cut down on my nic intake....i really like his stuff but it is just too harsh for me.....i am a dummy i think but i just cent get the idea straight in my mind for diluting it down.....

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
i have some of the fierce risky juice and menthol form puresmoker and it is just too strong.....i am also trying to cut down on my nic intake....i really like his stuff but it is just too harsh for me.....i am a dummy i think but i just cent get the idea straight in my mind for diluting it down.....
People have given different math formulas to figure it out here.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/5128-36mg-xmg-24mg.html

If you can figure the math out on your own just ask and someone will answer.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Propylene glycol is the main ingredient in e-juice already, around 90 percent.

It's not a controlled substance. It's not thick like VG, and adds no funny taste.

And it's cheap :) I ordered mine right from the pharmacy for $8 for 1/2 litre (Canada)

I'm pretty sure it's available in whatever country you are in, correct me if I'm wrong please.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Mine came from REXALL , no particular reason other than it's a couple blocks away.

I called 3 regular "drug store" pharmacies though (price check), they all could order it. I'm in Edmonton, so I doubt you have the same ones. They were REXALL, SHOPPERS, and some local store.

They use it in prescriptions to water down various things. Every pharmacy had it, nobody had a extra bottle "in stock", but it was next-day.

So let your fingers do the walking, just phone a couple and ask them to order a 500ml bottle of it for you.

surich

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Houston, TX
I've been using an e-cig for about a week now, cant remember the brand. Has the cart and atomizer built together. Decided I would like to be able to refill my carts, and make my own flavors. So I ordered a mini from Totally Wicked.

So...I just got my new mini dse 901 and 2 packs of blank cartridges. I also recieved my order of sample juice flavors from Johnson Creek. Everything tastes the same! I've tried 2 different batteries, as well as both atomizers, and it all has the same, weird sickly sweet taste. Everything was ordered as Non PG.

Is that where I made my mistake? I mean come on.... cherry should not taste like chocolate, nor should either of them taste like a regular cart! Can anyone help / advise / cuss me out... I don't care! I am going crazy! 8-o

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
I've been using an e-cig for about a week now, cant remember the brand. Has the cart and atomizer built together. Decided I would like to be able to refill my carts, and make my own flavors. So I ordered a mini from Totally Wicked.

So...I just got my new mini dse 901 and 2 packs of blank cartridges. I also recieved my order of sample juice flavors from Johnson Creek. Everything tastes the same! I've tried 2 different batteries, as well as both atomizers, and it all has the same, weird sickly sweet taste. Everything was ordered as Non PG.

Is that where I made my mistake? I mean come on.... cherry should not taste like chocolate, nor should either of them taste like a regular cart! Can anyone help / advise / cuss me out... I don't care! I am going crazy! 8-o
Get your Juice from TW!!

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA

I use JC juice and the flavors are all distinctive, especially peach cobbler. I wonder if the flavors are carrying over from one to the other. A clean atomizer is a must when changing flavors.

It also may be that you are still tasting the primer from the new atomizers, if this is the case it should get better over time.

hmmmm I just noticed all were non-pg, VG might have flavor retention issues with JC juice based on some other postings I've seen.

Send a note to Johnson Creek and see what they have to say about the issue.

surich

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Houston, TX
I use JC juice and the flavors are all distinctive, especially peach cobbler. I wonder if the flavors are carrying over from one to the other. A clean atomizer is a must when changing flavors.

It also may be that you are still tasting the primer from the new atomizers, if this is the case it should get better over time.

hmmmm I just noticed all were non-pg, VG might have flavor retention issues with JC juice based on some other postings I've seen.

Send a note to Johnson Creek and see what they have to say about the issue.

I tried new carts, and never used batteries and atomizers.

How long does it take to "break in" an atomizer? Right now, I am having trouble even bringing myself to pick up the e-cig, its that bad. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?:confused:

surich

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Houston, TX
Ok, did some experimenting with just my nose. Everything has this same smell. (which is the same as what I am tasting). So... would it be the glycerin, or the "nic" in everything? Is this just something I will have to learn to get used to?

I know I probably sound like I'm whining, but seriously, I never had anything taste sweet like this on my smoke51 cartridges!:oops:

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    I tried new carts, and never used batteries and atomizers.

How long does it take to "break in" an atomizer? Right now, I am having trouble even bringing myself to pick up the e-cig, its that bad. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?:confused:

Are you sure you're not still burning through the primer fluid that's put on new attys? It can be sorta nasty...it gets better.

shake your e-juice before refilling, as the flavorings can separate. You can try a drop onto the atomizer wick (the metal mesh) directly, but don't do more, or you can flood it and/or drip into the battery, which will eventually kill a non sealed auto battery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread