Sep 27, 2017​

Method used when initiating complaint with retailer
Email​

Ticket number (if you were issued one)
none​

General nature of complaint
Defective or wrong product​

Briefly describe your problem or issue
I was awoke in the middle of the night with a terrible acrid smell. Sometime during the night my Tesla Three 150W turned itself on and burned through half a Kanger Protank 4's worth of fluid and kept going, melting down the plastic drip tip at the top.

I contacted direct vapor, who I purchased the Tesla from on the first of this month via e-mail. They told me to contact their phone support. I did and the support was horrible. Anita told me I could have a refund, then said, "Oh wait, this is Direct Vapor. I can give you an RMA." I asked her what was going on and she said she works for a company that does support for several vaping companies. After more contradictory statements and only the offer of an RMA, I asked that the issue be escalated to management. She said she did and they would get back to me within a day. It is now 2 days later and still no contact.

I also re-emailed Direct Vapor and complained of the service and asked for better consideration. I also e-mailed Tesla at the same time as my initial contact with Direct Vapor. They have not replied.

The Kanger Protank 4(from My Freedom Smokes) I purchased two weeks prior to the Tesla on 8/14/2017. I had both items for 44 days and now they're ruined because of a fault with the Tesla. I'm asking for immediate replacement of both. I live on $1100/mo disability and literally don't have enough money to send the Tesla back via RMA. Not to mention they're not offering to replace the destroyed Protank. I've attached pictures showing the damage. The Tesla no longer lights up or accepts a charge.
6ACNs

Attachments

• 20170927_002234.jpg
    20170927_002234.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 20170927_002251.jpg
    20170927_002251.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • 20170927_002210.jpg
    20170927_002210.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • 20170927_002243.jpg
    20170927_002243.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • Useful
Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  • Deleted by retired1

DavidB11

Mar 22, 2013
Lebanon, MO
Just wanted to post an update to this:

After not receiving any reply from Teslacigs, I posted on their Facebook page asking them why they don't respond to their e-mail. I did so in a polite and respectful manner. After a couple more days without a response, I checked back on their Facebook page to see if they responded to me there. They had deleted my post and blocked me from any further posting.

As for Direct Vapor, they called and told me I had to e-mail them pictures of the Tesla and Kanger. Guess what e-mail address they told me to use? Yep! The same e-mail address I had already sent them pictures. When I told them I had already sent them they said they had no record of my e-mail. An e-mail to which I had used first and was replied to saying I had to call. Apparently, they also delete customer e-mails. I re-emailed the pictures and after a couple more days they said they would RMA the Tesla only.

At this point I was extremely, extremely upset and was considering contacting an anti-vaping organization and selling both damaged devices. Again, I am on disability and the complete purchase of both devices took me 2 months to come up with the funds for purchase. In fact the Kanger was my birthday present to myself purchased ON my birthday. And again, I did not have the money to pay for shipping the Tesla back for RMA, much less purchase another Kanger.

Well, I didn't and haven't. Instead, I reached out to the AVA and was contacted by Gregory Conley. In my initial message to them I explained the problem I was having with Direct Vapor/Vapor Fi. Gregory e-mailed me saying he had reached it his contact at Direct Vapor/Vapor Fi and that hopefully they would be getting back with me. I replied to Gregory and thanked him for his response and briefly explained a little more about my financial situation. After 3 more days I had still not heard back from anyone, so I e-mailed him again and again thanked him for his effort letting him know that no one had contacted me because of his effort.

It is now an additional 5 days later and still no contact from anyone at Direct Vapor, Vapor Fi or Teslacigs. You would think these people would be ecstatic that I didn't have anything flammable nearby when it malfunctioned. I've attached my Imgur album of the pictures I took after the meltdown for proof that I am not lying about the damage or severity of the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread