Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
This is more of a rant and to see if I'm not alone in this. Some details, my dad's friend tried vaping. He had problems with his Herakles tank and an iStick 50w. Using this tank now, I can see his vape experience wouldn't have been great on the iStick 50w. That's besides the point, he kept having problems with it, so I tried to fix it. Stick is done, Herakles was given to me. He decided to go back to smoking, but I'm not giving up on him.

So, why start this thread? Y'all might be thinking that. I should've taken a picture of his mod, but it was so disgusting looking, I just wanted to clean everything and didn't even want to touch it. Ridiculously sticky in leaked juice, dirty all on the iStick and covered in e-juice. Black gunk on the Herakles, the white o-ring needed to be washed. Coil and cotton was absolutely black. No wonder this setup failed. I've always heard about dirty mods online, but this is the first time I seen one in person.

Has anyone else had this bad luck to see something like this in person? Now, I baby my mods, everything is always clean. I don't understand how his got so bad, so quick.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
This is more of a rant and to see if I'm not alone in this. Some details, my dad's friend tried vaping. He had problems with his Herakles tank and an iStick 50w. Using this tank now, I can see his vape experience wouldn't have been great on the iStick 50w. That's besides the point, he kept having problems with it, so I tried to fix it. Stick is done, Herakles was given to me. He decided to go back to smoking, but I'm not giving up on him.

So, why start this thread? Y'all might be thinking that. I should've taken a picture of his mod, but it was so disgusting looking, I just wanted to clean everything and didn't even want to touch it. Ridiculously sticky in leaked juice, dirty all on the iStick and covered in e-juice. Black gunk on the Herakles, the white o-ring needed to be washed. Coil and cotton was absolutely black. No wonder this setup failed. I've always heard about dirty mods online, but this is the first time I seen one in person.

Has anyone else had this bad luck to see something like this in person? Now, I baby my mods, everything is always clean. I don't understand how his got so bad, so quick.
There's two that tie for worst and nastiest ever.... one was my brothers aspire coil. He'd left a nasty gas station tobacco juice (I think it smelled like used chewing tobacco) in it for a month and a half. It was black and wouldn't unscrew without pliers. The other was a nautilus mini I bought from a buddy. Wasn't working right, found gyro meat in the airholes. The vape was not that great.

granolaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Skidegate, BC, Canada
granolaboy.net
I have a friend that's on and off the vaping. I'm always rebuilding his coils and fixing his stuff.

He *never* cleans anything. He never changes his wicks. Every time it's just absolutely disgusting. No amount of lecturing or showing him my nice, clean, and highly functioning setups will change him.

I think some people are just too lazy or just slobs, and will never be able to stick with vaping because their setup will never work for any length of time.

Good topic. I think this is a real problem with some.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I have a friend that's on and off the vaping. I'm always rebuilding his coils and fixing his stuff.

He *never* cleans anything. He never changes his wicks. Every time it's just absolutely disgusting. No amount of lecturing or showing him my nice, clean, and highly functioning setups will change him.

I think some people are just too lazy or just slobs, and will never be able to stick with vaping because their setup will never work for any length of time.

I think people want the convenience of a cigarette. Light it, smoke it, done. Those people should use pre-built coils if they don't want to clean. It's less messy than smoking and easier imo. At least just wipe it off with your shirt or something lol.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama

I agree, part of me wonders what this guys house looks like. If a small tank and mod is this bad, I'd be scared to see the rest of where he lives. I think it's mostly lazy, it takes all of 5 minutes to clean a tank or wipe stuff down with a paper towel, but people don't do it.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
A friend of mine is a clean fanatic, well when it comes to her home. Her mods, my God! It looks like a science experiment in there! We both use Reo's. Mine all look like they just arrived out of the box today. Hers look like they were just pulled from a swamp! I clean hers when I can, hot soapy water and toothbrush. It does what it can. The difference between us, I absolutely love vapeing! Sadly she always says she would smoke if it wasn't bad for you. She doesn't care about her mods, there just a delivery system for nicotine. I think that's another school of thought. Depends on your passion and enthusiasm for vapeing.

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
A friend of mine is a clean fanatic, well when it comes to her home. Her mods, my God! It looks like a science experiment in there! We both use Reo's. Mine all look like they just arrived out of the box today. Hers look like they were just pulled from a swamp! I clean hers when I can, hot soapy water and toothbrush. It does what it can. The difference between us, I absolutely love vapeing! Sadly she always says she would smoke if it wasn't bad for you. She doesn't care about her mods, there just a delivery system for nicotine. I think that's another school of thought. Depends on your passion and enthusiasm for vapeing.
Try changing her juice to 0mg and see if she notices :p might be able to get her reo out of it if she doesnt need/want the nicotine lol

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama

I agree, this one guy wanted to quit, but he just got so frustrated with it not working. I can see why now. He didn't want it anymore and won't try again. Reo's are easy to clean haha. Mine are scratched, but clean still.

Reactions: Jugband

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The things my provari's & a few of my delivery devices have been through most folks would never believe.
Covered /coated many times in mud, blood, guts, grease, oil, diesel, paint & bovine manure to the point they are totally unrecognizable as anything related to vaping.
Pffft, those are flavor enhancers.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My Cyclone ... anyone think it needs cleaning?

2cwrbr8.jpg

Yes, there are coils in there. Two of them :lol:

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Some of us don't care what our devices look like. They are a means to an end for me. I don't care if it looks like a million bucks or 5 bucks as long as it works .

True, but if someone is careless and it gets dirty and that's why the device quits working. It should matter to some people. Because of the carelessness of this one guy, The method that was working the best for him to quit smoking has gone away and he gave up and is smoking again. I tried to buy him a new one to keep him vaping and he doesn't want to keep trying it.

Reactions: caferacer

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

Think positive!

The first one he had probably died when he tried to wash it.

After that he knew enough not to try to put it in the dishwasher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread