Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
My Cyclone ... anyone think it needs cleaning?

2cwrbr8.jpg

Yes, there are coils in there. Two of them :lol:
what type of juice are you using BTW?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If bacteria could grow inside vape gear, that colony would be forming a rudimentary currency and developing agriculture.

Good one yuseffuhler and please consider that line soooooo stolen :thumb:

Castrol 20-50w?:lol:

Nope, but the juice looks like it :)

not yet, I can still see something slightly shiney in there ;)

I think the shiny spots are light reflecting off the just watered agriculture the microbes are developing
yes3.gif

what type of juice are you using BTW?

I think you figured it out Bunnykiller :thumb:

It's my main DIY juice which is so dark it's almost black, mainly from the Lorann Pralenes and Cream flavoring. It gunks quickly but I love the stuff. Here's a shot of the same RDA after just a quick rinse under the tap:

f2ouvo.jpg

The rayon looks a lot better now. When I took the wicks out I gave them a better rinse and they turned white again, even the sections that had been inside the coils. The coils were so gunked I couldn't believe the vape was still OK. I let it go this far to see how far it would go before this setup became unvapable. It wasn't burning juice yet but I it was as close as I was comfortable letting it get.

It probably wouldn't have been vapable in anything but a bottom feeder with that fantastic feed system.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Whatever's living in there is definitely already past the agrarian society phase of their development. :blink:
They're so far advanced that they already wiped each other out in a nuclear war. It's a desolate landscape there. The only thing left is the ashes of their beautiful land.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
They're so far advanced that they already wiped each other out in a nuclear war. It's a desolate landscape there. The only thing left is the ashes of their beautiful land.

And I thought those noises were just the normal snap, crackle and pop that you get from a well set up atty. Who would of thunk it !!

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
True, but if someone is careless and it gets dirty and that's why the device quits working. It should matter to some people. Because of the carelessness of this one guy, The method that was working the best for him to quit smoking has gone away and he gave up and is smoking again. I tried to buy him a new one to keep him vaping and he doesn't want to keep trying it.

That is true as well mate. You must teach a man to walk before he will do so or you will carrying him around the rest of his life. If that is the route you want to go then feel free. I try to teach rather than do. It is up to the individual to take it from there.

By the way, I don't find anything wrong if someone chooses to smoke.

Ryedan's atty would scare me off though. Hopefully it is some type of net liquid on that.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have bought tanks on the Classies that was just awful when I got them. Most of the time I would have to replace the O rings because they wouldn't come clean. I know some people fill a lot of tanks and leave them sitting for a month or so. I don't do this . I keep 2 Kayfuns and a Protank going at a time. When I am through with them and want to rewick I go to the clean ones in my box and clean what I have and put them back in the box. Can't imagine vaping on something that has been sitting around that long.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Wow... I clean all my gear every three of four refills. When the cotton starts to discolor or the coils gunk up I change cotton and burn off the coils. I am a chain vaper but I only have to do what I call "{Other device} maintenance" once a week or so. If I have to clean it all in one day (2 mods, 2 kayfuns, 1 orchid, 1 kracken, 1 persius, a plume veil, a CLT2+, and a rampage) it takes all of about 2 hours. But I try to cycle through it all so it only takes a few minutes a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stratm69

Feb 3, 2015
Good one yuseffuhler and please consider that line soooooo stolen :thumb:

Nope, but the juice looks like it :)

I think the shiny spots are light reflecting off the just watered agriculture the microbes are developing
yes3.gif

I think you figured it out Bunnykiller :thumb:

It's my main DIY juice which is so dark it's almost black, mainly from the Lorann Pralenes and Cream flavoring. It gunks quickly but I love the stuff. Here's a shot of the same RDA after just a quick rinse under the tap:

f2ouvo.jpg

The rayon looks a lot better now. When I took the wicks out I gave them a better rinse and they turned white again, even the sections that had been inside the coils. The coils were so gunked I couldn't believe the vape was still OK. I let it go this far to see how far it would go before this setup became unvapable. It wasn't burning juice yet but I it was as close as I was comfortable letting it get.

It probably wouldn't have been vapable in anything but a bottom feeder with that fantastic feed system.

I'm sorry, but that is still pretty disgusting looking, whether you think it's "better now" or not... I wouldn't vape on that if you paid me, haha.

All I can picture is a black smog during the exhale. Would probably be safer vaping the end of my exhaust pipe on the car. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
My Cyclone ... anyone think it needs cleaning?

2cwrbr8.jpg

Yes, there are coils in there. Two of them :lol:

EEK! :shock:

Although, I don't know why I'm surprised. I've seen pictures of your coils before. Ack!

If bacteria could grow inside vape gear, that colony would be forming a rudimentary currency and developing agriculture.

Bwahahahahaha! :lol:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm sorry, but that is still pretty disgusting looking, whether you think it's "better now" or not... I wouldn't vape on that if you paid me, haha.

All I can picture is a black smog during the exhale. Would probably be safer vaping the end of my exhaust pipe on the car. :)

Which just goes to show that looks can be very deceiving ;)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
EEK! :shock:

Although, I don't know why I'm surprised. I've seen pictures of your coils before. Ack!

It was the same picture that you saw before Robin, I only did this once :). It's the one I won the dirtiest coil ever or some such thread with and that thread was why I let it go that far.

I posted the pic again in this thread to point out that sometimes the 'ack' factor can be misleading. There are more variables in vaping than how much crud you have on the coils and what color the juice is (and juice color is a major factor in my picture). Sometimes a clean atty will have problems and sometimes a dirty atty does not.

Bwahahahahaha! :lol:

Yup, I love that line :)

Reactions: Robino1

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Proper cleaning and "mod hygiene" is completely essential to a properly functioning device.

This really can't be overstated. I'm pretty .... about cleaning my mech weekly and my atties every other day or so, but I mean a quick rewick (or replacement of prebuilt coils) and a good rinse of the well/tank takes almost no effort and maybe 5 minutes. As for drip tips, good grief, that's twice a day!

There should be a sub forum for tips on how to properly clean and maintain your hardware!

E-Cigarette Maintenance | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Nivek13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread