Dirty coil safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
Hello, this question may seem dumb but I am very easily paranoid, so I needed to ask.
I have a joyetech Penguin, and today, while refilling in the street (dumb, I know), I dropped the coil on the street, didn't think twice about it, wiped it with my shirt and put it back in. I've vaped quite a bit since then, and now I am slightly paranoid that I have bacteria in me or something.
Is what I did dangerous, or will I be fine?
Thanks for any responses, sorry for the dumb question.

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I don't know the Penguin all that well, but is the mouthpiece part of what hit the sidewalk.? If it is, I'd try to wipe it with some alcohol before sticking something on the sidewalk in my mouth. As it's after the fact and you feel fine, I wouldn't stress over it.

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
Oh, that part. Short of that falling into a gift some dog left behind, I'd just wipe it down and vape it.
Thank you very much. I am a noob so I don't have very much experience, I already changed it out with a fresh one, but I vaped before so I am still happy to hear that.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello, this question may seem dumb but I am very easily paranoid, so I needed to ask.
I have a Joyetech Penguin, and today, while refilling in the street (dumb, I know), I dropped the coil on the street, didn't think twice about it, wiped it with my shirt and put it back in. I've vaped quite a bit since then, and now I am slightly paranoid that I have bacteria in me or something.
Is what I did dangerous, or will I be fine?
Thanks for any responses, sorry for the dumb question.
Five second rule applies.... did you never drop a cigarette and still smoke it?

Cheers
I

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The human body contains trillions of microorganisms — outnumbering human cells by 10 to 1. Because of their small size, however, microorganisms make up only about 1 to 3 percent of the body's mass (in a 200-pound adult, that's 2 to 6 pounds of bacteria), but play a vital role in human health.
NIH Human Microbiome Project defines normal bacterial makeup of the body

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If I didn't vape everything I dropped, I'd be so busy cleaning it I doubt I would be vaping much. Just sayin'. I did read a study once where it was healthier to let your babies get exposed to a certain amount of dirt, rather than being one of those parents who used antimicrobial wipes on everything... I sort of live by that philosophy (I mean, to a degree). I was not one of those mommies who boiled their kid's pacifier for 2 hours if it hit the dirt though. We all still seem to be alive.... :)

I think you'll be fine. Wipe it down with a damp cloth.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The human body contains trillions of microorganisms — outnumbering human cells by 10 to 1. Because of their small size, however, microorganisms make up only about 1 to 3 percent of the body's mass (in a 200-pound adult, that's 2 to 6 pounds of bacteria), but play a vital role in human health.
NIH Human Microbiome Project defines normal bacterial makeup of the body

So if I take a ton of antibiotics before being weighed, I can knock off 5 lb without changing my diet? Cool!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes Eskie, you can. Try some Clindamycin or Keflex, or any of the really nasty ones, like I did during my 18 months of pneumonia. Even with probiotics you can eat as much as you want and lose weight, just expect to spend some time in the bathroom.... a LOT of time. :lol:.

Enjoy yourself, I am not in approval of the abx method of weight loss, that's for darn sure. Also, Keflex is so poisonously strong that I developed an allergy to it the THIRD time it was prescribed. There were plenty of other abx and STEROIDS, the combination of which I find extraordinarily unpleasant.....

Anna

Reactions: Eskie

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
So if I take a ton of antibiotics before being weighed, I can knock off 5 lb without changing my diet? Cool!
Silly rabbit, dead bacteria weigh the same as live ones. If you could effectively kill the entire bacterial population of your guts off, you would indeed die.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
i'd wipe it down with a disinfectant wipe and then with a damp towel just to be on the safe side.

I would have just wiped it off with a tissue and I surely would not want disinfectant on my coil I can just imagine what that might taste like. Also since PG has antibacterial properties and you already had it in e-Liquid it is already cleaned so kind of overkill at this point! Oh @Wraith504 last summer planting in the garden I dropped my MOD in the dirt and did not realize it landed Drip Tip first! Talk about a Dirt Hit! :-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread