Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
When I had my Mini I compared it to my Grand and the Grand hit a lot harder in my opinion. I guess the 18650 does perform a lot better, all of my batteries are AW IMR. I also have a SSGGTS w/UFS and still my Reo Grand gives me a bigger throat hit but the UFS gives a full flavor indescribable vapor.
I think the only difference your seeing is a 510 to a 901 901s have lots of flavor but lack the throat hit

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I don't know if this has any bearing on the OP, but I remember seeing somewhere that Rob changes out his batteries when they drop to 3.9(?), 3.7(?). I've noticed that I *can* get 3-5 hours before they start to "drop off" dramatically, but if I change them out after about 2 or 3 hours and meter them, they are down to about 3.8 or 3.9v. At that point I get quite an improvement in vapor production and TH from the fresh batteries (4.1 to 4.2v).

I can only figure that their "sweet spot" is 4.2(ish) to 3.8 or 3.9. If the OP is showing only 3.7 to start, then possibly the AW IMR's will make a difference. I've never used anything but the AW IMR's, so can't really compare, but I can say for certain, that the mini performs MUCH better for the first couple of hours with them, then I just switch them out. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread