Disassembling a Provari Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

odieX

Sep 20, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Hello guys,

does anyone have experience in disassembling a Radius? Is it quite easy to do?

I may get one which is functioning properly, but it has pretty much wear, dents, scratches and another one which is kind of flawless outside, but the chip seems broken. Any chance to switch the working chipset into the flawless one without too much of a hassle?

edit: the working one is 40 watts, the broken one is 60 watts, are there any differences in the casing?

Thank you.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I partially disassembled one but I have not tried to swap out a board and whatnot. I think the casing would be the hardest and I'm fairly certain it can be done (but not by me that's for sure).

To the best of my knowledge there is absolutely no functional difference between the versions, so it's not like the board wouldn't fit or work in the housing. Whichever board you wind up using will determine the wattage, I think.

Hopefully um, someone more knowledgeable will come along to let you know. I think at worst you risk cosmetic damage to the housing by taking it apart and how well you are able to reassemble, but you may be better off sending both in for repair, it would be more costly but you'd wind up with two working radiuses from someone who is more than used to repairing them for less risk and cost. His name his Bill and I don't have his contact information handy but if you go to the Provarinati thread and ask, I am sure someone can give you the information and/or more direction as far as issues involved in trying to swap out a radius board period.

Good luck,

Anna

odieX

Sep 20, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Thanks Anna, but sending those in for repair should not be worthy since just the shipping costs from GER to US would be like 35$ one way.

I am technically not unexperienced, just no idea of how this masterpiece is constructed, so I guess I'll just give it a try since the price for both is pretty low.
And I just bought another one which is functioning with a kinda flawless shell in midnight blue, so even if the 2 for 1 idea is not coming out well, I am fine :)

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier