Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I'm wondering if anyone knows the proper place to dispose of things like egos, box mods with internal batteries, pccs, etc. when they no longer work. I know you don't just throw them away in the garbage but I don't know where they should be disposed of.

Do you take them to a battery disposal place like you would for other old rechargeable batteries?

Thanks for the info.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Radio Shack used to accept old batteries, but I read somewhere they are going out of business. I'm sure there are other battery specialty stores that would accept them.

Edit: Staples will accept them.

Box mods like the MVP use LiPo chemistry batteries. Replaceable external batteries are Lithium (either Li-Ion or Li-Mn IMR).

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
You could also drop them off in the recycling bins just inside the entrances to Best Buy stores. The only lithium batteries they won't take is lithium button batteries. They also don't take lead acid batteries, alkaline batteries, any batteries weighing more than 11 pounds and car batteries.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Radio Shack used to accept old batteries, but I read somewhere they are going out of business. I'm sure there are other battery specialty stores that would accept them.

Edit: Staples will accept them.

Box mods like the MVP use LiPo chemistry batteries. Replaceable external batteries are Lithium (either Li-Ion or Li-Mn IMR).

At the bottom of that link (where they discuss rechargeable battery recycling), it specifically says that alkaline and lithium batteries are not accepted.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
I'm wondering if anyone knows the proper place to dispose of things like egos..........

Thanks for the info.

I just give a working one with an Evod or T3S on top to friends/acquaintances... y'know, to see if they want to try ecigs or not.

Never to be seen again.

"Disposed" of several that way.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Ok so I just found out Batteries Plus will take all the types I asked about in my OP. Guess I should have looked harder for an answer on Google before asking here lol.

anyway, thanks for the responses.

Good to know. Considering what they charge for batteries, they can afford it.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread