DIY Bulk Liquid Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffBass

Oct 1, 2021
Hello. I recently bought larger bottles to make my E liquid in bulk rather than make 60ml bottles. Today was the first time I made a batch using the large bottles. When adding my last ingredient (VG) I got to 200g and my scale stopped reading. I needed to make it to 262g so I zero'd the scale and added 62 VG assuming the scale cut off at 200.

Once I was done I weighed the finished bottle on a larger digital scale I use for vegetables but does not measure mg. I took an empty bottle of the same size, weighed it, and subtracted the weight of the bottle from the finished bottle to learn my finished weight is 272g.

The recipe I followed has a final weight of 262g. The amount of Nic I used was 30g. Now, because I added 10g extra of VG Im trying to figure out how much Nic I need to add to achieve the correct strength....

I thought I could divide the original Nic/Weight of 30/262 which gets me 0.114. Then I divided NewNic/NewWeight 32/272 which gets me close at 0.117. So with this logic, if I added an extra 2g of Nic to my finished bottle would I be at the strength I wanted to make? (8mg strength) Im having trouble wrapping my head around the math, but this logic seems to check out.

Dunno if anyone has been here before and has a trick or tips on how to fix the situation. Because I made such a large amount, I guess 10g of extra VG would only lower my juice's strength by 1mg at most. So I could just settle but thought someone else might have been here before. Appreciate any thoughts.

JeffBass

Oct 1, 2021
Sorry no one has yet to reply. After reading your post a couple of times, I’m still scratching my head o_O.

I think I was too wordy.. Sorry. Im trying to understand, so lets say I made a batch of juice at X strength with a total weight of 100g, with 10g of that Nic. Then I added an extra 10g of VG on top of the total 100g, so my total weight is now 110g with 10g Nic what would my strength be?

10 g Nic and 100g VG would give me what strength? and
10g Nic and 110 VG would give me what strength?

Trying to solve for strength, so I can figure out of I need to add more nic. Which is something else Im not sure how to solve for.. Math.. lol

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Using ELR's free DIY online calculator... and your numbers (kind of o_O)...

The recipe I followed has a final weight of 262g.

10 g Nic and 100g VG would give me what strength?

Here is a recipe, not exactly your numbers, using only Max VG, 10g nicotine and getting to ~262g final weight. ELR says the nicotine strength is 4.6mg.

Screen shot 2022-02-23 at 4.31.52 PM.png

Math wise, I think it would be in your best interests to use one of the free online DIY calculators. Or download one of the free programs for your PC like eJuice Me Up.

Go here, and click on the first link for ELR's free DIY calculator.

With the scale you have, split large batches in half. That way your scale will handle what you are mixing without exceeding it's limits.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I think I was too wordy.. Sorry. Im trying to understand, so lets say I made a batch of juice at X strength with a total weight of 100g, with 10g of that Nic. Then I added an extra 10g of VG on top of the total 100g, so my total weight is now 110g with 10g Nic what would my strength be?

10 g Nic and 100g VG would give me what strength? and
10g Nic and 110 VG would give me what strength?

Trying to solve for strength, so I can figure out of I need to add more nic. Which is something else Im not sure how to solve for.. Math.. lol
Honestly I wouldn't bother with adding more nic. I doubt you'd even notice the difference in strength after a day or two when you're not thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread