DIY button extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
All 7 of my 900 winders in stainless teamed to any coil or mouthpiece just identically get hot right under the coil section near the fire button ... Made this extender from a ball point pen clip, band of leather, and a small rubber wire cover tip to protect every pen and button from scratches ... makes a handy way to hold the pen in any comfortable position and no more red fingers ... I just noticed however that I slipped this extender on from the wrong end ...it will work either way but its much more comfortable from the cool battery end ... A second nice feature is that madvapes clear buttons on their 900 winders have a very slight rocking action and every button press feels a bit differently ... the rubber boot on the end of the pen clip makes the rocking disappear and every button press is identical. If you are super fussy like me, you can use clear gloss on the shiny chrome metal clip from about a foot away so it hits the chrome 'dry' and turns your clip into a faux stainless to match your stainless battery case. The second picture is another clip applied the proper way reaching over from the battery end with an additional thumb protector strip of stiff thin leather so the unit is totally isolated now from fingers and thumb ... vape on ! 001.jpg

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread