Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello,
Are you trying to make you own ejuice? If so, it is usually done to your taste, but general guidelines are provided in the DIY thread here
DIY E-Liquid

Look at a juice calculator(most are free) and depending on the volume of the bottle you want the final product to be ie (30ml) etc is what determines what to use.

Good luck

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A juice calculator is hard to explain kinda, but it makes itself clear once you identify one you like and just look at it... You input a target mix (e.g. each flavor %, how much VG and PG you want, how much nic (you'll have to input the nic base (VG or PG or a combination) and etc. It asks you to provide what you "want" and then kind of works its way backward, telling you how many ml/weight (depending on if you want to mix by weight or by volume, many folks start out using volume first) and etc.

As far as recipes you have options. You can use one shot flavorings in the beginning to get some "easy" mixing under your belt, you can attempt various recipes for flavorings that are created by others, or your can build your own by testing flavors singly to get a sense for steep time and make your own recipes. I did the last one (and kept some flavored eliquid around as I was building my skills) and would combine flavors in my tank (not the exact same as steeping together, but it gave me a sense of how things worked). I also tasted a lot of commercial liquid to get a sense of what I liked and hated, and I READ a lot of recipes but really wound up creating my own.

Whatever route you go, keep asking questions until things get clear and write down everything you do. Nothing worse than creating the "perfect" recipe and realizing you can't recreate it.

Also, it takes time to adjust to your own creations, so expecting some failure is often better than thinking "I will be successful right out of the gate." It's a lot of fun, and the more you do it, the more recipes will "build on" each other and your skills will increase. Keeping my expectations low to start was helpful (for me).

Best of luck and happy mixing!

Anna

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I’d recommend researching all about DIY ejuice FIRST before deciding on a calculator to use. You want to know which method(s) you’ll be using to select the calculator that best meets your needs. Of course if you just want to get your feet wet a bit and not really commit until you KNOW if it’s for you, almost any of them will work. I’d recommend googling, or searching, eliquid recipes &/or eliquid calculator. Often you’ll find recipes on the same site as a calculator and vice versa. I’m newer to DIY myself. I think the best advice I can give is don’t be afraid to ask questions. This forum is great and doesn’t judge! Don’t forget safety. We know to be careful with nicotine, if using, but additives and flavors are very potent and can and will cause eye irritation. I now wear small safety glasses. You’ll need smaller bottles for flavor testing and (maybe) smaller pipettes for flavors and additives which don’t come in dropper bottles. Flavor testing is important! Some stronger flavors can “muddy” a recipe if percentage isn’t right. As @stols001 said, don’t get frustrated if your mix isn’t what you were hoping for initially. Hang in there and stand up to the challenge! It’s rewarding and you’ll be glad you did! Most importantly, have fun!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread