DIY Contest 1 Year SUPPLY! Share your Recipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

linnx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Washington USA
www.ecigexpress.com
Nice recipes so far :)

I do have a question. I don't see the percent of base though? I am used to seeing in the format:

90% Nic base
4% Champagne,
6% Fruit

= a total of 100%. If we did 60% + 40%, that takes up the whole 100%, how much base, this way if someone wants to try it out, it can be totally clear.

Thanks

Fruit Champagne
60% FA Champagne
40% fruit (strawberry, raspberry, peach, ect)

I go a bit high on the fruit as I really like the fruit flavors to come through if you want more subtle drop to 80/20

LuckyLulu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Florida

I do have a question. I don't see the percent of base though? I am used to seeing in the format:

90% Nic base
4% Champagne,
6% Fruit

= a total of 100%. If we did 60% + 40%, that takes up the whole 100%, how much base, this way if someone wants to try it out, it can be totally clear.

Thanks
I really don't work with percentages because I just mix for myself. Not sure if that is the case for everyone or not. I just start with whatever size bottle I'm using, pour in the nic and add flavors I think would go well together and keep a tally of the drops until I get it the way I like it :) on that note....

This one happened by accident but it is a yummy accident! :)
Oba Oba Oops
15mls unflavored nic base
45 drops FA Oba Oba
15 drops FA Vanilla Tahity (this was the oops part)
8 drops Sucralose Sweetener (Optional, this is pretty sweet on it's own)

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY

90% Nic base
4% Champagne,
6% Fruit

Thanks

I have been putting the %'s for the flavoring mix only. How strong you want it, or how strong the nic is your choice.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan

90% Nic base
4% Champagne,
6% Fruit

Thanks

Each DIYer has her or his own preference for the ratio of the flavoring percentage to the total. The flavoring percentage preference can vary from 1% to 30% or more, so the percentage of nicotine liquid, PG, and VG is usually not required in recipes posted.

8-Ball

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009

90% Nic base
4% Champagne,
6% Fruit

Thanks

I believe the poster is saying that the flavor concentrate is 60% flavor A and 40% flavor B. You can then add that mixture to your nic or no-nic base at whatever percentage desired. If for example, you were making a 10ml batch with a 20% flavor strength, the base would constitute 80% of the 10ml (8ml), flavor A 12% of the 10ml (1.2ml) and flavor B 8% of the 10ml (.8ml). The final yield is 100% and the total volume is 10ml. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread