DIY "dummie"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippydan

Dec 16, 2018
Hey! I'm Danny from Lincolnshire UK. I've been vaping a few years.

So basically I'm just looking into starting DIY liquid. Wondering what info people can post about it. I'm wanting to do flavours that I can add nic shots to rather than making juice with nicotine in.

If you post basic resipies could I have them in ml please :D

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

So basically I'm just looking into starting DIY liquid. Wondering what info people can post about it. I'm wanting to do flavours that I can add nic shots to rather than making juice with nicotine in.

Welcome, Danny. Wide world of flavors out there - tell what you're most interested in, and you'll get some great responses. I diy, but only very simple tobacco juice.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    yeah @Chippydan , listen to the folks that have already posted above as they are not steering you wrong.. This is a HUGE forum with much to be learned if so desired.... The secret to any type of vape knowledge (or any type of knowledge) is to read what is available here.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales

Welcome. You don't have a choice about using anything other than Nic shots @Chippydan
    I have litres of nicotine stashed away but the latest 10ml nic salt shots are just as good even if they are 10 x as expensive as the good old days.

Anyway... either 1. use the force or 2. use a mixing website.

I would recommend you start with one shots and nic shots. All you need then is PG and VG, maybe even only VG.

I use syringes. Many people weigh. To be honest weighing is for perfectionists.

Most of my recipes are around 3 flavours. Some ( a few old ones) are published on the most well-known diy website.

Good luck. Be careful where you buy your stuff. Not all mixing ingredient shops are equal. What do you like, flavour-wise?

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I have one suggestion that hasn't been passed on already. Write it down! When you make a batch of juice, write down the recipe you used for the ejuice. Nothing worse than coming up with an ejuice you like and can't remember what you put in it.
    Oh, hello and welcome to the forum.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Nothing worse than coming up with an ejuice you like and can't remember what you put in it.

or coming up with the juice that smells like a stinky sock for some reason and you are thinking to yourself - that one will be good to get as a present for your enemies some day, but you didn't write it down. o_O

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Try going to e liquid recipes There are 1000's of recipes there...some good some not. Click on the wrench next to a recipe and it gives you the option to make a one shot from the existing recipe. Mind you as others have said you probably need to read a lot before you get stuck in with the actual mixing....best of luck to you.:thumbs:

Reactions: Chippydan

Chippydan

Dec 16, 2018
    G
    Try going to e liquid recipes There are 1000's of recipes there...some good some not. Click on the wrench next to a recipe and it gives you the option to make a one shot from the existing recipe. Mind you as others have said you probably need to read a lot before you get stuck in with the actual mixing....best of luck to you.:thumbs:
    Great ill have a look! I've got all Christmas to research! Haha thank you

• Winner
    Reactions: charlie1465

Chippydan

Dec 16, 2018

Had a look. The wrench is a great tool but I'm still confused... When I click the wrench it takes away the PG/VG mix. Am I been thick lol...

Chippydan

Dec 16, 2018
    The wrench allows you to adapt your preferences to that mix, and then save it as your own. So you will set your VG/PG percentages the ml you are mixing etc. If you scroll down it will show you that recipe mix in grams and in ml based on your preferences.

I see the ml percentage etc but without clicking the wrench would I mix a recipe without nicotine then add a nic shot later

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread