Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I am getting ready to order some flavors to try my hand at DIY mixing. I am getting the nic liquid from wizard labs along with some TFA flavors but I keep reading about capellas flavors. Is there one flavor company Better than the other overall or is it one flavor may be better with one company vs the other and vice versa

also any suggestions on the best place for capellas flavors. I am looking at stormysvaporcellar right now just from a google search.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Also I am ordering 100% pg 12mg and 100% vg 12 mg.....I like a 50/50 blend. So I can put pg in half a bottle and fill the other half up with the vg to get the 50/50 blend minus of course what ever percentage juice I out in there....is that right or am I making it too simple?

Also wondering if I should go with 18mg as the flavor I am sure will dilute it some...

Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated

ratchet62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
USA
If you don't want to dilute your nic with flavor, then start with a higher nic base and dilute with PG/VG as shown in one of the calculators.
As for the second part, using PG nic and VG nic as you described is just that easy. Of course, your nic level will go down as you add flavor. Also, if your flavors are all PG based, then your PG/VG ratio will also shift to a slightly higher percentage of PG.

bace a flunt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
US
Also I am ordering 100% pg 12mg and 100% vg 12 mg.....I like a 50/50 blend. So I can put pg in half a bottle and fill the other half up with the vg to get the 50/50 blend minus of course what ever percentage juice I out in there....is that right or am I making it too simple?

Also wondering if I should go with 18mg as the flavor I am sure will dilute it some...

Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated

You are better off ordering a higher concentration PG base (like 48), some 0mg pg, and 0mg vg. Use a calculator.If you make 10ml @ 20% flavoring you will be at 9.6% nic and 60/40 using 12% pg and vg. Plus with a higher concentration and some 0mg pg and vg you can lower the nicotine content if you want.

E-Juice / E-Liquid Calculator

The overall consensus seems to be that capellas is better than TFA/LA. If you went with Vaping zone flavors, you could do the 12mg pg/vg like you want and not worry about diluting it because the flavors are so concentrated. But it's really not hard, just play around with that calculator with a higher nicotine concentration.

2.5ml of 48 mg/ml nic, .5ml PG, 5ml VG, and 2ml flavoring would give you a 12mg/ml 50/50 mix.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
While I prefer the calculator by Scubabatdan in the sticky's, I'd never argue against the other good calculators mentioned above.

I like Capellas for new mixers. Most of their flavorings avoid levels 7 & 8 which makes learning the ropes a bit easier. (The levels mentioned are from my blog on flavoring levels.) My favorite Capellas flavoring for new mixers is Sweet Tangerine. Mixed at 15% it makes a shockingly good smooth orange vape without needing anything else added. It's a nice thing if your first mix is vapable. It gives you time to experiment with other flavorings and recipes while vaping your own juice.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
While I prefer the calculator by Scubabatdan in the sticky's, I'd never argue against the other good calculators mentioned above.

I like Capellas for new mixers. Most of their flavorings avoid levels 7 & 8 which makes learning the ropes a bit easier. (The levels mentioned are from my blog on flavoring levels.) My favorite Capellas flavoring for new mixers is Sweet Tangerine. Mixed at 15% it makes a shockingly good smooth orange vape without needing anything else added. It's a nice thing if your first mix is vapable. It gives you time to experiment with other flavorings and recipes while vaping your own juice.
Nice! Thanks. Is the tangerine flavor safe for tanks that are not glass?

Also how does Capella avoid those two levels you mentioned? And recommended sites that sale Capella liquids.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Don't know, I don't use tanks, but it shouldn't have chemicals that break polycarbonate plastic though it could fog them.

I don't know how they do it. I suspect it is part of the development of their flavorings being primarily used to flavor that bland glop that stomach surgery folks have to eat.

I've always purchased my Capellas at Capellas which makes me a bit odd around here as of late. I know I ordered one of their giant bottles of Sweet Tangerine last time I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread