DIY Ejuice Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Dont remember what I said on Frans thread but I really like PUR mango. If I was talking about mango PUR was it
Mentioned a Mango Sherbet your working on and advised that 2% cantaloupe carries mango. Knew last we talked about the PUR mango here, you mentioned you’d already made changes. So I didn’t know if perhaps it’s the same recipe. I now have the PUR mango but haven’t yet used as I was going to try in your recipe first but don’t yet have your changes. No worries though! I can think of lots I can try with PUR mango!

Reactions: stols001

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a Q;
    I've read here to taste-vape the juices I make every couple days as they steep to find out how long they need to steep.
    How do I do that?
    Do I need to use a new coil or a new wick? Do I need to thoroughly clean my tank?
    Can I pour what I don't vape from the tank back to the steeping bottle?
    You don't need to try your juices every 2 days unless you want to. I'd go by the week. Yes you need a new coil or wick and a clean tank. Yup you can pour the juice back in the bottle.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Mentioned a Mango Sherbet your working on and advised that 2% cantaloupe carries mango. Knew last we talked about the PUR mango here, you mentioned you’d already made changes. So I didn’t know if perhaps it’s the same recipe. I now have the PUR mango but haven’t yet used as I was going to try in your recipe first but don’t yet have your changes. No worries though! I can think of lots I can try with PUR mango!
    I havent got that one quite right yet. The other one I mentioned on Frans is different. Im working on it though

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a Q;
    I've read here to taste-vape the juices I make every couple days as they steep to find out how long they need to steep.
    How do I do that?
    Do I need to use a new coil or a new wick? Do I need to thoroughly clean my tank?
    You don't need to try your juices every 2 days unless you want to. I'd go by the week. Yes you need a new coil or wick and a clean tank. Yup you can pour the juice back in the bottle.
    If you've got the tank to spare, I've heard of people loading a flavor in a tank, then just testing the tank a couple of times a week, just letting it sit to the side in between tests.

I've never done that. And, you would need a spare tank that you can let sit for an extended period. But, it should work.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I have a Q;
    How do I do that?
    I agree with FranC’s response. When I started DIY I began using a small RDA to making frequent testing easier for me. If your interested and don’t already know much about RDA’s, I can recommend the same one to you that was recommended to me here on ECF. Some people will tell you this also works for them, while others will tell you to do it another way. There’s no right or wrong way or frequency to test your new flavors or mixes, as long as it works for you. Once you get an idea of about how long you like certain types of mixes to age, you won’t need to test as often. While a suggested typical steep times guide for mix types might help you, it’ll be personal preference which calls the shots as everyones taste is different. Great community here who doesn’t mind helping out when they can. If you need those suggestions I mentioned, let me know. Any more questions, don’t hesitate to bring them here. Happy mixing!:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Hey all I was looking through recipes and was wondering what the difference if any is there between sweetner and Caps super sweet. Is it just more concentrated than “regular” sweetner. Does it have the same muting effect at ME that people mention? Thanks

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Hey all I was looking through recipes and was wondering what the difference if any is there between sweetner and Caps super sweet. Is it just more concentrated than “regular” sweetner. Does it have the same muting effect at ME that people mention? Thanks[/QUOT
    Not really, EM isnt really a sweetner. Its all about what they are made of. I linked most of them in a thread called "sweetners" (I think thats it). Joel and explains EM quite well in the thread about steeping

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Hey all I was looking through recipes and was wondering what the difference if any is there between sweetner and Caps super sweet. Is it just more concentrated than “regular” sweetner. Does it have the same muting effect at ME that people mention? Thanks
    Funny, or sad, story depending on how you look at it. Before starting DIY I didn’t know which to order. When I mentioned it on here, I got several peoples personal preferences suggested. So when I ordered my sweeteners at Nude Nicotine I basically got one of each of them. Since, the only others I’ve purchased are brown sugar and powdered sugar for texturing ect. When I see a recipe calling for CAP SS, I know it’s 20% sucralose and my NN sucra is 15%, so I adjust accordingly. I know TFA’s sweetener is 5% sucra and also adjust accordingly. Don’t quote me but I don’t think FLV’s is sucra. But mostly they are and sometimes they’re a mix of sucra / maltol ect. If I don’t know one, I look it up. I don’t use ethyl maltol in anything anymore unless a recipe calls for it and even then I have to feel good about the mixologist who wrote it. I learned all about it’s muting powers very early. It can work in your favor when a bit of toning down might be needed but it’s tricky and I choose to save that for figuring out later on. So to answer your question, often but not always the difference is simply the percentage of sucra. When I run out of NN sucra I’ll most likely purchase SS and use less as it’s stronger and probably more bang for the buck. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    TFA Sweetener is sucralose at 5% with Ethyl Maltol at 5%
    CAP Super Sweet is water, sucralose, citric acid, sodium citrate, potassium sorbate, and sodium benzoate@20%sucralose
    FW Natural and Artificial Flavouring, Sucralose and Propylene Glycol@10% sucralose
    Erythritol — It is 60% – 70% of the sweetness of sucrose and only 1/10 the sweetness of sucralose
    Flavorah’s Sweetness is a Stevia derived type of sweetener
    Sugar Daddy is a blend of:Stevia,EM,Erythritol,sucralose and DW in VG base

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Sucralose doesn't mute like Ethyl maltol I use Supersweet for that reason and it works well at low percentages. It's also pretty much shake and vape in my opinion, so start low, you can always try raising the percentage by a few drops. It really is pretty strong.

Best of luck, I haven't tried the erythrspellinngpropbleem yet, but I haven't mixed since someone sent me a small amount I'm looking forward to experimenting with it.

Anna

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Sucralose doesn't mute like Ethyl maltol I use Supersweet for that reason and it works well at low percentages. It's also pretty much shake and vape in my opinion, so start low, you can always try raising the percentage by a few drops. It really is pretty strong.

Best of luck, I haven't tried the erythrspellinngpropbleem yet, but I haven't mixed since someone sent me a small amount I'm looking forward to experimenting with it.

Anna
    All the other stuff is why I quit using SS but thats just me. I have been using FW or NN stevia. The other one, Ive read so many reviews stating how great it is and quite a few stating how it mutes and I can see that.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    TFA Sweetener is sucralose at 5% with Ethyl Maltol at 5%
    CAP Super Sweet is water, sucralose, citric acid, sodium citrate, potassium sorbate, and sodium benzoate@20%sucralose
    FW Natural and Artificial Flavouring, Sucralose and Propylene Glycol@10% sucralose
    Erythritol — It is 60% – 70% of the sweetness of sucrose and only 1/10 the sweetness of sucralose
    Flavorah’s Sweetness is a Stevia derived type of sweetener
    Sugar Daddy is a blend of:Stevia,EM,Erythritol,sucralose and DW in VG base

Thank you for clarifying this for me!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I use loads of sweetener. Super sweet and Stevia are my faves. I do not get muting with either. However I don’t get sweetness from EM at all. I use it, not often, to mute only.

I can’t even remember every brand of sweetener I’ve tried, but I know which I’ve kept ordering.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yeh I don't mind a BIT of EM, but I mainly use flavors that contain it in low percentages.

Some folks LOVE EM or Stevia (me and Stevia never got along but the main thing is KNOW what you are using/experimenting with using sweeteners, and have fun and be informed along the way! That's why the DIY forum is so great, always new folks, new flavors to talk about and new experiments to make.

I really, really hate Stevia. I also don't begrudge ANYONE'S love for it. Maybe one day when I hit my "sucralose" limit I will be concerned (and Diet Pepsi changed it's formal back to some other sweetening stuff) but I highly doubt I will REACH that limit. LOL.

Anna

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Yeh I don't mind a BIT of EM, but I mainly use flavors that contain it in low percentages.

Some folks LOVE EM or Stevia (me and Stevia never got along but the main thing is KNOW what you are using/experimenting with using sweeteners, and have fun and be informed along the way! That's why the DIY forum is so great, always new folks, new flavors to talk about and new experiments to make.

I really, really hate Stevia. I also don't begrudge ANYONE'S love for it. Maybe one day when I hit my "sucralose" limit I will be concerned (and Diet Pepsi changed it's formal back to some other sweetening stuff) but I highly doubt I will REACH that limit. LOL.

Anna
    Some stevia's I dont get along with. Theres a funky aftertaste with some forms. I dont get that with the NN. I heard Jennifer Jarvis say she is working on a new sweetener. That one I will try

• Agree
    Reactions: NatashaTMT
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread